Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can you naturally increase your average testosterone level by doing this?

• 02-08-2018 7:23pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 216 ✭✭

So after ejaculating, it seems men go through roughly an 8-day cycle where you will continually get more horny up until about Day 6, and then you will get really horny through Day 6 and Day 7. However, regardless of whether or not you ejaculate by the end of Day 7, your testosterone levels will drop dramatically and then level out until you finally decide to ejaculate later.

What the below image shows is well documented, and seems to be mainly provided for the sake of men timing their masturbation habits around their sex lives for the sake lasting longer in bed. But I've never heard anyone questioning any other possible benefits to timing when you jerk off!

What I'm interested in, is whether one can take advantage of this knowledge in order to have a higher overall testosterone level throughout one's life. If you could, then you'd be more likely to age better. Also, you wouldn't have to worry about the risks that the likes of HRT users might be concerned about.

As for me myself, I've been told Ihaven't aged since I was 18. That's bit of an exaggeration, but if figure seeing as I'm ageing slowing (visibly), why not do a Dorian Grey on it all together. So to do that, I may need to jerk off less.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭verycool

Yes... this information looks like it's been published academically and peer reviewed by at least three leading professionals in the area of sexpertise.

What I'm interested in, is whether one can take advantage of this knowledge in order to have a higher overall testosterone level throughout one's life. If you could, then you'd be more likely to age better. Also, you wouldn't have to worry about the risks that the likes of HRT users might be concerned about.

Higher testosterone doesn't equate with aging better. If anything, men with lower levels of testosterone live longer, and have less health problems. Testosterone bears other benefits, but aging isn't one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Road-Hog

Higher testosterone doesn't equate with aging better. If anything, men with lower levels of testosterone live longer, and have less health problems. Testosterone bears other benefits, but aging isn't one of them.

OP I think you are way over anaysising things and getting way too scientific....obsessed with timing your ‘jacking off’ so as to prolong your life.......there are definitely other persuits in life that have a lot more benefits to longevity.......

One would want to have very little going on in their life to have time to be thinking about the best time to ‘whack off’......and it could lead to q’s in work/public men’s toilets etc as guys want to get their ‘loaded gun’ in prime condition before they go home to their significant other....!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

That's completely contrary to years of research. Lower levels of testosterone in men bring a host of physical and mental problems including more signs of ageing and shorter life expectancies. Optimal healthy levels of test throughout life strongly influence health and longevity.

One area where higher testosterone was implicated was in prostate health, particularly prostate cancer. However more recent studies have found flaws in the link and as usual it's more complex than that. Yes testosterone seriously revs up existing cancerous tissue, but men who had optimum levels throughout life had a lower risk of developing it in the first place. Men who had more regular sex and more orgasms throughout their lives also had noticeably lower risks. So remember lads shagging and **** saves lives. :D Would stop short of using it as a chat up line mind you... ;)

Another area where it might impact longevity is testosterone can drive more aggressive risk taking tendencies, so high test guys are more likely to do things that could injure or kill them.

As for raising lowering it via fiddling with yourself? Life is too short. Though this seems to yet another imported US nonsense, the whole "No Fap" thing among certain men's interwebs groups. Pure Bro Science(tm) and should be regarded as such IMHO.

You want to optimise testosterone levels? Eat healthily(try to avoid pseudo oestrogens). Avoid too much alcohol, apparently beer being the worst for it(the hops content IIRC). Get regular exercise, particularly lifting heavy things. Compound weightlifting that hits your largest muscle groups(also promotes human growth hormone). Keep body fat as low as is comfortable, but not too low. Get regular quality sleep. Lower your stress levels. Shag as much as you can. :D Job done.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 216 ✭✭Resverathrole

verycool wrote: »
    Yes... this information looks like it's been published academically and peer reviewed by at least three leading professionals in the area of sexpertise.
    I know what's in the graph has been peer reviewed, but is my question about it correct?

• Advertisement

Wibbs wrote: »
    You want to optimise testosterone levels? Eat healthily(try to avoid pseudo oestrogens). Avoid too much alcohol, apparently beer being the worst for it(the hops content IIRC). Get regular exercise, particularly lifting heavy things. Compound weightlifting that hits your largest muscle groups(also promotes human growth hormone). Keep body fat as low as is comfortable, but not too low. Get regular quality sleep. Lower your stress levels. Shag as much as you can. :D Job done.
    If life wasn't "too short" though, then the graph suggests that if jerked off every 5 days or so, as opposed to every day, then you'll have higher test levels.

