Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hall of Fame 2019

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,362 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Sirsok wrote: »
    Deserves it for her Dawn Marie fued alone....

haha nope. If there is any truth to the report then the video package will a challenging one for the top notch wwe video team. The wrestlers not in before this rumoured person makes a mockery of the whole thing IMO. I mean Koko B.Ware can rest easy if this is true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Jesus. 3 names that I didn't think i'd see going in any time soon tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

Stacy Keibler has been around as long as Torrie Wilson from their WCW days. 20 years now! :eek:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

gerrybbadd wrote:
    Jesus. 3 names that I didn't think i'd see going in any time soon tbh.

I really don't see what the middle dude has done to warrant a HOF place either but I guess it is what it is.

Stellar career but didn't really do much in WWE imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Wwe hall of fame is expanding though to not just include tenure in the company.

The gimmick alone was pretty ahead of its time if ya think about it, some huge moments outside of WWE. Definitely deserves a place.

RopeDrink wrote:
    Tazz was literally 'the man' back in old ECW days and I don't think his fans understood why he was pidgeoned into an announcer role after being transferred. Some believe it was because they thought he was about to 'botch' a move on Angle during his debut (which wasn't the case, but you know how things go with assumptions and perception in WWE).

Wasn't it neck injuries primarily though? I think he had a couple of surgeries.

Don't get me wrong I liked Tazz, I just wouldn't tbh consider him a shout for the HOF based off his overall career. There's bigger names from ECW not gone in yet that deserve a nod ahead of him imo.

But at the end of the day it's a subjective thing I guess and it's not gonna make one bit of difference to me if he does or doesn't.

Actually my fave moment of Tazz was when he appeared as ECW Champ and challenged Triple H (even Vince regrets not giving him the win I've read somewhere).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Tazz has such a weird run. Beat Angle on his first night, then months later put in the garbage Wrestlemania Hardcore Title match, beats Mike Awesome for the ECW title, loses to HHH, followed by a run where as a heel jobbed to Lawler where he gets hit on the head by a candy jar by JR.
    Gimmick was years ahead of its time but man that first year is an example of how not to book a guy.

Other than the podcast, what's Tazz doing these days? No doubt, after the HOF, he'll be back working commentary for WWE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Other than the podcast, what's Tazz doing these days? No doubt, after the HOF, he'll be back working commentary for WWE

Hosts a radio show too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,891 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Which Tazmaniac would go in Taz or Tazz

Which Tazmaniac would go in Taz or Tazz

Oh sure it'd have to be the WWE bastardisation Tazz

Also kids don't Google Chyna, However it is OK to Google WWE Playboy naked Torrie.

It's official that torrie Wilson is going to be in the 2019 WWE hall of fame. Wow that's a head scratcher to me. I'm sure she's a very nice person and hasn't done a sunny on it post WWE and at some point she was going to go in I suppose but before molly holly and Victoria and melina ? How are the WWE video production wizards in Connecticut going to put a video together while trying to avoid the bra and panties and pudding matches as they don't really fit with the WWE women superstars. Also why isn't bull Nakano not in the WWE hall of fame ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Torrie Wilson is a weird induction considering her biggest career highlight was posing for Playboy and WWE likes to forget that stuff ever happened during this current womens revolution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

They’ll probably focus a lot on her management days in WCW

• Advertisement

Also kids don't Google Chyna, However it is OK to Google WWE Playboy naked Torrie.

Playboy wasn't exactly the height of her adult entertainment career. I don't have a big problem with it either way.
    The WWE HOF candidacy has & will be based on said persons relationship with WWE & not on genuine merit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Well i think Stacy should be ahead of Torrie, her audition to be vinces secretary was great, even if it was vinces reactions that made the segment memorable, lol

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Yeah, usually I go "It's only a kayfabe show", but even by that logic, Wilson is a bizarre one. It stinks a lot of "Which women will bother to show up". I'm guessing Stacy wouldn't nowadays.

My guess is this is a way to try and get Stacy back into the fold.

Get Stacy to induct Torrie as they are still close friends.

Wow, not a single Women's title reign to her name. Must be the first ever non champion of any description to go in.

Edit: Well managers etc aside at least

• Advertisement

It will be an interesting video package and voice over to hype it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,298 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I would rather be caught googling Torrie's Playboy pics than googling Chyna's

Gail Kim thinks she deserves to go in so that's good enough for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Should have been al Wilson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

sky88 wrote: »
    Should have been al Wilson

He died for this business, dammit.

On Torrie, I think I read she's had 7 matches ever on tv. Meanwhile British Bulldog Davey Boy Smith headlined one of the biggest attended events of all time and was present throughout Hulkamania, the New Generation and the Attitide Era as well as being part of arguably the most famous wrestling family ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Omackeral wrote: »
    He died for this business, dammit.

On Torrie, I think I read she's had 7 matches ever on tv. Meanwhile British Bulldog Davey Boy Smith headlined one of the biggest attended events of all time and was present throughout Hulkamania, the New Generation and the Attitide Era as well as being part of arguably the most famous wrestling family ever.

on PPV surely?

on PPV surely?

