Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

minibus to camper question

Options
  • 02-03-2019 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

Hi, if buying say a transit 9 seater van..
    If i remove six of the back seats to use as a day camper, would i have to refit them to pass the next doe, or does it matter if it only has 3 seats as its commercial vehicle anyway??
    Just wondering if anyone knows for sure..
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

spacekiwi wrote: »
    Hi, if buying say a transit 9 seater van..
    If i remove six of the back seats to use as a day camper, would i have to refit them to pass the next doe, or does it matter if it only has 3 seats as its commercial vehicle anyway??
    Just wondering if anyone knows for sure..
    Thanks

A 9 seater is not commercial, if you convert to commercial the only way it can have seats in the back for the doe is if its a crew cab.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭spacekiwi

So a minibus has to go for a nct??

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

spacekiwi wrote: »
    So a minibus has to go for a nct??

Driver + 8 passengers is category M1 must take NCT test and if you don't convert it to a camper you'll be paying private tax also.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 dontbossme

Hi sorry for jumping on this!

Is a is category M1 (bus) vrt except if camper conversation to a good standard is done?

Again sorry yo post here information is so hard to find.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

I'm fairly sure it is. It's not exempt as such, but full vrt has already been paid for the minibus when it was bought or imported. When you change that to a camper there is no balance to be paid.

For a regular van the vrt has also been paid but it's usually very low (like e50) so when you are changing the classification you will need to pay the difference

• Advertisement
Advertisement