Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IMRA Season 2019

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

Peterx wrote: »
    The first time I will be looking at the finish is when I hit the beach:p
    Yes, it’s probably best not to look into the distance whilst running across jagged rocks on Bray head ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Great fun race on Bray head last night. Massive turn-out. The trail out around the cliff gives a chance to get the legs moving, even if it was a bit fast for most of us :rolleyes: Always nice to see new trails. Enjoyed it a lot.

Didn't see Sean H after the sprinted off into the distance at the start. I'd assumed he won. Fair play to Luke Mc on his first hill race win. Do we know how the race at the front went, when did Luke reel Sean in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Djoucer

Couldn’t believe the pace SH set off. Was nuts. We all looked and each other and joked about who was going to chase down. Only one volunteered and he was reeled in before the turn for climb.

Great course, had bits to suit/challenge everyone except perhaps for the climbing purists.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 smurfsturf

Ran my first IMRA event at Mushera-Boggeraghs on Wednesday.

I thoroughly enjoyed the run and found it less daunting than what I was expecting. The boggy bits made running a little difficult but I managed to run most of the course. I slipped twice on the decent towards the finish and was lucky not to get injured. Lesson learned... get proper fell/trail running shoes!

I guess I have been bitten by the trail running bug as I am already planning to include another event in my road running schedule :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

Good luck to all the Wicklow way Solos tonight..and tomorrow..

http://live.primaltracking.com/wicklowwayrace19/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Enduro

Top of first climb and Shane Lynch, Gavin Byrne and Robbie Britton are tracking together out front. It's going to be some race this year. Should see the record go.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

And indeed the record did go. Some run by Robbie Britton.

Just looking at tonights Djouce run is it easy navigated? (having never done it before seems to be a lot of photo prompts on the IMRA site)
    Im guessing follow the person in front will be enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭BigAl81

You'll be fine.

Follow the yellow tape. There will be volunteer marshals at the main junctions as well.

There'll be over 150 people there tonight, so unofficially, yeah, follow the crowd. However, officially, don't assume the person in front of you knows where they are going and do look out for the tape.

Things to look out for at this race are to allow enough time to get from the car park to the start line, it's a 1km walk. And also, this run is one of the steeper ones. It's a bit of a slog to the top of the hill. Also don't forget a running / lightweight waterproof jacket.

Give it a go, you'll be fine and enjoy it. Welcome to IMRA!

The Ayling Abyss my league debut...Something else!! really enjoyed it..(if thats possible)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭BigAl81

Well done, it's one of the tougher ones and that downhill at the end is crazy!!

Roll on next Wednesday ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Great race yesterday albeit the course was very testing given the conditions...
    Thanks to the RD, marshals/volunteers a special mention to the families helping (babies and kids all doing their bit)great to see and make the event possible given the weather.
    Us racers had the easy part..

Advertisement