Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English version of Boards?

Options
2»

Comments

Wibbs wrote: »
    This. There was one connected to here, but it died a death years ago AFAIK. I seem to recall an outage here and an exodus over there for a day. Then again, my memory...
    You're correct! This definitely happened.

I'm going to guess it happened in 2007?

It wasn't just boards UK either; as far as I can recall there were various other versions, perhaps including the US, maybe Europe?

There were definitely various sites, but none really took off in the same way as this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

boardscouks

doesn't have the same ring to it as boardsies

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭dd973

Don't be daft, there's 60m of them, half of them aren't even from there and half of them don't even speak English, and that's just their capital city.

Scousers and Manc's welcome here though, they're the closest to us over there, I generally lump Nordie's in with the Jocks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

There used to be. It was boards.co.uk I wasn't a member but I looked at it a few times.

Never was.

Can people stop spreading this lie.

People are looking for a similar, british focused site, not an Irish site with a .co.uk address, that was rarely used.

Always annoys me when this question comes up

• Registered Users Posts: 16,906 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Always annoys me when this question comes up

I'm wondering how you would know only being a member since 2017 you wouldn't have been around when boards tried to become international.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,807 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

archer22 wrote: »
    They don't need it...whatever few are interested can just log on to boards.ie where most of the threads are about England anyhow.
    Although in fairness its an obsession that seems to be a one way street.

With such gems as "Brits" , "What do the Brits think of us?" , " What do you think of the Brits?".... And so forth.

It really is funny how they occupy our every waking thought. So insecure as a nation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,523 ✭✭✭Hoboo

archer22 wrote: »
    They don't need it...whatever few are interested can just log on to boards.ie where most of the threads are about England anyhow.
    Although in fairness its an obsession that seems to be a one way street.

With such gems as "Brits" , "What do the Brits think of us?" , " What do you think of the Brits?".... And so forth.

It really is funny how they occupy our every waking thought. So insecure as a nation.

Bit early for fishing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭corks finest

Bloody foreigners ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,joke in case in case the stormtroopers ban me

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Is there a Northern Irish version of Boards?

Antrim forum - two posts since November 2018.

Armagh forum - last post 20/12/2018 - there was one post in 2017 and one in 2016!!!

Belfast City - 9 posts so far this year.

Derry forum - 10 posts so far this year.

Down forum - 1 post in 2018 and none so far this year.

Fermanagh forum - 2 posts in 2017, 1 in 2018 and none so far this year.

Tyrone forum - 7 posts in 2018 and none so far this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,807 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Hoboo wrote: »
    Bit early for fishing.

Truth hurts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,226 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Is there a Northern Irish version of Boards?

Antrim forum - two posts since November 2018.

Armagh forum - last post 20/12/2018 - there was one post in 2017 and one in 2016!!!

Belfast City - 9 posts so far this year.

Derry forum - 10 posts so far this year.

Down forum - 1 post in 2018 and none so far this year.

Fermanagh forum - 2 posts in 2017, 1 in 2018 and none so far this year.

Tyrone forum - 7 posts in 2018 and none so far this year.

Try the politics forum

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

banie01 wrote: »
    r/CasualUK on Reddit is a close analogy of Afterhours ;)
    Without the dole threads!

That's because dole in the UK is only about £50 a week and so people do everything they can to avoid it, apart from the thieving scumbags who use it to supplement their thieving.

Advertisement