Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/3

Comments

• Lads this is a must watch

UTD vs Arsenal LVG pre match press conference

It goes from funny to bizare, to hostile. LVG is asked about the spitting incident and before he answers it he apologises for being in his "work" clothes :pac:

The he is asked about the celebration incident with Giggs. A reporter asks if its a "Good cop, bad cop" relationship. LVG doesn't get the analogy and it raises a few chuckles but when its explained to him by another reporter he gets very pissed off. At first I thought he was joking but he is really angry. You could cut the tension with a chainsaw by the end of it.

LVG reaches sacrasim level 100 here with his reply, its brilliant.

Media talk some ****, LVG has none of it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

6 for Spitting, 4 for racism, or 8 for racism if you aren't English, 3 for a leg breaker challenge. (Unless its a fine challenge like the ones on Ireland and Matic) The F.A really do make it up as they go along. The sooner the game gets actual meaningful officiation (self coined term) the better. Its farcical how the most popular sport in the world is handled in comparison to, say, Rugby or NFL. (Which aren't perfect, but still lightyears ahead of soccer imo)

Not to say Evans and Cissé don't deserve bans for being utterly retarded, but still slightly less retarded than the refereeing of Soccer in general.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭IrishSkyBoxer

Van Gaal is a bluffer lads, absolute sham of a coach

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Van Gaal is a bluffer lads, absolute sham of a coach

I like the cut of your jib, I would like to hear more. Do you have a blog I could follow or a newsletter perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

So Arsenal in the F.A. Cup next... where have we seen that before? - Jesus that goal is like a fine wine - better with age! David Beckham's was brilliant too..

irishfeen wrote: »
    So Arsenal in the F.A. Cup next... where have we seen that before? - Jesus that goal is like a fine wine - better with age! David Beckham's was brilliant too..

Game had everything. Schmeichel's last min pen save. Keano Red. Beckham's cracker, Anelka's offside goal, whole Arsenal team wheeling away in celebration. Bergkamps deflected goal wasnt it. Think Giggs scored one too :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Re Evans, I think its pretty clear he spat at Cisse from the video Space Flunky posted, the angle of his face, he was looking pretty much straight at him, awful scummy act, Im disgusted to see a United player at that kind of shyte.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Game had everything. Schmeichel's last min pen save. Keano Red. Beckham's cracker, Anelka's offside goal, whole Arsenal team wheeling away in celebration. Bergkamps deflected goal wasnt it. Think Giggs scored one too :pac:
    Something similar Monday night would do nicely! :)

irishfeen wrote: »
    Something similar Monday night would do nicely! :)

I'd take 90+ mins of boredom and a howler from Sczezney tbh :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Whats another 90 mins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Lord TSC wrote: »

Proper order. Act like grown men for **** sake or face the consequences. Has to be the end of Evans' United career too. Miss seven games when his position is under such scrutiny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,338 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Proper order. Act like grown men for **** sake or face the consequences. Has to be the end of Evans' United career too. Miss seven games when his position is under such scrutiny.

Wow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

MagicIRL wrote: »

Ah would ya stop.

7 matches is a ****ing joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Feck that, two days booked off work getting to airports at ungodly hours and left broke for two weeks after due to a monthly wage, better be a cracker

He should have racially abused him instead of missing him with a spit, would probably have gotten less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

adox wrote: »
    7 matches is a ****ing joke.

For Cisse?

His record probably made it a bit longer, if Evans is found guilty I would expect him to get 5 or 6. 6 is the standard for it isnt it

If the likes of Mata, Falcao and whoever are turfed out this summer whI can be signed that would offer an improvement on them? I mean you can sign your Cavanis, your Sneijder style players but they'll struggle just as much when their only touches are 40 yards out with their backs to goal.

kryogen wrote: »
    For Cisse?

His record probably made it a bit longer, if Evans is found guilty I would expect him to get 5 or 6. 6 is the standard for it isnt it

5 or 6 is a joke too IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,626 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Hopefully this thread will see the signing of a bumper contract for this man!

1414369463015_wps_67_David_De_Gea_of_Mancheste.jpg

He should be made the best paid keeper in the world. Id go as fair as to say he should be made the 2nd best paid player at utd (should be really one thou)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Headshot wrote: »
    He should be made the best paid keeper in the world. Id go as fair as to say he should be made the 2nd best paid player at utd (should be really one thou)

article-2098105-1199E699000005DC-107_468x296.jpg

240BC60C00000578-2873586-image-a-1_1418577271516.jpg

pr-mu-de-gea-getty.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Just watched LVGs press conference today....HOLY SH*T :eek:

He was so fricking pissed at that journalist. Very intense conference. My favourite one all year. When he said ' I have a very bad relationship with Giggs' was hilarious. What a man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Lads this is a must watch

UTD vs Arsenal LVG pre match press conference

It goes from funny to bizare, to hostile. LVG is asked about the spitting incident and before he answers it he apologises for being in his "work" clothes :pac:

The he is asked about the celebration incident with Giggs. A reporter asks if its a "Good cop, bad cop" relationship. LVG doesn't get the analogy and it raises a few chuckles but when its explained to him by another reporter he gets very pissed off. At first I thought he was joking but he is really angry. You could cut the tension with a chainsaw by the end of it.

LVG reaches sacrasim level 100 here with his reply, its brilliant.

The questions are innocuous enough. The hostility is over the top. He's definitely feeling the pressure imo.

