Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

can the irish be trusted?

• 12-03-2019 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

As we approach the national "back slapping" holiday of our patron saint...i want to ask the question are we a trustworthy race? or is the cute whore still prevalent in irish society?

can the irish be trusted? 82 votes

yes
    87% 72 votes
    no
    12% 10 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Can only speak for myself because collective responsibility is lazy bollox.

How 'bout you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 877 ✭✭✭65535

Maybe, but the Irish definitely can be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

frosty123 wrote: »
    As we approach the national "back slapping" holiday of our patron saint...i want to ask the question are we a trustworthy race? or is the cute whore still prevalent in irish society?

What do you think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Absolutely not. They stole my beer! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭crustyjuggler

Surrendering our culture to the Brits. The constant back stabbing . Ripping each other off . We can't be trusted .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

We can a' course, bhoy! That'll cost €9,000. €3,000 for you, €3,000 for me, and we'll give the job to the Dublin fella, like! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭raxy

BeerWolf wrote: »

I only borrowed it, I'll give it back once I'm finished "processing" it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭chrissb8

We are, but there's a "if you can get away with it why not?" attitude that helps no one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Trusted to fook you up if you touch their beer/ma/girlfriend - Wife, not so much :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,320 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

If we fill out the poll and it says the Irish can't be trusted, can we trust the poll result?

• Advertisement

We need to talk about Postcolonialism.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,229 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I voted yes

>_>

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Surrendering our culture to the Brits. The constant back stabbing . Ripping each other off . We can't be trusted .
    Speak for yourself brah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,865 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

This thread is so vague that no one can even come up with a funny response. For shame, OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Trusted with what? I trust different people to different degrees. I trust my wife more than anyone. Trust my mate more than my work acquaintance, trust my work acquaintanceire than a bloke I just met on the street.

Have you been let down by someone OP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Giveaway

The Irish can be trustes to always moan no matter how good they have it. If i paid attention to my fellow Irish i would believe the average Syrian has it better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Our politics would be a reflection on our society as far as trust is concerned.

Gets carried away a bit, like many of the latin countries. Who was willing to listen to any nay sayers during the Bertie area, or entertain the basic question 'where is all the money coming from?' No-one cared as long as the gravy train was flowing. Then did funny things to rip people off to keep it going. But did pay the price, which I guess was honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

You first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,519 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

We need to talk about Postcolonialism.

They're GONE, they're gone with nearly a century but sure why not blame our vanished overlords rather than ourselves?

The Irish were cute hooring, backstabbing and kicking the shyte out of each other before the Brits and they'll be at it long after they're gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Were as good as any, but it’s an inherently Irish thing to knock ourselves and only look at the bad stuff.

Even disliked politicians like Bertie & Charlie before him did many good things for the country.

I see allot of people who have **** lives because they never bothered to work and better themselves. They laughed at teachers that told them they would struggle without and education to gain better prospects. They spend their time between the pub and the bookies now with the odd break to complain about how the politicians ruined their lives and the country.
    There is some cute hooriism but much more bone idle laziness.

This is a great country to live in and if your willing to educate yourself and work hard there are plenty of opportunities.

• Advertisement

They're GONE, they're gone with nearly a century but sure why not blame our vanished overlords rather than ourselves?

The Irish were cute hooring, backstabbing and kicking the shyte out of each other before the Brits and they'll be at it long after they're gone.
    I mean... The use of the term Postcolonialism kinda does acknowledge that [the Brits] have gone.

The point is, that like a toxic fart, their presence seems to linger.

I can still smell them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This.

Being Irish died in the late 1990's and you'd be hard pushed to find a person now that isn't a horrible c*nt.

_

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,519 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

I mean... The use of the term Postcolonialism kinda does acknowledge that [the Brits] have gone.

The point is, that like a toxic fart, their presence seems to linger.

I can still smell them

Smells of cop out.

It's a jaded old excuse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

I don't know what a Tracker Mortgage is.

and it's "Cute hoor"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

There's always been 'cute whoreism' and always will be but I contest that we are as a people generally honest, hardworking, intelligent, good humored and above all resourceful and courageous.

