Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Zardoz

And Nicki Minaj has cancelled her gig for tonight at the last minute citing a highly dubious excuse.
    Dont be surprised if this is not rescheduled due to terrible ticket sales.

https://twitter.com/mcd_productions/status/1106612120114864128

• Registered Users Posts: 12,454 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Zardoz wrote: »
    And Nicki Minaj has cancelled her gig for tonight at the last minute citing a highly dubious excuse.
    Dont be surprised if this is not rescheduled due to terrible ticket sales.

In fairness all the ferries were cancelled. An hour before doors open though! Ouch.

Good old MCD eh? Have to admire them in a way. They just could not give a fcuk.

The Nal wrote: »
    In fairness all the ferries were cancelled. An hour before doors open though! Ouch.

Good old MCD eh? Have to admire them in a way. They just could not give a fcuk.

It seems idiotic that the promoters would schedule a gig in Dublin a night after playing in Birmingham.
    Minaj didnt go onstage until 9.20 last night .

It seems idiotic that the promoters would schedule a gig in Dublin a night after playing in Birmingham.
    Minaj didnt go onstage until 9.20 last night .

They would've known early this morning if the ferry wasn't sailing.

An hour before doors open. Assume there were already people queuing?

They would've known early this morning if the ferry wasn't sailing.

An hour before doors open. Assume there were already people queuing?

As far as it seems there were no ferry cancellations last night or this morning so the excuse seems like bull.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

They would've known early this morning if the ferry wasn't sailing. An hour before doors open. Assume there were already people queuing?

There were about twenty people at Entrance One when I drove by at 4:40.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, The Bothy Band, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies.

As far as it seems there were no ferry cancellations last night or this morning so the excuse seems like bull.

Oh really? Thats a mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

2 mates were had just gotten to the O2 when they found out the show was cancelled, they were fuming.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

the 10:40 Swift sailing was cancelled, and then the 14:10 Ulysses didn't sail until 16:45, not arriving until 8pm:
    https://www.irishferries.com/ie-en/sailing-updates/dublin-holyhead/

presume they were supposed to be on the Swift, then waited for the Ulysses which was delayed.

I haven't bothered to check Stena Line...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭blackwhite

the 10:40 Swift sailing was cancelled, and then the 14:10 Ulysses didn't sail until 16:45, not arriving until 8pm:

presume they were supposed to be on the Swift, then waited for the Ulysses which was delayed.

No freight on the Swift - so it wasn’t that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Fortyjocks

Could she not have used Garth Brooks stage, wasn't that out at sea somewhere at one point :) Music fans screwed again by promoters who clearly don't give a damn about the cost and inconvenience these late notices cause, easy knowing they don't have to compensate for v late cancellations where the position was surely known to them well before 5.45 with people queuing outside!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

It's a lot of bull****, sold terribly.

Was checking over the past couple of days via ticketmaster app.

Then MCD were running competition to win '4 tickets'

4 tickets? Usually unheard of. Then needed to fill up an empty arena. Feel sorry to those who paid and travelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Walk past there every day on the way home from work, a lot of young kids there.

Not a good situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

Nicki Minaj just cancelled the entire show with no rescheduled date all tickets to be refunded this Tuesday what a farce I feel sorry for all the people who brought small children up and paid for hotels she should be made liable for that what a disgrace I dont think she will be welcomed back anytime soon

https://twitter.com/mcd_productions/status/1106653198574587904

They didnt waste anytime deliberating over rescheduling .
    Very poor form.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,640 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Stephen Malkmus solo show in Whelan's sept 14th

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Soulsun

Folks are Coldplay likely to play in Ireland or the UK this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Black Sheep playing the sugar club, these were pretty big at the time, always on mtv raps and then just vanished.

late night friday 26th April 20euro + fees. 11:30PM to 2:30AM
    Black Sheep are one of the slightly lesser-known groups of the NYC-based Native Tongues Collective (of which A Tribe Called Quest, Brand Nubian, De La Soul, and Jungle Brothers were the better known member groups) The duo rapidly gained success with their 1991 debut album “A Wolf In Sheep’s Clothing” on the back of a string of well-received singles: “Flavor of the Month”, “Similak Child”, “Strobelite Honey”, and especially with the release of the remixed single “The Choice Is Yours (Revisited)”.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,289 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Soulsun wrote: »

Very very unlikely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Reminding myself it should be okay to post this as it's the 'rumoured and confirmed events' thread.