Job done?

Wibbs says you're just being obtuse. I want to know more about that... maybe even where you read it.

Road-Hog wrote: »
    there are definitely other persuits in life that have a lot more benefits to longevity....
    I've done them all kiddo. I just want to be sure that I stay around to see my great grand son who's on the way, so that I can tell him how often to jerk off. So I need all the chance I can get. Now are you in, or are you out?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Wibbs says you're just being obtuse.
    Nope, I did not. Or maybe you're not sure what obtuse means? I simply said what he said is not backed up by research, or at least any I've read.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Wibbs says you're just being obtuse. I want to know more about that... maybe even where you read it.

Nah. I'm not clued into the scientific or medical research about all this. I'm simply going by my own experiences of having low testosterone levels. I look younger than most men my age, and in spite of a unhealthy lifestyle, I'm in good health. Some of that would be DNA, although my own doctors have suggested to me that it's due to the lower testosterone in my body.

So, I acknowledge I'm not going by any scientific research on the topic. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,084 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Getting additional sleep is one of the most natural ways to increase your natural testosterone levels.

Testosterone is an amazing hormone and one that has so many effects in the body and the effects can vary depending on the individual(inc. women who have some of their own, though too much can come from conditions like PCOS and cause serious issues). Some men are more sensitive to it and the similar hormone dihydrotestosterone(DHT), which can have even more effects. DHT being the one that causes male pattern baldness and pimples in susceptible men.

On the visible ageing front - and this is just me shooting the breeze here - I would be more in the camp that optimum levels of test would lead to reduced signs of ageing. EG Testosterone builds lean tissue and burns fat, so "middle age spread" would be less likely. It influences insulin resistance in a positive way. Low test men are more susceptible to type 2 diabetes and diabetes ages you from the inside out. It also increases bone density(with a bit of to and fro with oestrogens). It is more collagen friendly and thickens the skin. The irony being that women are more judged for wrinkles than men, but men are less likely to get them at a younger age(sun exposure notwithstanding, which is a bigger factor, though a majority of damage is done before 20 apparently).

I'm the other side of the coin to you Klaz, having been diagnosed in my late twenties with elevated levels of testosterone. I can't remember the measurement criteria but I do remember the numbers involved. My doc told me 500- 600 whatevers per whatever was considered "normal" and I was chucking out figures well over a 1000(still was at 37 when I was last tested). And this is a perfect example of how individuals differ. The same doc when reading my results got a fit of the giggles. He apologised for being unprofessional, but my reply was "Look Jim(not his real name) when your doctor starts laughing while reading out your test results this is a very bloody good thing" :D The reason for his laughter was, well... me. I'm thin(not scrawny, but not built), my facial hair grows at a snails pace, not bald and hardly a "He man", but with test levels that would raise questions even on the Tour De France. ;)

Hormonal stuff is very complex, with all sorts of interactions in the dance of those hormones, people differ and one size doesn't fit all. The problem can be when BroScience™ kicks in, as it often does on this subject(the "Paleo diet" another example). The more is better thing kicks in. Especially with something like testosterone that is so linked to "maleness". It seems to make sense that more equals more maleness.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Do they check testosterone levels on an ordinary blood test? Just wondering how people get diagnosed with this? Presumably if you go looking for a testosterone check you will have already had an idea that your levels are too low, too high etc anyway and it will be something of a self fulfilling prophecy

It is more collagen friendly and thickens the skin.
    That's the important bit. If I jerk off less often, I may have better skin.
    Some men are more sensitive to it and the similar hormone dihydrotestosterone(DHT), which can have even more effects. DHT being the one that causes male pattern baldness and pimples in susceptible men.
    I get lots of acne

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

I think what I'm taking from this thread is that coupled with recent studies showing drinking alcohol reduces the risk of dementia I'm gonna have a great time of it when I'm older.

fritzelly wrote: »
    I think what I'm taking from this thread is that coupled with recent studies showing drinking alcohol reduces the risk of dementia I'm gonna have a great time of it when I'm older.

