Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some Wrestling News & Rumours 2019 Thread ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    So according to PWInsider, Gallows & Anderson are on their way out of the company when their contracts are up. Would anyone really be surprised if they left?

https://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=124717

More to the point, would anyone really miss them if they left?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

That said it did make me laugh to see Necro suggest myself and himself were one and the same.

I'm still not convinced you aren't. :shifty eyes:

Ok I'll drop my terrible joke now :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,907 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Dana Warrior joined the WWE creative team. didn't see it mentioned here. Could be a great writer for all we know but I can't see that going well online.

She could be to creative what Vickie was to on air talent.

I highly doubt it however you never know there does seem to be a huge shake up going on behind the scenes in creative at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,257 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Unless she's had a hand in a few storylines that we don't know it's a bizarre signing but I suppose to harm in balance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

While Gallows, 35 years old and Anderson, 39, had multiple meetings with WWE about their future,we have been told by three sources over the last two days that the pair have turned down “multi-million-dollar deals” from the company and intend to exit after their current deals expire.

Who's the source, Gallows and Anderson? Ha ha! I don't believe it for a second. Reminds me of Jericho in the 90s, who'd put his own fake news to hype himself; he still does it to try get the best deal he can, don't blame him Best of luck to both regardless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,775 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Who's the source, Gallows and Anderson? Ha ha! I don't believe it for a second. Reminds me of Jericho in the 90s, who'd put his own fake news to hype himself; he still does it to try get the best deal he can, don't blame him Best of luck to both regardless.

Maybe they're telling the truth

All it takes is for them to sell 3 million shirts which they probably $1 from each, and there's your million dollar deal

$500k a year each on 3/5 year contracts is indeed a multi million dollar contract.

They would easily pull a $500k a year contract each.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,257 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I'd be surprised if Anderson didn't have the same attitude as AJ at this stage. If WWE want to keep him that's a win win for him and his family. Then again I imagine Anderson wouldn't have the same negotiating pull as AJ when it comes to dates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

Perhaps WWE are doing away with the Warrior Award at the HOF and felt obliged to give Dana Warrior some kind of role to soften the blow, so they threw her in creative.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

They would easily pull a $500k a year contract each.

If that's true, WWE are overpaying by at least $300,000. They seem like nice, funny dudes, but I don't see how they affect ratings, house show attendance and their own merchandise in the slightest. Where are these phantom fans that paid to see Gallows & Anderson?

• Advertisement

jaykhunter wrote: »
    If that's true, WWE are overpaying by at least $300,000. They seem like nice, funny dudes, but I don't see how they affect ratings, house show attendance and their own merchandise in the slightest. Where are these phantom fans that paid to see Gallows & Anderson?

Getting them to jump from NJPW with what I would have guessed was the idea to start the Balor Club would have given them a nice shiny contract with merch sales added in I could easily see them getting $500k a year.

The Balor Club not kicking off isn’t on them.

Both could jump to AEW or NJPW and get a lighter schedule on pretty much the same kind of money.

Getting them to jump from NJPW with what I would have guessed was the idea to start the Balor Club would have given them a nice shiny contract with merch sales added in I could easily see them getting $500k a year.

The Balor Club not kicking off isn’t on them.

Both could jump to AEW or NJPW and get a lighter schedule on pretty much the same kind of money.

Eh... it kind of is, they've kept them seperate (Balor & Gallows/Anderson) for more than half their run.

Balor spent ages in NXT then came up and they were both on RAW but Balor got injured.

Then Gallows and Anderson were bizarrely traded to Smackdown when it looked a possibility.

I cannot understand why they keep Finn on RAW, he'd be far better off on Smackdown with Bryan and Styles and Gallows/Anderson. There's so much to work with there.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'd wonder if Finn would play into the situation, and maybe they were offering G&A the cash so as to avoid them going to AEW, flaunting it to Finn and luring him there.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I'd wonder if Finn would play into the situation, and maybe they were offering G&A the cash so as to avoid them going to AEW, flaunting it to Finn and luring him there.

Can't see Finn leaving, he's not worked out as well as was probably expected but they're clearly still high on him with the I/C title reign and the match VS Lesnar.

His mic skills hold him back a lot, but that's a common problem for most faces in WWE at present.

A heel run and switch to Smackdown could do him wonders imo. I'd love to see him VS Bryan.

