Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much do you spend at the hairdressers/Barbers?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Larbre34 wrote: »
    My barbers in east Co. Meath charge a tenner for an excellent dry cut; clippers, scissors, feathering, cut throat neck shave, wax, lotion and a hot towel.

Any young lads ive seen come in to get highly stylised looks that take up to 45 mins to do pay max €14.

That would be a bit far for me to go for my haircuts but I’m glad you’re getting decent cuts for that price.

If I could stand over the quality of a Dublin city or suburban barber for a lower price I’d make a booking but any place I’ve seen with the tenner or less offers don’t look like they do anything except shave heads or make people look like feral vikings.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 30,186 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

That would be a bit far for me to go for my haircuts but I’m glad you’re getting decent cuts for that price.

If I could stand over the quality of a Dublin city or suburban barber for a lower price I’d make a booking but any place I’ve seen with the tenner or less offers don’t look like they do anything except shave heads or make people look like feral vikings.

What type of haircut do you get?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,262 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

40 odd at the best barbers in Dublin. Hint: It's on Westmoreland Street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

About every six weeks, €65 to €80 and I only get colour and sometimes a very small cut (just a tidy-up). Women's salons just are more expensive.

I enjoy it though, and view it as a treat as well as a grooming necessity.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,154 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

40 odd at the best barbers in Dublin. Hint: It's on Westmoreland Street.

What does the service involve? How long does it last for?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

Could never understand the mindset of guys going into some place paying someone a fiver to shear them bald. Can only assume they just don’t care about their appearance.

Jayzus, judge much?

Some men look nicer with a shaved head. I hear women don’t mind Jean-Luc Picard.

So there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I bought cordless clippers about 5 years ago for €50 and cut my own hair. Blade 1 and back and sides and No.2 on top. So I guess that works out at 20c a week roughly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭deisemum

Around €80 - €85 every 5 - 6 weeks for colour and trim.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,000 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

€8 every 2-3 months, with a €2 tip, off an iraqi lad in d8.
    He's sh1te, but i dont have much hair anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,379 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

€70 for a full head of meche, toner, treatment, cut and blow dry every 12-16 weeks or so. My hairdresser is a friend and does it as a nixer. Same job in a salon would be north of €150, over €200 in some. Not a hope in hell would I pay that but I know plenty who do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Alias G

Haven't paid for a haircut in 23 years. DIY with a clippers.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,797 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Alias G wrote: »
    Okay, okay - no need to gloat :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,379 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Alias G wrote:

We heard you the first time!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,056 ✭✭✭✭beertons

We heard you G, relax.

Mine is 11 with a Euro tip every 6 weeks. Same place last 15 years, either of the 2 lads in there can cut me. However if I go for a wet shave, only the Polish lad will do. The Indian owner is too rough.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »

I'm willing to pay that much because it's a nice place, with nice coffee, and a nice stylist who doesn't wreck my head with pointless small talk and bad jokes.

I used go to a salon with a barber and two hairdressers for years. I switched last year. They used always take ages or he used be off.
    However the nattering that used go on would melt your head. It was either about bingo or weddings.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

I go to a barber's and pay a tenner, once a year. I refuse to pay fanny-tax on having an inch off my hair.

I have only been refused based on my gender in hipster barbers, where it is staffed by young men in women's jeans. I imagine they must be terrified that someone will call them hairdressers...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

I get my hair done every 3-4 months, all over colour, cut and highlights, about 120 euro.

I'll have to get it done more often as I start to grey but for now I'm still getting away with it.

What numbers on the clippers do you use?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭rocky1813

80 euros when I’m getting color done. 140 euros for cut and color and my hair’s short. Dublin city centre prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

I go to the barbers once a month at 20 quid a go. The good thing about the barber I use is that you can't walk in off the street and queue, you must book in via their website, so you get a time slot and there is no hanging around

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,265 ✭✭✭✭ted1

€22 for a wash, cut and dry. €5 tip for the barber after.

Could never understand the mindset of guys going into some place paying someone a fiver to shear them bald. Can only assume they just don’t care about their appearance.

Maybe it suits people. I can’t understand the mindset of someone who judges other people. I’m sure many people will think your hair style looks ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

€80 every month for a cut and dry. Prices are crazy here :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,126 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

zero. I shave my head with a razor twice or three times a week. And since I bought a razor pit I spend half as much as i used to on razor blades.

(Here's the razor pit site, https://www.razorpit.com/ I actually heard about it in a thread on after hours)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

I shave my own hair grade four. I don't charge myself anything. I'd like to give myself a couple of euro as I clean up all the hair off the floor and everything but I just won't take any money off of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,644 ✭✭✭storker

€12 at barber opposite Kennedys Pub (Westland Row)

He's just got a new customer, then. I pass there between Pearse Station and the office every day. I had been going to the Grafton Barber on Baggot St, at €18 for a dry cut, which seems a lot when I could get it in my home town for €10, but that means a Saturday, and queuing. This week I found out that the Grafton Barber has put the price of a dry cut up to €21. In my book that's too much to pay, even for convenience.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

An embarrassing amount :o

€160 every 8/10 weeks for a full head of highlights, toner, olaplex and cut (if needed).
    €350 every 4 months for a fresh set of bonded extensions.

I'd often get a toner in between highlight appointments as well if my hair was looking brassy, which is €30 a pop.

I'm too vain for my own good.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

I go to the barbers once a month at 20 quid a go. The good thing about the barber I use is that you can't walk in off the street and queue, you must book in via their website, so you get a time slot and there is no hanging around

Bedford Stuy?

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

£27. £30 with tip.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I expect to pay anywhere around 20 and would throw a few quid tip as well.
    I'm very fussy though and will only allow certain people to cut my hair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Bedford Stuy?

Nope, it's a place in Sandyford

Advertisement