You can find a study to support just about any kind of lifestyle choice, and then, a few others who will say otherwise. Studies come out every few years claiming all manner of things.

It's like the studies into the health benefits of drinking wine. A glass a day or a few a week helps your health. Great. How much is a glass? I have a glass that requires a full bottle to fill halfway. Awesome. How does my own particular DNA and blood chemistry affect this? Ahh.. well, there was this study...

In my experience, those with the best lifestyles, are those who approach everything in moderation, and being very careful with their intake of stress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

You can find a study to support just about any kind of lifestyle choice, and then, a few others who will say otherwise. Studies come out every few years claiming all manner of things.

It's like the studies into the health benefits of drinking wine. A glass a day or a few a week helps your health. Great. How much is a glass? I have a glass that requires a full bottle to fill halfway. Awesome. How does my own particular DNA and blood chemistry affect this? Ahh.. well, there was this study...

In my experience, those with the best lifestyles, are those who approach everything in moderation, and being very careful with their intake of stress.

Debbie downer - back on to the alcohol free beer that gives me a worse hangover

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭ittakestwo

OP I would have thought higher testosterone levels would not make you last as long in bed tho would give you a better erection.

If you are just looking to improve your erections try doing squats. I have always been into running and would have very good fitness levels but last year I took up squats at the gym. Worked up to squatting over my weight for 8 reps. As I trained I undoubtedly got stronger erections.

I have read that building up muscle in legs will improve testosterone.

But yet if you were to fap in moderation, then you'd probably find that you're effectively doing what the graph recommends!

although my own doctors have suggested to me that it's due to the lower testosterone in my body.
    :D
    I'd like to get a hold of those doctors!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Cyclepath

On the basis of that research, I should have very low testosterone. I um... self pleasure on a regular basis. I don't think I've gone more than two days since the age of 12.

Even though I'm in relationship where sex is pretty much as the mood strikes, I still manage to fit in the faps between sessions (sometimes twice a day if the wife is away).

I'm in my 50s and I'm regularly told I look 10 years younger (this may be DNA as all my siblings are ageing well).

A recent blood test as part of a prostate health check indicated a very healthy testosterone level. So, no 'manopause' on the horizon ;-)

I really think you need to take these studies with a pinch of salt!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Pug160

I think the premature aging misconception might come from some people associating testosterone with musclebound gym junkie types. Some of those men do seem to age much faster than the average man, but that could be due to drug use and sunbed use and goodness knows what else. I'm not too sure if testosterone is some sort of panacea but it would be foolish to dismiss its importance. I must say, I haven't done too much reading on it recently but I remember it being a topic I was curious about in the past. I recall thinking that black men must have had (in general) more testosterone than other races but when I looked it up it appeared that the levels weren't that much higher, although as is often the case, different studies tend to vary. Vitamin D seems to play an important role so I'm assuming men in sunnier climates have an advantage in that regard. As with almost everything else, genetics would surely play some role in it.

It can be a somewhat confusing topic for some people due to the human body's complexity. Some people who are sensitive to Dihydrotestosterone (DHT) are probably seen as more manly in some respects but I'm sure there is probably a great deal of variation in testosterone levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Western Lowland Gorilla

Do they check testosterone levels on an ordinary blood test? Just wondering how people get diagnosed with this? Presumably if you go looking for a testosterone check you will have already had an idea that your levels are too low, too high etc anyway and it will be something of a self fulfilling prophecy

You can get it checked via post using the letsget checked website .. They do all kinds of blood tests.

Pug160 wrote: »
    I think the premature aging misconception might come from some people associating testosterone with musclebound gym junkie types. Some of those men do seem to age much faster than the average man, but that could be due to drug use and sunbed use and goodness knows what else. I'm not too sure if testosterone is some sort of panacea but it would be foolish to dismiss its importance. I must say, I haven't done too much reading on it recently but I remember it being a topic I was curious about in the past. I recall thinking that black men must have had (in general) more testosterone than other races but when I looked it up it appeared that the levels weren't that much higher, although as is often the case, different studies tend to vary. Vitamin D seems to play an important role so I'm assuming men in sunnier climates have an advantage in that regard. As with almost everything else, genetics would surely play some role in it.

It can be a somewhat confusing topic for some people due to the human body's complexity. Some people who are sensitive to Dihydrotestosterone (DHT) are probably seen as more manly in some respects but I'm sure there is probably a great deal of variation in testosterone levels.
    From my point of view it seems like the natural conclusion to draw from observation such a chart. But my question seems to be very much undermined.

Did you think that black would have higher T because they appear to age slower?

From my point of view it seems like the natural conclusion to draw from observation such a chart. But my question seems to be very much undermined.

Not really. It's just very noticeable that they have a lot of masculine traits (in general), so a lot of people are going to make certain assumptions. But, as previously stated, things are not always as simple as they seem. At least part of the reason dark skin doesn't age as quickly is the higher levels of (tightly packed) melanin. This gives it a higher degree of protection. But I don't know a great deal beyond that.

Black people seem to have a lot of traits that stand out more (despite the fact that humans have far more in common than we have differences). Even the frequency of their voices seems to be somewhat unique, to the point where I can often tell just by listening and not looking. There are many exceptions of course. But there is a long list of many differences. It's just interesting.

Not really. It's just very noticeable that they have a lot of masculine traits (in general), so a lot of people are going to make certain assumptions. But, as previously stated, things are not always as simple as they seem. At least part of the reason dark skin doesn't age as quickly is the higher levels of (tightly packed) melanin. This gives it a higher degree of protection. But I don't know a great deal beyond that.

Black people seem to have a lot of traits that stand out more (despite the fact that humans have far more in common than we have differences). Even the frequency of their voices seems to be somewhat unique, to the point where I can often tell just by listening and not looking. There are many exceptions of course. But there is a long list of many differences. It's just interesting.

It is interesting, because from living in Asia, I would have thought that (comparatively speaking depending on lifestyle) that Asian people tend to age far better than westerners or those of African heritage. I've also spent time traveling in parts of North and East Africa, and I wouldn't consider African people to age particularly well. Their youth is far more obvious though when they're young, as is their masculinity/femininity (again more to do with culture).. However, it's more common to see it in the women in Asia than the men, and I'd suggest that the lifestyle, culture and work "ethic" play huge factors in all of this. DNA is definitely a factor, but in the last ten years, I've seen the quality of skin, and the general health drop drastically in China, and Korea, due to the more widespread acceptance of "fast food", and pollution.

I know a variety of Asian women who are in their 40s/50s and look to be in their late 20s. Doesn't seem to be particularly uncommon there, although the changes in lifestyle seem to be changing that. Still, when 'they' reach their 60's, their appearance gets old really fast, in comparison to the slow aging previously.

Then again, the comparison with those from the countryside (more poverty, less education, health etc), and a 20 year old can easily look 50. I've found that to be the case in many countries. Hard life.

It is interesting, because from living in Asia, I would have thought that (comparatively speaking depending on lifestyle) that Asian people tend to age far better than westerners or those of African heritage. I've also spent time traveling in parts of North and East Africa, and I wouldn't consider African people to age particularly well. Their youth is far more obvious though when they're young, as is their masculinity/femininity (again more to do with culture).. However, it's more common to see it in the women in Asia than the men, and I'd suggest that the lifestyle, culture and work "ethic" play huge factors in all of this. DNA is definitely a factor, but in the last ten years, I've seen the quality of skin, and the general health drop drastically in China, and Korea, due to the more widespread acceptance of "fast food", and pollution.

I know a variety of Asian women who are in their 40s/50s and look to be in their late 20s. Doesn't seem to be particularly uncommon there, although the changes in lifestyle seem to be changing that. Still, when 'they' reach their 60's, their appearance gets old really fast, in comparison to the slow aging previously.

Then again, the comparison with those from the countryside (more poverty, less education, health etc), and a 20 year old can easily look 50. I've found that to be the case in many countries. Hard life.

Black people definitely have less wrinkles on average. You probably just noticed a lot of ''mature'' looking people. It's possible to look older than your age even if you have no wrinkles, though that may be a strange concept for some people. Not mutually exclusive comes to mind.

It's hard to give examples without using a celebrity. But take someone like Eddie Murphy. He had a ''mature'' look about him at a young age, but as he got older he didn't really change a lot. Celebrities are more inclined to have cosmetic procedures (which has to be taken into account), but that goes without saying. Even so, it's something I've noticed. Also, there is a theory that black men generally reach their physical (athletic) peak at an earlier age, although there is no evidence that I know of to support it, so it's only worth being taken with a pinch of salt.

Anyway, as for the thread topic itself: I never really took much interest in this whole obsession some people have with how much they masturbate. I can see the logic in some of it, such as higher motivation, but it really boils down to personal preferences. I have to say, it seems to be a topic that has lingered for quite some time. I know there are other more obscure theories like testicle massages, which don't seem to get mentioned too often (although there are plenty of websites and some anecdotal evidence of its efficacy). I think I remember reading about some members of an Olympic team (or an athletic team of some sort) ''ball squeezing'' which sounds both painful and downright dangerous. At least the more gentle massage has the benefit of potentially detecting testicular cancer if nothing else.

Anyway, as for the thread topic itself: I never really took much interest in this whole obsession some people have with how much they masturbate. I can see the logic in some of it, such as higher motivation, but it really boils down to personal preferences. I have to say, it seems to be a topic that has lingered for quite some time. I know there are other more obscure theories like testicle massages, which don't seem to get mentioned too often (although there are plenty of websites and some anecdotal evidence of its efficacy). I think I remember reading about some members of an Olympic team (or an athletic team of some sort) ''ball squeezing'' which sounds both painful and downright dangerous. At least the more gentle massage has the benefit of potentially detecting testicular cancer if nothing else.

It's a relatively common aspect of getting a massage in China. And no, I'm not talking about the happy ending services. :D

• Advertisement

Almost nothing to do with it R. It's nearly all down to having built in sun protection. Other than the wear and tear of ageing itself and bad lifestyle choices the main factor for skin ageing is sun exposure. This widely seen image from a few years back of a truck driver in the US, where the left side of his face being on the window side(Left hand drive) showed the difference that that UV exposure makes.

trucker-face.jpg

Composite images of the less exposed side versus the more exposed side illustrates it.

VaZ6L.jpg

Another example.

UVA-Sun-Damage.jpg

Now that was extra UV exposure on top of their background levels. And through a window and glass filters a bit of the UV.

African and Asian folks are more protected than those of European ancestry, so their skin ages more slowly. Even very pale Asians have a different set of genes to Europeans that give rise to lighter skin, but still have more built in resistance, so again they tend to show slower skin ageing(and less skin cancer. About the same risk as Africans). By comparison Europeans got the crappy gene mutations.

Other factors such as diet have an influence. EG those who eat more tomatoes (and ingest more lycopene) and those who eat more foods containing beta carotene gives more UV protection. Now where testosterone is an advantage is in the thicker skin, with less subcutaneous fat and more collagen that's in men compared to women. Men also tend to have more human growth hormone. Women's skin being thinner and with their more variable hormonal levels, levels which taper off much earlier than men's tend to age in the skin more quickly all things being equal. On the other hand women tend to live longer and more healthily than men, so there's that.
    Pug160 wrote:
    It's possible to look older than your age even if you have no wrinkles, though that may be a strange concept for some people. Not mutually exclusive comes to mind.
    +1. I have no wrinkles at 50, no crows feet, furrowed brow, or any of that and the old back of the hand test for skin elasticity is closer to a 30 year old than a 50 year old, but I still look my age. I might look OK for my age and less fecked than others, but I'm not gonna be mistaken for a 30 year old. :D No matter how wrinkly he is. Though I would say my greying hair doesn't help there. If I hit the old grecian 2000 or whatever I reckon I could probably knock five odd years off my perceived age, maybe ten, if someone was at a distance. And myopic. :D

I have noticed how people physically move can be ageing. Take breaking into a run. If you can't that's ageing anyway. If you can, how someone runs can be indicative. Young fit men when they break into a run lean into it, their head and upper body and arms are to the fore. Middle aged and older men tend to run in far more upright a manner, and more cautiously. Their upper body doesn't lead. They look stiff and afraid of falling over themselves. This goes double if they're carrying any extra belly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 36 Leo Fatkar

That's completely contrary to years of research. Lower levels of testosterone in men bring a host of physical and mental problems including more signs of ageing and shorter life expectancies. Optimal healthy levels of test throughout life strongly influence health and longevity.

