Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

just smoked my last I hope

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭cordangan

How did today go Dolly
    ?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭promises

Day 17 for me with the patches. So far so good. I originally gave up 10 days prior to this but slipped up twice...first on day 4 when I received worrying news about family members health..gave up next day again but 4 days later had a few drinks and slipped up again. In a way it was a good education slipping up as I know now I must avoid alcohol if I can and also I didn't feel any better about the news after I smoked. So when things are tough remind myself that that one cigarette will not make me feel better but worse. The patches are working well for me ( I actually forgot to change my patch this morning ,only remembered at 8pm). I was eating a lot of crisps in first 10 days and as a result gained 3.5 lbs, couldn't continue so now instead I'm eating raw nuts, raspberries, blueberries and strawberries. Try this if you are junk eating, I actually enjoy them more. Another thing which is helping was setting my self time goals...1 hour..then 2...then 4.. 1 day, 2 days, etc.. now I'm over the 2 week Mark going for 3 weeks...I do not want to have to start at 0 again. My partner also smokes and for first week or so he continued smoking in the house in front of me... Torture..worst part yet. But he is on board now and doesn't smoke in front of me..and keeps his pack hidden from me which is a massive help. Try getting family and friends on board if you can. Best of luck to all you fellow quiters, keep it up, we can do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Berlin_100642

Just wondering how everyone is doing, especially dollyk. I'm also the wrong side of 50, and have a long smoking history. But I've been smoke free for more than two months now, and feel great. It was one of the hardest things I have ever done - I don't want to kid anyone that it's easy - but it was worth it. No going back now! Oh, and I've also kicked my chocolate biscuit habit, which got me through the worst days.

Berlin wrote: »
    Just wondering how everyone is doing, especially dollyk. I'm also the wrong side of 50, and have a long smoking history. But I've been smoke free for more than two months now, and feel great. It was one of the hardest things I have ever done - I don't want to kid anyone that it's easy - but it was worth it. No going back now! Oh, and I've also kicked my chocolate biscuit habit, which got me through the worst days.

Well are you still off the fags?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭red bull

A year off them,put on a lot of weight. Have the weight under control now. Feel much better

• Advertisement

Advertisement