• The questions are innocuous enough. The hostility is over the top. He's definitely feeling the pressure imo.

No the questions are idiotic, and he's put them in there place.
    The media implys LVG and Giggs have a poor relationship and he calls them out on the bull****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Liam O wrote: »
    If the likes of Mata, Falcao and whoever are turfed out this summer whI can be signed that would offer an improvement on them? I mean you can sign your Cavanis, your Sneijder style players but they'll struggle just as much when their only touches are 40 yards out with their backs to goal.

Exactly

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    The media implys LVG and Giggs have a poor relationship and he calls them out on the bull****.

I agree but surely he knows you have to play the game with the media. If he always acts this hostile to them they'll just ramp up the BS,putting him under even more pressure.

M!Ck^ wrote: »

Notice how there wasn't anything said about sterling and Sturridge but loads about Giggs and van gaal. The media loves utd

I agree but surely he knows you have to play the game with the media. If he always acts this hostile to them they'll just ramp up the BS,putting him under even more pressure.

But why would stuff he knows is bull**** and can prove is bull**** put him under pressure?

He is 60 years old and been doing this or 20 odd years. Doubt he gives a flying ****.

As it should be. Soccer journalism is a bunch of parasites.

Notice how there wasn't anything said about sterling and Sturridge but loads about Giggs and van gaal. The media loves utd

:confused:

It was a Manchester United press conference yes? Why would 2 Liverpool players be brought up? Strange comment.

• Advertisement

Even though I posted the video earlier on, I agree with Business cat in that Evans didn't make the standard effort of turning your head away from the player before you spit. To spit towards someone, even if it doesn't land on them, is a shite thing to do. Will be interesting to see if anything happens, because if he spat on the ground, and didn't get Cisse at all, then it'll be difficult for them to bring any enforceable punishment against him.

But why would stuff he knows is bull**** and can prove is bull**** put him under pressure?

He is 60 years old and been doing this or 20 odd years. Doubt he gives a flying ****.

Does he look like a man that doesn't give a flying ****? He looks ****ing livid.

EDIT:I agree with your last comment though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Have you never heard of LVG before he took over at Utd? He hates the media and has always treated them with utter comtempt. He's hardly going to change just because he's in England.

:confused:

It was a Manchester United press conference yes? Why would 2 Liverpool players be brought up? Strange comment.

Pointing out the medias **** stirring regarding man utd.

Imagine if tht was Rooney and van persie.

• I agree but surely he knows you have to play the game with the media. If he always acts this hostile to them they'll just ramp up the BS,putting him under even more pressure.

Don't think its anything to do with pressure.
    LVG has a history of taking no **** from the media no matter if his teams have been winning or losing.
    I also think the media and rival fans have been shooting prematurely as they continue to forget two crucial points;
    1st: Target was CL, and we are in the CL spots
    2nd: The season isn't even finished yet

Does he look like a man that doesn't give a flying ****? He looks ****ing livid.

I didn't watch the video. Was getting my face melted with house hunting in Dublin. I would rather watch utd 10 times worse than do this.

I'll watch it now and report back boss

I didn't watch the video. Was getting my face melted with house hunting in Dublin. I would rather watch utd 10 times worse than do this.

I'll watch it now and report back boss

Well it'll give you a laugh after house hunting cos it's good craic alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Especially English soccer journalism.

Well it'll give you a laugh after house hunting cos it's good craic alright.

I see what you're saying alright. I think that's just usual lvg calling the media out though. To an outsider, I can see how you can make those assertations.

He does get annoyed because they were trying to insinuate Giggs and himself have a bad relationship.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Especially English soccer journalism.

And marca!

Press conferences are the least important part of the managers job but probably the most dissected. It's crazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,492 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I would like to see the incident again in normal speed. To me it looked completely accidental, but when they showed the replays in slow motion it looked more intentional than it was imo.

What everyone is forgetting is that these are seen from a long way away through long lenses. He could be spitting three metres away from the player (still shouldn't do it, imho) and from the right angle it would look like he was aiming at, or actually hit him.

Cisse was holding his face, nobody is credibly suggesting he was hit in the face if he was hit at all. Simulation, trying to get a player sent off.

Scrap the cap!

• Just realised, where's williamnot?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭Underground

If Cisse got 7 games, surely Evans should get at least 7 if not more, no? He instigated the situation. Well, he spat first anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

If Cisse got 7 games, surely Evans should get at least 7 if not more, no? He instigated the situation. Well, he spat first anyway.

Cisse only got 7 because he got a ban in December already for violent conduct.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

6 is the maximum, Cisse got an extra one for his previous disciplinary record/suspensions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Think it's fairly obvious that Evans is going to get 6 games for this.
    His denial of the thing too just makes it worse imo. Cisse comes out of the whole thing a lot better as he's apologised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Lord TSC wrote: »
    We're into the final stretch now. This topic will probably take us to the end of the season

Hmmmm. I have a feeling that Man Utd - Liverpool match might fill it up on its own :pax:

Em, Cisse was the one who made the leg breaker tackle and was throwing shapes. Evans wasn't trying to spit at him, I'm almost sure. But he'll get his ban and the misinformed shíte will continue. Even Cisse didn't deserve more than a violent conduct charge if even that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

I hope Evans and Cisse gets lengthy ban if found guilty but spitting incident getting bigger ban than Racism? lol, FA is just pathetic.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement