Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Buying bet365

Options
  • 19-03-2019 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,320 ✭✭✭

Anyone ever buy a bet365 account online?

Lost mine recently. Think it was from Saturday night. At half time in Kerry v Mayo, Bet365 had the handicap at 4.5 in favour of Kerry in spite of the score being 07 - 04 and Mayo having the benefit of a massive wind in the 2nd half.

Mayo +2.5 was a ridiculous price of 12/5 at the time so lumped on. Account was restricted yesterday morning. Very frustrating - not my fault their asshole trader wasn't watching the game.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭The Rooster

robbiezero wrote: »
    Anyone ever buy a bet365 account online?

Lost mine recently. Think it was from Saturday night. At half time in Kerry v Mayo, Bet365 had the handicap at 4.5 in favour of Kerry in spite of the score being 07 - 04 and Mayo having the benefit of a massive wind in the 2nd half.

Mayo +2.5 was a ridiculous price of 12/5 at the time so lumped on. Account was restricted yesterday morning. Very frustrating - not my fault their asshole trader wasn't watching the game.
    Out of interest, how much was ‘lumped on’?

I got restricted on 365 too, but couldn’t figure out what exactly I did to “earn” it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,320 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Out of interest, how much was ‘lumped on’?

I got restricted on 365 too, but couldn’t figure out what exactly I did to “earn” it.

About 3 or 4 hundred I guess, split between +6.5, +4.5 and +2.5.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭The Rooster

About 3 or 4 hundred I guess, split between +6.5, +4.5 and +2.5.

Jeez, that's harsh. And what really gets me is they don't just restrict you for the sport you won at, it's all sports.
    Had you withdrawn the winnings? Sometimes I think that gets their attention, although been banned without withdrawing too.

Never heard of buying someone's unrestricted account. Not sure how that would work with depositing and withdrawing money?

Jeez, that's harsh. And what really gets me is they don't just restrict you for the sport you won at, it's all sports.
    Had you withdrawn the winnings? Sometimes I think that gets their attention, although been banned without withdrawing too.

Never heard of buying someone's unrestricted account. Not sure how that would work with depositing and withdrawing money?

Nah. didn't withdraw it. probably thought I was arbing as Powers were about +1 or +2 at half time in that game which was a bit more sensible.
    I see talk of a Gambling Regulator coming in now. I wish they would legislate to force the bookies to lay a reasonable minimum bet and prevent them from cherry picking customers

To give them their due after a bit of arguing etc, they have increased my bet max limit from what it was (which was pennies and worthless). It is now probably 10% of what non-restricted account would get, but its still not bad e.g. max bet would be to win 300 on any of the GAA markets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Same As

It's an actual joke how they all get away with shutting/limiting winners - It's borderline discrimination!

There should be some sort of enforcement where they have to allow a minimum liability for all players using their services, similar to what has been done in Australia. https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/jan/21/minimum-bet-rule-could-be-winner-for-punters-horse-racing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭markc91

Same As wrote: »
    It's an actual joke how they all get away with shutting/limiting winners - It's borderline discrimination!

There should be some sort of enforcement where they have to allow a minimum liability for all players using their services, similar to what has been done in Australia. https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/jan/21/minimum-bet-rule-could-be-winner-for-punters-horse-racing
    100% with this think I've had the cash out option removed from my account also

markc91 wrote: »
    100% with this think I've had the cash out option removed from my account also

Hopeful but in no way confident that the newly established Gambling commission will look into this. It's honestly an absolute farce.

Personally, it's gotten to the stage where I can't even get a decent/worthwhile stake on my sport of choice in my local shops. Barred or limited to pittance from pretty much all online operators, and I wouldn't say I've taken them for a fortune. Just one case, but would love to hear others.

Hopeful but in no way confident that the newly established Gambling commission will look into this. It's honestly an absolute farce.

I wonder is there any minister or TD with responsibility for this commission that people could forward their "You have been restricted" emails just to give an indication of how big a problem this is.

I wonder is there any minister or TD with responsibility for this commission that people could forward their "You have been restricted" emails just to give an indication of how big a problem this is.

David Stanton is the TD that has been mentioned relating to the commission.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Personally, it's gotten to the stage where I can't even get a decent/worthwhile stake on my sport of choice in my local shops. Barred or limited to pittance from pretty much all online operators, and I wouldn't say I've taken them for a fortune. Just one case, but would love to hear others.

Few lads I know aren't allowed to bet on the "early prices" with a few bookies in Cork City. They will only take their bets when the "show" prices come in to the shops.

Advertisement