Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clamped Illegally

Options
  • 15-03-2019 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi.

I recently woke up to find my car was clamped illegally by clamping company in my estate. My permit was on display yet was clamped. I had to pay to get it removed and told to appeal to which they said they have a number of weeks to review which by law is true.

I told them I want compensation for the hassle, distress late for work, embarrasment in front of neighbours. They agreed to refund me but won't entertain compensation. I'm livid they can
    Illegally clamp me and expect me to be happy to get my money back.

I rang 6 solicitors and 1 got back and she said I had no case effectively as I have to show i had a monetary loss which i don't because i worked the time i missed in work.
    Now i am fuming as apparently this company can do what they want and I got to just take it with effectively no recourse.

Is this the really the case? Can anybody offer advice on how to proceed?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

You've been told by a solicitor that you have no recourse - are you specifically hoping some randomer on the internet tells you you do so you can believe them instead? The other 5 likely ignored you as a crank tbh.

You have no recourse.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭nuac

Mod
    As L1011 says.
    Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement