Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Backup Board

Options
  • 04-07-1999 1:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭

UBB Boards aren't designed to handle massive threads... or, for that matter, boards with over fifteen thousand messages on them.

Why do you think Cloud put up a pile of other boards? So that the load would be split.

But nooooooo, you lot all have to post EVERYTHING on the one board - tech support queries, stuff about films and music, general culture/real life gunk...

Its amazing how incompetent the allegedly technically competent can be, isn't it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Wtf Is that mean Shinji ?

Like either do something creative (like kill yourself) or just shut da phuck up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Eric read the damned post.

I'm not whining about the boards, I'm whining about the muppets who don't use them properly. You're so goddamned paranoid about people slagging the IGN services that you automatically assumed this post was bout that, and it's not.

And now I get a GLine from Quakenet from it?

Fine, be like that. I'm not usually anyone to whine about op power abuse, and I've supported the ops in all decisions to date, but this takes the biscuit. You have NO fuking right to the IRCop powers you have since you're clearly too childish and immature to know how to use them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

If you intend to insult an irc op directly then YOU suffer the consiqences. And don't talk to ME about op abuse or I will so take this further and let You ALL see what Op abuse is really going on in #quake.ie.

Leave it at that. I have unglined you. Apologies for getting outta hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Eddie Rocket

Lads just dont go about 100 post with this :-) , As for the Baord, i have tried all the fix's in the UBB admin tools again, but no joy. Ive mailed the support desk to see if they can help because i dont fancy messing with config files etc. and risk bringing the all the boards down.

Sorry about this guys,

Ed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Apology accepted and appreciated.

I'm gonna let it lie, jesus don't we have enough troubles without ops arguing among themselves and kicking up... smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭KinDreD

Ahhhhhh.....I would comment....nah..no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭H_K

yep - theyre workin again wink.gif
    cmon more foights ! smile.gif

Pat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Sinji I agree with your point , but I also think its the nature of boards that people will always go with one area that serves as a center point for people, and in our case its the Quake board since most people play that and therefore read it first.
    The other boards have a more limited readership. Therefore if you want a general response you're going to automatically post there. For example I often arrange drinks with the other users of the Roleplaying board because I know the people who read it and who will reply. If I wanted to orgainse a mass drink out I'd post to the quake board because every single user of the boards reads that.

All that needs to be done is that boards forum directory is culled every month, and its old contents moved to an archive folder if they're still needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

perhaps it would be a good idea to go onto the server and delete all html files in the quake thread directory that are over a certain date.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,815 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Has anyone seen any good films or read any good books lately?

M

Sorry - my sense of humour don't ye know.

[This message has been edited by musician (edited 04-07-99).]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

here ive started getting server errors from some of the forums.

cloud goes away and look what happens smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Eddie Rocket

Hi Guys,
    The other board seems to have died altogether, cant get access to it at all via the WebInteface, Ill try looking at the files on the server. Ill keep you up to date on my progress....

All the best,
    Ed

Advertisement