I can't imagine Balor leaving, he's in a very comfortable position there and someone they can count on

Could genuinely see Styles leaving, he's only 3 years in WWE but for the first 15 years of his career he was used to a different schedule like he had with TNA or NJPW and the indies, plus with a family at home he has more reason to either take a chance with AEW or comparable money for less dates, Balor has no family ties so he's much more likely to stay imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,494 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

There was talk of Styles wanting to retire after this Mania, but that talk was from nearly a year ago and they don’t seem to be setting up an exit for him. Hard to know what his next move is, but I don’t see him hanging around in WWE past WrestleMania 36 anyway, if he’s not gone sooner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Could be wrong here, but pretty sure I read AJ is one of the best paid guys in the company. He has always been booked very strongly so creatively he should be relatively content. Maybe a reduced schedule and an extra few quid will keep him happy.

Of all the guys there, I'd love for Styles to be given the HBK treatment

Putting on top matches every Mania, not being around for 3/4 months of the year, very little house tours

Basically what Orton is getting now, except Styles would make it work

Necro wrote: »
    Eh... it kind of is, they've kept them seperate (Balor & Gallows/Anderson) for more than half their run.

Balor spent ages in NXT then came up and they were both on RAW but Balor got injured.

Then Gallows and Anderson were bizarrely traded to Smackdown when it looked a possibility.

I cannot understand why they keep Finn on RAW, he'd be far better off on Smackdown with Bryan and Styles and Gallows/Anderson. There's so much to work with there.

The Balor Club not kicking off isn’t on Gallows and Anderson it is on the WWE.

The Balor Club not kicking off isn’t on Gallows and Anderson it is on the WWE.

:o

Sorry, I misread your post, thought it was the other way round you were referring to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

martyos121 wrote: »
    There was talk of Styles wanting to retire after this Mania, but that talk was from nearly a year ago and they don’t seem to be setting up an exit for him. Hard to know what his next move is, but I don’t see him hanging around in WWE past WrestleMania 36 anyway, if he’s not gone sooner.

No chance of this. First run in his entire career he's earned real money. I expect him to work maybe 70% of the schedule on his new deal, for more money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Monokne wrote: »
    No chance of this. First run in his entire career he's earned real money. I expect him to work maybe 70% of the schedule on his new deal, for more money.

Agreed.

He's at the stage where money is his main concern and tbf he rarely works with scrubs and is well protected. Its a lovely life he has atm.

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Agreed.

He's at the stage where money is his main concern and tbf he rarely works with scrubs and is well protected. Its a lovely life he has atm.

Really is.

He was my favourite wrestler for years and I never thought he would get to WWE, and when he did, I never thought he would get the big run he has. A testament to his talent and personality.

Monokne wrote: »
    Really is.

He was my favourite wrestler for years and I never thought he would get to WWE, and when he did, I never thought he would get the big run he has. A testament to his talent and personality.

Every time he’s in any feud, all I or anyone else can say or think is imagine saying this about Styles x years ago

Its so true though, his WWE run would have been unrealisitic fanfiction even in 2013

Agreed. Mad.

Robbie E signed with the WWE today.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Robbie E signed with the WWE today.
    I remember him being TNA's Zack Ryder years ago, which for me wasn't necessarily a bad thing as he was funny enough, like Zack, to make it work

Curious signing. He's 35, has been available for years, never shown the ability to get over as a star, and is hardly the kind of guy AEW or ROH would build around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭Pentecost

They’ve signed Stokely Hathaway too. I’ve only seen little bits of him but every time I have seen him he’s been a charismatic manager. Wonder if that’s what they have in mind for him mainly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

According to Sean Ross Sapp, WWE & Eminem have come to an agreement for an appearance & soundtrack work on WWE 2K20.
    Fightful Select reported this afternoon that WWE and recording artist-actor and overall megastar Eminem have reached a deal that will see the platinum-selling rapper contribute to the soundtrack of WWE 2K20 later this year. Beyond soundtrack work, we're told there's also an agreement for Eminem to appear on an episode of WWE Smackdown later this year.

https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/exclusives/exclusive-eminem-and-wwe-reach-deal-appearance-soundtrack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

i wonder if we all actually liked the product what the stock would be at. $93 dollars is healthy for vinnie macs pockets

https://www.google.com/search?q=wwe+stock&rlz=1C1GCEA_enIE831IE831&oq=wwe+stock&aqs=chrome..69i57.3418j0j1&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

According to Meltzer, AJ Styles will sign a new deal with WWE or possibly has already. His current contract is up in April.

Seems like a good decision, he’s a top guy now in WWE so the lure of AEW isn’t as strong for him.

I hope he got that reduced schedule he was after, he doesn't strike me as someone who's too money driven so I hope he got the caveat of reduced schedule rather than just a bumper wage increase if it sees him burn out over the next couple years

I hope he got that reduced schedule he was after, he doesn't strike me as someone who's too money driven so I hope he got the caveat of reduced schedule rather than just a bumper wage increase if it sees him burn out over the next couple years

As mentioned by someone here previously, the Orton schedule would suit him perfectly. Even a lighter schedule than that could work, it’s easy to take for granted how good he really is. A few big programmes a year building up to the major PPVs would be ideal from a fan’s perspective IMO. Certainly did HBK no harm in the latter stages of his career, every match of his seemed like a big deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

It’s official now love the way he said it

https://twitter.com/ajstylesorg/status/1107725115599540225?s=21

• Advertisement

I really hope we can see him have all the dream matches left in WWE

Rollins, McIntyre, Zayn and all the others he hasn't had much time with

Reigns, Lesnar and Balor again would be very interesting too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

So they've gone and shortened Mustafa Ali's name to Ali. It's seriously such a weird hang-up they have. Odd as fuck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Omackeral wrote: »
    So they've gone and shortened Mustafa Ali's name to Ali. It's seriously such a weird hang-up they have. Odd as fuck.

When have they got it wrong though, in fairness? None of us are lamenting Antonio Cesaro, Big E Langston etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

leggo wrote: »
    When have they got it wrong though, in fairness? None of us are lamenting Antonio Cesaro, Big E Langston etc.

I miss Andrade Cien Almas.

They're at least sort of memorable on their own, the ones you've named

Andrade instead of his full name is awful, as is Ali

Neither of those will come up as the WWE guys in the first few results or pages in google, other shortenings such as Rusev are at least unique enough names

Elias Samson is another needless shortening

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

They're at least sort of memorable on their own, the ones you've named

Andrade instead of his full name is awful, as is Ali

Neither of those will come up as the WWE guys in the first few results or pages in google, other shortenings such as Rusev are at least unique enough names

Elias Samson is another needless shortening

WWE doesn’t stand for Walk With Elias Samson though?

The problems people have are the ones that are new and they’re not used to. The ones people like are the ones that we’re used to. People moaned about literally every single one you cited as a good example too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

leggo wrote:

Mustafa Ali suits a Muslim character more than Ali does. You wouldn't have to guess twice hearing his name, just Ali sounds like he's a 2005 Diva.
    Plus when people hear the word Ali they ain't thinking about anyone bar 1 guy

The problems people have are the ones that are new and they’re not used to. The ones people like are the ones that we’re used to. People moaned about literally every single one you cited as a good example too.

Just because we're used to them doesn't mean dropping them is a poor decision or pointless

Jericho instead of Chris Jericho, Austin instead of Steve Austin, still distintive names but the sort of decision WWE of today would make with the late 90s roster

It's just utterly pointless

The only one I'd want to see is Umaga's old manager, Armando Alejandro Estrrrrrrrrrada changed to any of the 3, he's managing a nephew of Umaga's so who knows we could see Armando soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,310 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

ERG89 wrote: »
    Mustafa Ali suits a Muslim character more than Ali does. You wouldn't have to guess twice hearing his name, just Ali sounds like he's a 2005 Diva.

Or a modern Knockout
    Allie.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,224 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Looking forward to Undisputed Era being called up and hearing "Adam Baybay!"

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I hope they rehire Alberto Del Rio and just call him Rio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,310 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

They'd have to go by their last names so their logo still makes sense. "Coming to the ring being accompanied by Fish, Strong and O'Reilly, Cole". Get in position, hands up and wait a beat before saying "Cole baybay". This is followed by the newly singularly named Michael on commentary so there's no confusion

J. Marston wrote:
    Looking forward to Undisputed Era being called up and hearing "Adam Baybay!"

It's Adam as we already have a Cole, Rod as he's too small to be named Strong, Bob as we already got Lashley and Vince hates the smell of fish & Kylie as Vince doesn't like guys with Irish sounding surnames except Hogan but thinks Kyle isn't menacing enough.

Loughc wrote:
    I hope they rehire Alberto Del Rio and just call him Rio.

I want Kevin Nash on commentary to sing Duran Duran if that happens.

I've always felt Dave Batista's career was ruined losing his first name. :rolleyes:

The phenomenon of fans online moaning about wrestlers losing half their name is one of those things that you know if you work in WWE, you cite as proof that your fans will literally complain about anything, which in turns allows you rationalise legitimate complaints that are made.

As a well known grappler once said, IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOUR NAME IS!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement