Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has a non tool ever said "The reality is"

Options
  • 23-03-2019 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭

These shortcut goto phrases seem to be in with morons on your newstalks and whatever your having. It appears to be a shortcut phrase for journalists (and creeping into boards ive just noticed) where they have few if any of the facts to conclude said reality.

I used to want to get into journalism. Seeing it in recent years has made me glad i didnt.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

cool story bro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Dufflecoat Fanny

These shortcut goto phrases seem to be in with morons on your newstalks and whatever your having. It appears to be a shortcut phrase for journalists (and creeping into boards ive just noticed) where they have few if any of the facts to conclude said reality.

I used to want to get into journalism. Seeing it in recent years has made me glad i didnt.

You OK hun

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭GMSA

You dodged a bullet there so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

No wonder you are a very angry man if such things bother you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

The reality is that you didn't have what it takes to be a journalist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

What's bad with today's journalism is that the plebs think journos are some sort of rock star influencer truth sayers.
    What's even worse, the journalists themselves believe the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Beanntraigheach

"tool"?
    "goto"?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

So

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Look the reality is when you're taking a two pronged approach to down in the trenches journalism you need agile phrases like this to touch base with the zeitgeist.

A bit of a complex concept, I can letterbox it for you if needed. It's a real paradigm shift.

• Site Banned Posts: 14 anawfulway

The reality is everyone is viewed as a tool by at leasrmt someone else. Tool.

• Advertisement

goto

Journalism you say?
    and whatever your having.

They may have discussed irony on your journalism course.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Anyone who says "the reality is" really means "MY reality is"

8621195044f96a919de4e41174b7b6a8--most-famous-quotes-best-quotes-ever.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,209 ✭✭✭emo72

"The getgo" is my favourite. I have a one syllable replacement for it, it's the word "start".

The reality is that in reality your reality is that the reality of language - a reality that in reality you would like to really alter the reality of in order that the reality becomes one in which in reality the reality actually is that people using the phrase the reality is are somehow - in reality - really worse than the reality that you perceive to be you but in reality is less than you think.

emo72 wrote: »
    "The getgo" is my favourite. I have a one syllable replacement for it, it's the word "start".

I've news for you :p

• Registered Users Posts: 20,411 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Listen to Newstalk all the time,never heard that expression there or anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

Look, it is what it is....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Maybe you should listen to the words that follow "And the reality is" instead of getting all ticked off about it.
    You might learn something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

That's a strawman argument made by you and your ilk when you're triggered by red pill snowflakes. Fake news.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,558 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Sure look.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Look, the reality is, going forward, tomorrow will be Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Hobosan

This is obviously a wind up because Irish people know 'Journalism' is just a made up word used to frighten politicians children.

Like the Boogeyman or The Financial Regulator.

Advertisement