Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards Draft XII - Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Hoping to get my first show up soon. Valentine's among other things derailed me recently and a game of WW may delay me this week so I need to get something up so I don't have too much to write closer to submission date.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Reminder that submissions close at midnight on Monday, March 11th. Just over two weeks to go folks.

Hope to conclude my own PPV during the week as I'm off for a few days.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Bit of a delay, should have my own PPV concluded tonight.

11 days to go till submissions close folks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'm finding it tough to get motivated to start writing. I'll probably need to wait until the deadline gets close before I'll get the jolt I need to begin.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

And I'm finally done. Must admit, hit a bit of a blockade (much like you mention above MNG) the last week or so in how to finish my show but finally got through it.

Happy with the end result, even if it's a bit of a different way to go from usual this year.

• Advertisement

I’m hoping to get my 2nd show (the last pre ppv) up over the next few days. Was a little worried everyone was struggling so happy to see discussion on the writing starting back, hopefully between that and a few shows being put up to read some others may find some motivation.

I’m hoping to get my 2nd show (the last pre ppv) up over the next few days. Was a little worried everyone was struggling so happy to see discussion on the writing starting back, hopefully between that and a few shows being put up to read some others may find some motivation.

Ditto, I got slammed with extra work the past week or so, but the haze seems to have lifted a bit so finally got some time to put pen to paper.

On the voting/awards etc, does anyone have any Slammies they'd like to see introduced? I'm all ears, I have a few new - or at least variations on standard ones from previous years - categories I'm going to introduce this year.

Mostly the new ones are related to the picking phase to hopefully give everyone a fair crack at picking up something.

Probably would have prefered to be able to break that down over a few posts because there is a lot in that last one but my builds prior to the PPV for all the matches (at least 1 match will be added though) post is up in the submissions thread. Hope I can get my PPV posts up before the deadline and hope I get some time to read others

6 days remaining folks. Hopefully we get some write ups this week, would be a shame for the draft to end on a downer like this.

If you're pushed for time even a PPV card will do, show us how you'd have booked those great looking rosters :)

I'll throw it out there since it's practically a tradition to have one at this stage...

Extension? Say, a week?

If not, I'll try and get something in.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Advertisement

No issues with an extension per se just wondering are many planning on submitting work at all tbh. Been awfully quiet the past few weeks.

But if an extension helps improve things then I can move it out to the 19th March (taking into account Paddys weekend)

No issues with an extension but it is indeed odd for only 2 people to have submitted shows with essentially zero feedback from folk 6days out from the original deadline (especially when iirc last year was stricter on extensions). Hopefully that can change now

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I personally have just been swamped with work and real life. While I have my plan in my head, finding time to begin has been my problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I'll definitely have a PPV card posted, hopefully I'll be able to flesh it out with some explanations & summaries. I struggled this year to decide on an approach as I didn't feel up to rehashing last years article format

• Registered Users Posts: 85,026 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Necro wrote: »
    Reminder that submissions close at midnight on Monday, March 11th. Just over two weeks to go folks.

Hope to conclude my own PPV during the week as I'm off for a few days.

I forgot about the end date :o, have bits written just must piece as much as possible together and finish, I hope to have the ppv up by Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Been flat out for the last two weeks. Will definitely get something up. Enjoyable submissions in already too.

Gonna extend the deadline by one week to the 18th of March for everyone's benefit.

Hopefully there's some shows posted then :)

Gonna extend the deadline by one week to the 18th of March for everyone's benefit.

I appreciate the extension Necro ;)

Glad to hear it. Hope to see more get stuff in but even as one who has some in I might struggle now with a game of WW just started and St Patrick's day next weekend. Will definitely submit some form of PPV anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

Been mental since the draft part ended; have plans in mind, just dont have time to get them on paper yet! I'll get ppv card up by next wkend, even if I dont get much chance to flesh things out as much as I would have liked

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Ruat Caelum

I also appreciate the extension! Cheers!

I supported a change from the traditional write-up model to the more stripped-down version. I think Necro and beakerjoe were calling for a rethink of the new system and I felt that was unnecessary. But having given it some thought I think they were right and I was wrong. There was more freedom in the old method of 4-5 weekly shows and then doing your PPV.

I see what beakerjoe meant now when he mentioned how challenging it is because I have a bunch of ideas that would work well under the previous format of a few years ago but are tough to implement effectively under this new system. I think you need the extra shows to let the storylines bubble away.

Don't know what other players think but I'd be open to a return to the traditional method in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I posted my PPV preview, there's a few matches that I never really got to flesh out the story behind in my head. I'll post my PPV results later hopefully but it'll be very basic

I've got 2 of my matches 7 done. Going to only do the PPV this year so no preview show.

I'll look to write the rest of it on the Bank Holiday tomorrow and hopefully post it in before midnight Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,703 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Unfortunately I've next to nothing done as yet. I've all my feuds planned out, but haven't found the time to get those ideas onto the page. However, I do have some time from Tuesday on this week, if people were agreeable to an extension until Friday or Saturday night?

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Unfortunately I've next to nothing done as yet. I've all my feuds planned out, but haven't found the time to get those ideas onto the page. However, I do have some time from Tuesday on this week, if people were agreeable to an extension until Friday or Saturday night?

I've no issue with another extension if it helps anyone

I'm hoping to get some more written up later tonight

I'd be open to another another extension as well.

Extended till Saturday 23rd March.

This will be the final extension, so those still struggling have until then to get stuff submitted.

Extended till Saturday 23rd March.

This will be the final extension, so those still struggling have until then to get stuff submitted.

Again Appreciated Necro

• Advertisement

Grapplemania is live!

For handiness, it can be read in two posts below:

Grapplemania PPV - Part I

Grapplemania PPV - Part II

Hope it proves an entertaining read.

I'm wrecked after it but I look forward to reading the other submissions from here on out.

Cheers for the extension, Necro.

Advertisement