Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many subscriptions do you currently have?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Neames

Just Spotify. Brilliant...10 quid for pretty much unlimited music and I used to spend a lot of cash on CDs down through the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

AllForIt wrote: »
    Zero

Did you know you can upload 50,000 of your personal music files to google music and stream them to you phone when you wish for free! Uploaded over 100GB over the last few days instead of buying a large capacity SD card. Came to 17,000 music files in total, about a third of what's permitted. Chuffed with that.

I did, it’s an awful pain and the only way I could get my music on the stupid apple phone. Signal on the train line is patchy. Give me local storage any day.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Spotify, Now TV and Netflix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Netflix
    Apple Music
    Amazon prime.

Of course I also pay for the internet, electricity and other services so this isn’t a new thing. My internet includes a TV package.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

Got one of those dodgy IPTV services that a Lithuanian lad in work set up for me. It’s feckin’ mighty - all the TV channels, all the sports, thousands of movies and box sets, all the HBO, Netflix, and Amazon Prime stuff uploaded a few hours after broadcast. Even has the dirty channels if that’s your thing. 9 quid a month or something like that.

Paid 60 quid a year for similar - the absolute job. I'd not have bothered if Sky/Virgin weren't such a colossal rip-off

I also have Netflix and Spotify (family version scam so 2.50 a month)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,025 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Got one of those dodgy IPTV services that a Lithuanian lad in work set up for me. It’s feckin’ mighty - all the TV channels, all the sports, thousands of movies and box sets, all the HBO, Netflix, and Amazon Prime stuff uploaded a few hours after broadcast. Even has the dirty channels if that’s your thing. 9 quid a month or something like that.

Went for the 3 month option myself

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭JustLen

Am lucky that I can use Sky Sports through the Sky Go app on my TV at no additional cost.

How so?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

AllForIt wrote: »
    Zero

Did you know you can upload 50,000 of your personal music files to google music and stream them to you phone when you wish for free! Uploaded over 100GB over the last few days instead of buying a large capacity SD card. Came to 17,000 music files in total, about a third of what's permitted. Chuffed with that.

Didn't mention that in my post as I didn't consider it a subscription; but I've done that. Annoying thing is that Google Home can't control it except playlists.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Too many.

Netflix
    Amazon Prime
    PS Plus
    Xbox Live
    EA Access
    Xbox Games Pass
    Nintendo Online
    Irish Times
    Spotify (free with Vodafone)

I cancelled Shudder last month because I never watched it and most of those that I do have are annual one-off payments.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

JustLen wrote: »
    How so?

My dad pays for all the channels in his house and would have no idea how to use the Sky Go App so I use it for the tv my living room and bedroom. It's all above board and super handy. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

Google drive 50gb @ €5 a year (grandfathered from old account) and ITunes Match @ €25 a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Touchee

We are indeed, and it’s only likely to become more popular - SaaS it’s called.

I have subs for Sky, YouTube and my employer pays for a couple of other services like online archiving/backup storage providers and Office 365/Windows 10.

I’ll probably pay for Xbox Live and PSN when I get the games consoles in the coming weeks. I know - it’s a bit like buying dog food because it’s a bargain, and then buying the dog, but Google’s latest offering could be a game changer (pun shamelessly intended :p) -

Google Unveils Gaming Platform Stadia, A Competitor To Xbox, PlayStation And PC

SaaS is something I became familiar with in more recent times and read a bit about it. There is a book written by the CEO of Zuora about subscription based models and it kind of explains the transition from products to services and subscription revenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

Gym

Accountancy body sub

IPTV for live TV, movies , sports you name it , video on demand whole works (greatest thing ever )

Kindle unlimited

• Registered Users Posts: 5,837 ✭✭✭daheff

None!

me neither.... other than tv internet utilities

but it is the way forward.... especially for tv/movies/music

• Registered Users Posts: 3,918 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Netflix - Value for money as I watch on 3 devices, in 3 different parts of the country, often on the same day Sky - No longer value for money as sports content is decreasing month by month (they make it a b*tch to phone and cancel) Spotfiy - Value for money as the days of CD's are behind us and I am an applephobe.

I suspect that someone somewhere sometime will develop a radical new platform (not really) which will manage your subscription and access to various services for a fixed amount. They should be able to beat direct subscription cost for each once they can get numbers up and can prove that it in reality many people only use each service for a fairly limited number of hours/month.

Jesus christ. Subs not a ****ing life story.

Netflix
    Amazon Prime
    Spotify

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I guess Netflix, its about the only thing I watch on my TV.

After that I'm guessing Amazon for Kindle books/downloads

I really should set up Spotify, but haven't yet.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,489 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Currently subscribed to 9,913 threads on Boards.ie

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,489 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Oops! - better make that 9,914

• Registered Users Posts: 5,220 ✭✭✭This is it

Netflix, Spotify, and IPTV. Pretty sure that's it. All are used fairly frequently and cost about €30 in total, not too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

jester77 wrote: »
    Netflix
    Prime
    DAZN
    Sky
    Google Music
    Nintendo Switch Online

What do you watch on DAZN, out of curiousity?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Mine:

Sky
    Netflix
    BT Sport
    WWE Network
    ESPN+
    Express VPN
    Google Drive
    Wrestling Observer

• Registered Users Posts: 10,923 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Netflix
    Xbox gold
    EA access
    Nintendo Live
    Real debrid
    Mega
    Iptv
    Dns/vpn
    Watch NRL (occasionally)
    Spotify
    Use of brothers Amazon Prime

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

Dodgy 6 months subscription to Spotify- €12
    Dodgy 6 months subscription to IPTV- €40
    Dodgy 1 months subscription to amazon prime- €0

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

Just boards....

Netflix
    Spotify
    Littlewoods
    Gym

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Beanntraigheach

eviltwin wrote: »
    Netflix
    Spotify for the chislers
    Audible
    Sky although the other half pays that
    The good twin?

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Beanntraigheach

Nothing.

Used to have Sky but cancelled it when I realised I barely watched it any more. Freesat does me now.

Nothing. The only bill is the electricity, and prepaid phone/4g credit which is $10 a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Netflix
    Amazon Prime
    Crunchyroll
    Norton
    System Mechanic

Probably others I can't think of... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,417 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Amazon prime €36 a year
    YouTube premium €11 a month
    Apple Music -€9 a month
    Apple iCloud - €3 a month
    Sky broadband and tv who I absolutely detest but the missus has to have her tv. - about €1440 a year.
    Netflix. -€45 a year

I plan on dumping sky later in the year and to hell with the missus.

Advertisement