Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chit chat

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

Not an ounce of cop on. She shows that message so obviously she must have thought it was funny/acceptable and yet she blocks followers who ask reasonable questions.?? Always going on about girl boss crap and yet thinks an inappropriate message like that is something to show her followers. She's like a teenage girl with no experience of boys who gets all exited cos a boy looks her way. Give me strength.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭forumuser

fineso.mom wrote: »
    Not an ounce of cop on. She shows that message so obviously she must have thought it was funny/acceptable and yet she blocks followers who ask reasonable questions.?? Always going on about girl boss crap and yet thinks an inappropriate message like that is something to show her followers. She's like a teenage girl with no experience of boys who gets all exited cos a boy looks her way. Give me strength.

Seems to be gone now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Lindy17

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    It's a pity I'm not about that day, I'd say it's going to be emotional but at the same time the ladies taking part in it are fab women. Fair play to TBT et al for organising it

I know, I feel so much more positive about going to this as it's 50 euro going to a great cause. I was getting so emotional when I was reading the Gofundme page. Saw on Sinead's snaps today lots more bloggers/MUAs have got involved and I think sold out/almost sold out. Nice to hear something positive about how much influence bloggers can have when they band together.

On the other hand, I think MUF has become even more unrelatable (which I didn't think was possible). Who goes skiing for a week and needs designer ski wear? For a week? Would she not head off to Aldi like the rest of us plebs :) There's plenty of money in blogging clearly!

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Emmser

Strangest thing ever...went on to snapchat to catch up and noticed similar final snap on both Rosie's and Stephanie's story. I watched their snap stories and they both shared a pic from 'The Secret' app as their final snap tonight. Those two are so alike today; both having their sons on it tonight and then the secret thing. What a coincidence!

Anyone any idea what Luna 3 is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Emmser wrote: »

I hope it’s as good as Luna 2. I really can notice the difference in my hair since I have started using it. At €16 it doesn’t break the bank either.

Wellyd wrote: »
    I hope it’s as good as Luna 2. I really can notice the difference in my hair since I have started using it. At €16 it doesn’t break the bank either.

That's good to know. I didn't find the lip glosses great. I was disappointed. They didn't apply evenly and didn't 'stick' to my lip if that makes sense. I have Kylie lipkits and they wouldn't budge but very drying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

That's good to know. I didn't find the lip glosses great. I was disappointed. They didn't apply evenly and didn't 'stick' to my lip if that makes sense. I have Kylie lipkits and they wouldn't budge but very drying.

I’m not a gloss person definitely a matte lover so I had no real desire to purchase them! I love the kylie lip kits. They are drying but I find that they last all day and night. My lips don’t suffer too much as long as I don’t wear them everyday and keep using the cicaplast lip balm before and after. But the hair conditioner spray is brilliant. It’s one of the first influencer designed products I’ve bought and I’ve been recommending it to others!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Lindy17

Luna 3 revealed liquid eyeshadows! I’m guessing similar to the stila stay all day? Wasn’t expecting that so looking forward to seeing swatches etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Has anyone been following the Tarte foundation scandal?

Basically they released 16 shades of their new shape tape foundation (2 formulas) but only two of them are for women of colour. Lots of people are not happy about this (and they're right).

But, some of the reactions are crazy, any YouTube video reviewing the foundation is getting tonnes of traffic and aggressive comments.

Fleur de Force has just had a baby and did a YouTube video of her monthly favourites, including this foundation and the comments are just insane - lots people saying they're unsubscribing because she positively reviewed it. It's pretty clear she hasn't been following social media - it's all gotten VERY dramatic! I feel very sorry for her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 ElaineMIRL

Just wanted to say hello to the thread members. I was hoping to chat with other bloggers about blogging. Still finding my feet so I'm sorry if I post anything wrong.

I'm not really into makeup so I can't comment on what has been discussed above (it seems to be a dead chat anyway) but what does everyone think of the future of Snapchat? After they changed the format of the app and the Rhianna advert things aren't going so well for them. I personally don't like using it anymore and since they separated personal accounts from bloggers etc. I never check the bloggers anymore. I forgot I even followed them!

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

What’s going on with RMC?
    She posted on Insta a screenshot of a Reddit thread where someone alleges she was dumped by her bf and is now working for the Daily Mail.
    Then yesterday I think, she says she has given up being a PT (which honestly isn’t surprising at all).

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭DaeryssaOne

I saw this too, while it's absolutely none of my business what she does with her career I find it quite sad that the PT thing didn't last longer for her. It seemed initially that she had found something that would actually make her happy but it appears to have been yet another fad that didn't last long.
    Have no idea if she's writing for the DM but really hope that's not true as I'm sure she will only go down the route of trying to be even more controversial (hating men etc) to stir up readership and end up getting online abuse again which can't be good for anybody's mental health.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭zapper55

I hope someone here can help.

I stumbled across a great post on instagram yesterday but I can't remember the name of the account. It was an Irish girl in her 30's maybe. She had lost loads of weight but she wasn't the usual annoying inspo fitness rubbish. She came across very normal.

She posted about the lightbulb moment that made her lose weight. She was going to see a scan of her sisters baby and the sister had 19 weeks to go. She thought about how overweight she felt, including having a dead leg, and thought it could be doable to lose a lb a week until her sisters baby arrived. She went on to lose a good bit more weight.

It was really inspirational and from the heart and I'm raging I can't find it now. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 TightyWhiteys

zapper55 wrote: »
    I hope someone here can help.

I stumbled across a great post on instagram yesterday but I can't remember the name of the account. It was an Irish girl in her 30's maybe. She had lost loads of weight but she wasn't the usual annoying inspo fitness rubbish. She came across very normal.

She posted about the lightbulb moment that made her lose weight. She was going to see a scan of her sisters baby and the sister had 19 weeks to go. She thought about how overweight she felt, including having a dead leg, and thought it could be doable to lose a lb a week until her sisters baby arrived. She went on to lose a good bit more weight.

It was really inspirational and from the heart and I'm raging I can't find it now. Thanks.

Trishas.transformation?

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭zapper55

Yes!! Thanks a million.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 TightyWhiteys

zapper55 wrote: »
    Yes!! Thanks a million.

No problem!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,032 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I came across Sinead Rice as part of the Inglot exposé and have a genuine question. Those lips? Wtf? I can cope with the contouring to extremes to the point she looks like she has vitiligo with the white patches but I can't get my head around those lips. How is a glossy rectangle where lips should be, considered sexy/attractive?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,032 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Was anyone else at SCS Dublin Workshop yesterday? Bought tickets for my friend's birthday. Had a brilliant day, was surprised how much I enjoyed it. Went to the bar during Suzanne Jackson, the one time their slow service came in handy :)

Advertisement