Just looked up her stats there on cagematch.net and sorted by tv and ppv. It doesn't make for good reading. I think what I read must've referred to straight up one-on-one matches because that ballpark figure is fair enough. Every other match is lingerie pillowfight, bra & panties or paddle on a pole. #WomensWrestling

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Lita Forever

Personally I'm delighted that Torrie is going into the Hall of Fame. I've been a long time fan of hers since the Invasion days. Sure you can argue that a lot of her career was the type of stuff that the WWE is now trying to get away from with the current "women's revolution". Though it doesn't seem right to judge her just on that. She did the best with what she was given. She had more to her career than that side of things as well, but thats not as well remembered due to the presentation of women in her era.

The fact is, overall and all things considered, Torrie had a great career. In ring wise she worked hard to improve, and she did. In terms of actual in ring skills, and what she had to work with/ how far she was allowed to go she devloped into a good worker, and is under-rated in this department. Sure the wrestling purists among us will think of Victoria, Molly Holly, Gail Kim, Melina etc and say they should go in first, I'm a big fan of those women as well. The fact is though, this can't be judged strictly on a purist basis, for reasons I shouldn't have to go into.

Personality wise, Torrie seems like a nice person who has overcome a lot of personal strugles. I've watched her shoot inierview and heard her on podcasts, and I can relate to her story a lot. As I'm sure a lot of people that knows her story can. The fact is, she was a big part of her era, did her best with what she had to work with, and worked hard to improve as she didn't want to coast by on her looks like so many. She's also represented herself well since. This is the year she's getting her moment in the HOF, it was going to happen eventually anyways, so why begrudge her the moment now? I haven't posted here in years and then I go and write a novel lol, but there ya go. ; )

Damn an 8 year wait for that post!!!

You still got it *clap clap clap clap clap*

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Lita Forever

Damn an 8 year wait for that post!!!

You still got it *clap clap clap clap clap*

*MASSIVE POP* :pac::pac:

• Advertisement

Harlem Heat are next inductees

https://twitter.com/BookerT5x/status/1105137729946423296

i like that they seem to be heading inducting people twice like Booker as it was a legendary tag team on top of his singles run

i look forward to his 3rd induction for his commentary

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,537 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

sky88 wrote: »
    Harlem Heat are next inductees

https://twitter.com/BookerT5x/status/1105137729946423296

i like that they seem to be heading inducting people twice like Booker as it was a legendary tag team on top of his singles run

i look forward to his 3rd induction for his commentary

He has to get in 5 times :p

Is Sister Sherri getting a second ring as well?

633b8e726336c27b09783ac7adcdb07c--harlem-wwe-wrestlers.jpg

Is Sister Sherri getting a second ring as well?

Maybe Big T as well

We want all the rings....... Hall Of Fame....... we comin' for you N*gga!

We want all the rings....... Hall Of Fame....... we comin' for you N*gga!

To be fair to booker you can see from his reaction after he said he it he knew he'd made a bad mistake. Sherri behind him kind of smirks.

So the Warrior Award is going to someone behind the scenes as originally wanted.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So the Warrior Award is going to someone behind the scenes as originally wanted.

Yep. I took awhile but they seem to get to where the award was intended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Is it whoever edits the promo videos?

Definitely a top contender.

• Advertisement

Bret and Jim Neidhart confirmed for HOF now on wwe.com. No nod for Jimmy Hart as part of the original Foundation

Bret and Jim Neidhart confirmed for HOF now on wwe.com. No nod for Jimmy Hart as part of the original Foundation

Jimmy screwed Jimmy.

Depressing that Bulldog and Owen aren't in yet. They could feasibly go in as a tag act, as part of the 1997 Hart Foundation stable but especially and most importantly as solo acts.

Weren’t they originally confirmed though ? Or am I having a brain fart and they were never officially in until today ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

What are the odds of Bret going off on Martha Hart during his speech, for not allowing Owen into the HOF.

So that's the third two time inductee this year. Safe to say HHH is also a 2 time inductee in the future.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So that's the third two time inductee this year. Safe to say HHH is also a 2 time inductee in the future.

I'd say he'll get in with Evolution as well. Him and Ric with three rings each.

• Advertisement

I'd say he'll get in with Evolution as well. Him and Ric with three rings each.

When all is said and done, Ric will have as many HOF rings as he has had wedding rings

Mike Johnson of PWInsider

Radio station WHTZ 100.3 FM in New York City is running an ad for WWE Hall of Fame tickets and listed
    Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake
    among the inductees for the 2019 WWE Hall of Fame class, so there's your final Hall of Famer.

Mike Johnson of PWInsider

Radio station WHTZ 100.3 FM in New York City is running an ad for WWE Hall of Fame tickets and listed
    Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake
    among the inductees for the 2019 WWE Hall of Fame class, so there's your final Hall of Famer.

Please god no

It's funny when you see the age of the men going into the HoF compared to the women. And the condition they're in.

i hope
    conrad
    inducts him

• Advertisement
Advertisement