Florence and the Machine to play in Ireland this year.. Last November they were going to be one of the acts announced for Malahide Castle. They obviously haven't been announced, and are now still looking at the possibility of playing one of the festivals (I'm wondering if the Dun Laoghaire festival that was to be announced last week may have been one of those possibilities - that's just me).
    Anyway, the latest 'version' that I have heard, is that promoters are looking at the possibility of switching them for Kodaline and putting Kodaline in Malahide.
    Wherever the location, it is rumoured that they will be playing here.

I'm taking it with a pinch of salt, after I was told and was convinced it was true that PJ then EV would be playing Malahide. They didn't lie that he was coming, but the version was a load of balls. So may also be accurate the FATM will be playing.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,872 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Suckit wrote: »
    Reminding myself it should be okay to post this as it's the 'rumoured and confirmed events' thread.

Florence and the Machine to play in Ireland this year.. Last November they were going to be one of the acts announced for Malahide Castle. They obviously haven't been announced, and are now still looking at the possibility of playing one of the festivals (I'm wondering if the Dun Laoghaire festival that was to be announced last week may have been one of those possibilities - that's just me).
    Anyway, the latest 'version' that I have heard, is that promoters are looking at the possibility of switching them for Kodaline and putting Kodaline in Malahide.
    Wherever the location, it is rumoured that they will be playing here.

I'm taking it with a pinch of salt, after I was told and was convinced it was true that PJ then EV would be playing Malahide. They didn't lie that he was coming, but the version was a load of balls. So may also be accurate the FATM will be playing.

54519349_10157182726364168_2915769072945725440_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=3e8b64f084e62b2518065310c2a0a223&oe=5D020090

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

EP GIANT POSTER
    Jesus..
    Wept..
    :o:o:o:o:o:o
    Ah well. They didn't lie.

I didn't even look at the EP lineup. :o
    I do remember seeing the lineup, now I think about it. But not their name.
    Sweet mother of God and all that's holy in heaven and earth.

Were they announced after the initial announcement?

FFS - https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=109672704&postcount=1635

Soulsun wrote: »

I can see them playing Slane if they were to come back they would have no problem selling it out

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

Not a chance are Coldplay playing this year. If they were, tickets would've went on sale in 2018. Their tours are carefully planned and structured at least a year in advance like any stadium band.

Not a chance are Coldplay playing this year. If they were, tickets would've went on sale in 2018. Their tours are carefully planned and structured at least a year in advance like any stadium band.

Be mid 2021 at least before it ever happens they don't look to be releasing anything anytime soon. Slane 2021 is my guess cause they have played everywhere else

• Registered Users Posts: 14 CarCrashStufff

Not sure if anyone mentioned already, but Foo Fighters guitarist Chris Shiflett playing Grand Social on March 30th.
    Still some tickets available.

Eddie Vedder Presale is on tomorrow from 9 lads make sure ye have your code so you can get the tickets and not have to deal with the hassle on Friday

100 euro for the nosebleeds for eddie vedder looks like all the good seats are after getting taken from the fan club presale gutted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Duffy98 wrote: »
    100 euro for the nosebleeds for eddie vedder looks like all the good seats are after getting taken from the fan club presale gutted

presale tickets are not usually particularly good. And it is VERY common for them to try and offload crap seats first to create panic amongst big fans, then save decent seats for casual fans who buy later (who would not have bothered if only nosebleeds were on sale).

Just remember the ticketmaster refund thing, and I think there is the ability to exchange.

Advertisement