We've had to be, it's not all that long ago we were nearly wiped off the planet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭v638sg7k1a92bx

I wonder what would happen if we started similar threads about other nations. We could start in Europe and move eastwards, see how far we get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭KevinCavan

I dare anybody to go in 5 Dublin taxis in one day and listen to what the drivers have to say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

9148130.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

We can't be trusted to turn up for work next Monday morning after drowning the shamrock

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

Ask the average person do they know any trusty or reliable tradespeople.

We can't be trusted to turn up for work next Monday morning after drowning the shamrock

Most won't have to. It's a public holiday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,366 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

BeerWolf wrote: »

Nick McGuinness stole mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Most won't have to. It's a public holiday.

Great stuff more gargle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Fine Gael & Labour Irish are .......trustworthy

Fianna Fail & Sinn Fein Irish are .....devious

Smells of cop out.
    I was kidding, but OK. We are naturally a delinquent, irresponsible and untrustworthy people.

Is that acceptable?

image.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

I was kidding, but OK. We are naturally a delinquent, irresponsible and untrustworthy people.
    The Irish are the only race impervious to psychoanalysis
    - Sigmund Freud

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

This.

Being Irish died in the late 1990's and you'd be hard pushed to find a person now that isn't a horrible c*nt.

well thats a very bleak outlook

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,909 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

frosty123 wrote:

Cute whores are everywhere on this planet, we re not that fcuking special

fryup wrote: »
    well thats a very bleak outlook

A bleak outlook caused by lush times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

I wonder what would happen if we started similar threads about other nations. We could start in Europe and move eastwards, see how far we get.

I dint think he’d get away with some Irish groups, never mind the rest of the world.

I might set up an “can the average Indonesian be trusted” thread though but I need to do some research first. See what happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

I can't speak for everyone, but i'm a duplicitous mother fúcker.
    Everyone I know is much the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,527 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Its cute hoor not cute whore. Sheesh.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭frosty123

so going by the poll results (so far)

the irish don't trust the irish..which in itself seems very irish:p

Which Irish? Why are you so hard on yourself? Or is it a case of other Irish people but miraculously not you?

The above quote would be more at home on something written by a squaddie - when it's written by an Irish person though... it isn't acceptable to say such things about an entire nationality - not one's own either.
    This.

_
    "Being Irish died"... 'k.

But anyway, as has been established before, it's not "everyone else" - it's you.
    Speak for yourself, dooood.

"Being Irish died"... 'k.

But anyway, as has been established before, it's not "everyone else" - it's you.

Speak for yourself, dooood.

It is everyone though.

You basically added to that fact in your response to the next poster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

No in my opinion, they seem to be worse outside of Ireland too, places like New York and Toronto they'll easily exploit their own, crabs in a pot springs to mind.

It is everyone though (unless you think you're the grand master of establishing things - which wouldn't surprise me seeing as people think they are the worlds foremost authority on everything).

_
    Nope, it is YOU. Most people are not cuntts at all, and most people don't think most others are cuntts, whereas you go out of your way to put yourself across as a horrible person here constantly.
    No in my opinion, they seem to be worse outside of Ireland too, places like New York and Toronto they'll easily exploit their own, crabs in a pot springs to mind.
    Are you Irish? Most likely you are, so perhaps think of the logic of what you're saying - that you, your family and friends cannot be trusted. How does that even begin to make sense?

Nope, it is YOU. Most people are not cuntts at all, and most people don't think most others are cuntts, whereas you go out of your way to put yourself across as a horrible person here constantly.

Wrong. Most of them are *****, and within the first 5 minutes of any interaction you'll be bored to tears by their self-fellation. The vast majority would stand on your throat for a fiver too.

Wrong. Most of them are *****, and within the first 5 minutes of any interaction you'll be bored to tears by their self-fellation. The vast majority would stand on your throat for a fiver too.
    No they wouldn't, and the vast majority wouldn't agree with you - you're the common denominator in all of these interactions.

No they wouldn't, and the vast majority wouldn't agree with you - you're the common denominator in all of these interactions.

Incorrect. It's very easy spot a one by the two traits above and I can recognise the two traits above. If you don't agree then you don't agree but I'd hardly expect one of you to.

• Advertisement
Advertisement