Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manual for HKC 10/70 and GSM

Options
  • 09-03-2019 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi all, a couple of years ago I sought help here to reprogram an HKC 10/70 alarm with GSM for self monitoring.

Not even having basic menu access I was advised to try default the system, but never done in the end until now because the alarm constantly gives me a GSM line fault that was driving me crazy. This morning I gave it a go and managed to default the alarm.
    1) First question do I need to put back the JP1 link after remove it? Also reading other threads I saw I will need now to re-program zones etc.
    2) Would anyone have a manual that could share with me please?
    I read here it is very straightforward to reprogram, I have no idea but hope so! Once done I will also try to set it up for self-monitoring.
    3) Can I use the SIM card I already have or will need a new number?

Many thanks in advance. Not sure Altor and KoolKid are still active on boards but they were extremely helpful last time!

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,640 ✭✭✭✭altor

Evo.A wrote: »
    Hi all, a couple of years ago I sought help here to reprogram an HKC 10/70 alarm with GSM for self monitoring.

Not even having basic menu access I was advised to try default the system, but never done in the end until now because the alarm constantly gives me a GSM line fault that was driving me crazy. This morning I gave it a go and managed to default the alarm.
    1) First question do I need to put back the JP1 link after remove it? Also reading other threads I saw I will need now to re-program zones etc.
    2) Would anyone have a manual that could share with me please?
    I read here it is very straightforward to reprogram, I have no idea but hope so! Once done I will also try to set it up for self-monitoring.
    3) Can I use the SIM card I already have or will need a new number?

Many thanks in advance. Not sure Altor and KoolKid are still active on boards but they were extremely helpful last time!

Cheers

On the 10270 you can just default codes as apposed to defaulting the whole system.
    Yes, jp1 needs to be put back after defaulting.
    We are not allowed share manuals on boards.ie
    If sim is still active then yes you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Evo.A

Thanks Altor, I only asked for the manual as I saw it was shared in same old threads, I wouldn't have asked otherwise.

The quick codes to arm still work fine. I also tried to open windows and the zone on the panel seem correct so I think it is possible that I didn't default the whole system but only the codes as you said.

The issue I have now is that the SIM still drains all the credit because it keeps calling two landline numbers and I believe they are the monitoring centre in Cork (alarm used to be monitored). Then when credit is zero, it starts giving me the Communications fault, while if I take the SIM out I get the GSM line fault instead (I think).

Using engineer access I got to Comms menu, deleted the landlines numbers from Monitoring menu and added my mobile instead within SMS menu.

I'm hoping this will work now as I am not sure there's more settings to change. For instance I noticed in Monitoring there's Phone Account and Protocol but I didn't delete them as not sure and don't want to mess with it if I don't need to.

Thanks Altor, I only asked for the manual as I saw it was shared in same old threads, I wouldn't have asked otherwise.

The quick codes to arm still work fine. I also tried to open windows and the zone on the panel seem correct so I think it is possible that I didn't default the whole system but only the codes as you said.

The issue I have now is that the SIM still drains all the credit because it keeps calling two landline numbers and I believe they are the monitoring centre in Cork (alarm used to be monitored). Then when credit is zero, it starts giving me the Communications fault, while if I take the SIM out I get the GSM line fault instead (I think).

Using engineer access I got to Comms menu, deleted the landlines numbers from Monitoring menu and added my mobile instead within SMS menu.

I'm hoping this will work now as I am not sure there's more settings to change. For instance I noticed in Monitoring there's Phone Account and Protocol but I didn't delete them as not sure and don't want to mess with it if I don't need to.

That makes life easier :D

Yes you need to delete these as they are what the monitoring station use and if not monitored is using your credit as you say above.
    Then go into sms menu and set up your address and the phone numbers.

altor wrote: »
    That makes life easier :D

Yes you need to delete these as they are what the monitoring station use and if not monitored is using your credit as you say above.
    Then go into sms menu and set up your address and the phone numbers.

Thanks Altor, yes that made life way more easier! I was already seeing myself spending next two years weekends trying to reprogram the zones :D

Will delete that Phone account and Protocol too then - Since Sunday though I set off the alarm a couple of times to test it and works all fine! It texted my mobile and nothing else. I watched the credit and so far so good, no dodgy call to landline numbers anymore :D

Thanks Altor, yes that made life way more easier! I was already seeing myself spending next two years weekends trying to reprogram the zones :D

Will delete that Phone account and Protocol too then - Since Sunday though I set off the alarm a couple of times to test it and works all fine! It texted my mobile and nothing else. I watched the credit and so far so good, no dodgy call to landline numbers anymore :D

Just the numbers is enough to delete.
    You have set up the text numbers in a different section.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 SOL28

Hi,

I got my HKC alarm ugraded and have the engineers code - Does anyone have the config manual for it?

Thanks

Sol

SOL28 wrote: »
    Hi,

I got my HKC alarm ugraded and have the engineers code - Does anyone have the config manual for it?

Thanks

Sol

Sorry Sol, I don't have it

altor wrote: »
    Just the numbers is enough to delete.
    You have set up the text numbers in a different section.

Hi Altor, how are you? Do you mind if I ask you another quick question on this thread please?

Alarm works fine no issue, all seems resolved, the only thing is when the alarm goes off, beside telling me just "kitchen hall" for example, always also tell me "external bell tamper" ???

Did I touch anything I shouldn't have? Is there a way to fix it? Not a major issue but bell keeps going for a bit longer after i put the code and also not sure why it tells me I tampered it when I only opened a window.

Thanks!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Your external bell is wired incorrectly.
    Did you wire this yourself?
    Can you post a pic or list the connections between the bell & the panel?

KoolKid wrote: »
    Your external bell is wired incorrectly.
    Did you wire this yourself?
    Can you post a pic or list the connections between the bell & the panel?

Hi KoolKid, no I didn't wire it myself. It was installed couple of years ago by certified installer. I decided to go self monitored but didn't want to pay €200 just for reprogramming. With some help here I managed to default the alarm and get engineering access, so I could change the numbers and everything works fine.
    I just have this "tamper bell" which I thought it was odd but I didn't touch any other settings really.
    I will try to take a picture but I need to be home and open the panel of course. Hopefully I'll look in the right place :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Is this the first time the system has activated since installed?
    It could also indicate a fault with the bell itself.

Is this the first time the system has activated since installed?
    It could also indicate a fault with the bell itself.

No in the past when it was monitored by the centre and I requested a "status" I don't recall ever receiving "tampering bell" among the events.

Now that the alarm is texting me instead, I activated it few times when I was testing if it was working and that's when I noticed it. Didn't think much of it at first but I received it again the other day and start thinking maybe I did something wrong after I defaulted the codes

So if you activate and set off the alarm now. Does the external bell take 15 minutes to stop after you disarm the alarm?

So if you activate and set off the alarm now. Does the external bell take 15 minutes to stop after you disarm the alarm?

I'm not sure... I always put the code pretty quickly to stop it. Never even thought about let it go for the 15 mins

Advertisement