Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

US government shutdown - ESTA applications

• 14-01-2019 9:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,448 ✭✭✭✭

Anybody applied for an ESTA to visit the US since the government shutdown?

I went and bought flights this morning, then applied for the ESTA this afternoon and its just sitting at pending.

Sat at pending for a day or so the same last time I was out too but of course I'm now twitching a bit! Never clicked at all that the system might be on a go slow due to the current US political saga.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭mikhail

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

It'll be turned around in 24 hours. Shutdown or no shutdown they're no longer instant, there was an announcement about it a while back.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Loads of time left, it'll be there in morning

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭dclifford

Did one last week. It was approved by the next morning.

7.8kwp South facing, Slane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,448 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Good stuff dclifford. I did think it would be fine but just thought I'd see if anyone here had done one since the start of the shutdown.

I googled and first result was The Sun (scummers) who of course were stirring the sh*t and claiming that the system was completely shut down and anyone who didn't already have their approval would be refused entry.

But a few others including the UK government travel advisory service said nothing of the sort.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,448 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Both approved now. Done and dusted.

Advertisement