One area where higher testosterone was implicated was in prostate health, particularly prostate cancer. However more recent studies have found flaws in the link and as usual it's more complex than that. Yes testosterone seriously revs up existing cancerous tissue, but men who had optimum levels throughout life had a lower risk of developing it in the first place. Men who had more regular sex and more orgasms throughout their lives also had noticeably lower risks. So remember lads shagging and **** saves lives. :D Would stop short of using it as a chat up line mind you... ;)

Another area where it might impact longevity is testosterone can drive more aggressive risk taking tendencies, so high test guys are more likely to do things that could injure or kill them.

As for raising lowering it via fiddling with yourself? Life is too short. Though this seems to yet another imported US nonsense, the whole "No Fap" thing among certain men's interwebs groups. Pure Bro Science(tm) and should be regarded as such IMHO.

Why are you avoiding the obvious. The graph is not implying any of that "no fap" stuff. It can't be, because there is a drop in testosterone after 7 days. It's merely implying that if one leaves a few days between masturbating, their testosterone will increase. Now if you're saying the research is false, then fair enough. But you don't seem to be saying it's false. I wouldn't be surprised, as most forms of pleasure in life that are too good to be true have some sort of price. One should not be whacking it two to three times a day. I keep it to no more than 3 times a week myself.

Now other posters are saying that there are not any benefits to higher T levels. However you are saying there are benefits to higher T, but yet you're shunning how the OP has put two and two together. You're saying to jerk as often as you want in order to get higher T levels. Do you disagree with this research?

Leo Fatkar wrote: »
    Do you disagree with this research?
    The "research" is dubious. I'd prefer to see actual peer reviewed results involving the test levels of a larger cohort of men over time. Secondly there's a bit of a difference between pulling the skeleton outa yourself "two to three times a day" and a few times a week. The former would suggest a mental/physical issue and test levels should be the least concern.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,666 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

I doubt there is any magic bullet out there, eat well, sleep well, be fit and be sceptical about supplements or "5 foods to boost your T levels". In passing somewhere it was mentioned that flirting with girls increases your Testosterone , I havnt checked the veracity of this but it might indicate in a more general sense that your mindset might come into play in some way.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Secondly there's a bit of a difference between pulling the skeleton outa yourself "two to three times a day" and a few times a week. The former would suggest a mental/physical issue and test levels should be the least concern.

You judging me ???? :eek:

:D

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

silverharp wrote: »
    I doubt there is any magic bullet out there, eat well, sleep well, be fit and be sceptical about supplements or "5 foods to boost your T levels". In passing somewhere it was mentioned that flirting with girls increases your Testosterone , I havnt checked the veracity of this but it might indicate in a more general sense that your mindset might come into play in some way.
    I don't think the OP was suggesting it was a magic bullet, perhaps just another step.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭dinorebel

I had to take Testogel for a few years but have been off it for about 5yrs had blood tests done recently and asked for Test to be tested as I thought it may be low again turns out it was on the high side of normal was pretty happy till the Dr said it's probably down to extra weight talk about bubbles being burst.

dinorebel wrote: »
    turns out it was on the high side of normal was pretty happy till the Dr said it's probably down to extra weight
    Good to hear you're on the mend D, but I have always heard/read that extra weight lowers testosterone? It's a fat soluble hormone so more gets locked up in fat tissue so less is in the blood and it's covnverted into oestrogen in fat tissue. In very simplistic terms muscle tissue promotes test, while fat tissue promotes oestrogen.

What do you reckon helped bring it up D? Lifestyle changes and the like?

dinorebel wrote: »
    I had to take Testogel for a few years but have been off it for about 5yrs had blood tests done recently and asked for Test to be tested as I thought it may be low again turns out it was on the high side of normal was pretty happy till the Dr said it's probably down to extra weight talk about bubbles being burst.
    What brought on the extra weight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Leo Fatkar wrote: »
    What brought on the extra weight?
    Food and beer:D

I need a double hip replacement so exercising is a bit of a struggle at the moment.

Advertisement