Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help finding rental accommodation

Options
  • 15-02-2019 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

hi i am currently in temporary accommodation and have been since may 2018 i have tried daft and estate agents i even wrote a letter to the minister for housing i have run out of options is there an organization in Dublin that helps people find somewhere ps i am currently studying ina two year course my living situation is stressing me out

if anyone knows any place that helps i would greatly appreciate it thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

jdoonan01 wrote: »
    hi i am currently in temporary accommodation and have been since may 2018 i have tried daft and estate agents i even wrote a letter to the minister for housing i have run out of options is there an organization in Dublin that helps people find somewhere ps i am currently studying ina two year course my living situation is stressing me out

if anyone knows any place that helps i would greatly appreciate it thanks

Why did you write to the Minister for housing??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

Yes there is Simon and also cluid housing

• Registered Users Posts: 25,709 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Try the accommodation officer in your college.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Is it for just yourself? Are you looking at rooms in shared accomadation or only 1 bed apartments?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 jdoonan01

fussyonion wrote: »
    Why did you write to the Minister for housing??

i feel that i am running out of options as i am currently in temporary accommodation and have been since may last year

• Advertisement

Klonker wrote: »
    Is it for just yourself? Are you looking at rooms in shared accomadation or only 1 bed apartments?

i am looking just for myself i have tried everything i can think of but have been bounced from billy to jack

i am looking just for myself i have tried everything i can think of but have been bounced from billy to jack

This is the room I'm renting @€;135 per week

• Registered Users Posts: 45 redhand07

where is your College and where are you looking for ?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

This is the room I'm renting @€;135 per week
    What budget do you have? What college are you going to? Why is the current place stressing you out?

my college is in bray im living in rathmines looking for a small studio apartment for myself

• Advertisement

redhand07 wrote: »
    where is your College and where are you looking for ?

The landladies husband keeps asking me for extra money for crazy things things

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭wiggle16

The image is too blurry to see anything clearly, OP.

You're not going to get a studio apartment for anything like what you are paying now. Are you living with the owner?

When you say temporary accommodation, what do you mean? Were you placed there by a local authority or a charity in lieu of longer term housing?

Or have you a lease from a private landlord yourself on a short term let? Because these are two very different things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

why are you living in one of the most expensive areas in Dublin if you're in college in Bray? Move somewhere out near Bray. And look at an apartment share like most other single people get.

wiggle16 wrote: »
    The image is too blurry to see anything clearly, OP.

You're not going to get a studio apartment for anything like what you are paying now. Are you living with the owner?

When you say temporary accommodation, what do you mean? Were you placed there by a local authority or a charity in lieu of longer term housing?

Or have you a lease from a private landlord yourself on a short term let? Because these are two very different things.
    its a b&b

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Klonker wrote: »
    why are you living in one of the most expensive areas in Dublin if you're in college in Bray? Move somewhere out near Bray. And look at an apartment share like most other single people get.

Exactly!!

Advertisement