Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aston Villa Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,840 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

KEA I presume, my first 11 would be:

Guzan
    Hutton
    Okore
    Concrete----Cissokho
    The Rock
    Westwood
    Delph
    Richardson
    N'zogbia
    Gabby/Weimann

Benteke to come in obviously and Grealish being introduced as often as possible. Bacuna can offer fresh legs in numerous positions while Joe Cole and Senderos can provide experienced cover if required. Callum Robinson can make a breakthrough too.
    With Sanchez unavailable for Stoke I'd say the front 3 might be N'zogbia Gabby and Weimann with Richardson playing central or Senderos starting in a back 3.

Another positive this season is that if anyone is performing below par there will be players available to take their places in the team.

Yes KEA somehow you knew my brain better than I did, wouldnt be surprised if that would be the starting lineup for the next match, wouldnt be too dissapointed too if thats the case

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Guess I meant El Ahmadi but my mind is groggy this morning

I though that too, but this threw me:
    Not listed here are: Bennett, Baker, El Ahmadi, Herd, Stevens

So I thought you meant Ki

With talk of one more player, what does everyone think we need? IMO a proper right winger would bring that last bit of balance to the team (with Zog/Grealish out left). There's nothing else that strikes me as an immediate necessity, but at the same time there's not a player there who couldn't be replaced aside from Guzan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭remoteboy

In
    havent run one of these myself before so hope i dont have to do anything except tell you guys the code, which is...

2000310-479185

COYVB wrote: »
    With talk of one more player, what does everyone think we need? IMO a proper right winger would bring that last bit of balance to the team (with Zog/Grealish out left). There's nothing else that strikes me as an immediate necessity, but at the same time there's not a player there who couldn't be replaced aside from Guzan

RB & RW for me

but yep a top player in almost any position would be able to force their way into our team although I still thin its not as bad as before and the summer signings although not world beating have provided decent cover in most areas of the park which we havent really had for a while.

Still thinking it might be Moses on loan for the RWF slot though perhaps that is due to the lack of links but then again Sanchez seemed to come out of nowhere and then be done within a week that could happen again if we sign another player.

8 teams so far in the boards Villains league

• Advertisement

Given that we've got a couple of RBs and no RWs would you not have that as the only real priority at the minute? Gabby and Weimann have absolutely no place on the wings. I'd be fine with keeping Weimann and giving him a shot as an actual forward, but it's time for Gabby to go. I'll be very disappointed if he gets a new contract on the basis that he's a local lad - even moreso if he's given the armband should Vlaar leave

Given that we've got a couple of RBs and no RWs would you not have that as the only real priority at the minute? Gabby and Weimann have absolutely no place on the wings. I'd be fine with keeping Weimann and giving him a shot as an actual forward, but it's time for Gabby to go. I'll be very disappointed if he gets a new contract on the basis that he's a local lad - even moreso if he's given the armband should Vlaar leave

Well if we are only to get one I do think it will be the RW hence my mentioning Moses being linked and that I wouldnt be surprised if someone like him was the last player to be brought in but I honestly dont trust the RBs we do have and thus would also like to see one of those purchased. Would expect the RW first though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

If Vlaar leaves a centre back better than Senderos is essential. Virgil Van Dijk might be the obvious one but he would cost roughly 7 or 8 million so it would require playing hardball with Southampton fee wise.

If a loan signing is made then someone like Gnabry would be preferable over Moses. Tottenham will surely have to offload someone from their midfield. Holtby probably wouldn't fit in however. If Liverpool were willing to loan Jordan Ibe he might be worth a punt too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,077 ✭✭✭Patser

Still wouldn't say no to an established no 10. After all the fuss about Hoolahan, and with Grealish and Gardner still unproven, I'd like someone there that can intelligently break down defences. Lambert's interest in Ki suggests he's after one too

Or maybe another, better left winger than Gabby.

If Vlaar leaves a centre back better than Senderos is essential. Virgil Van Dijk might be the obvious one but he would cost roughly 7 or 8 million so it would require playing hardball with Southampton fee wise.

If a loan signing is made then someone like Gnabry would be preferable over Moses. Tottenham will surely have to offload someone from their midfield. Holtby probably wouldn't fit in however. If Liverpool were willing to loan Jordan Ibe he might be worth a punt too.

Im going to assume Vlaar will stay as Club captain and thus at Villa unless Southampton offer us stupid money or a bigger club come sniffing about.

I rate Gnarby very highly but why I might lean towards Moses especially over say a loan for Ibe is that his loan I could see becoming permanent while with the others we would just be developing other teams young talent. Moses wont become a starter at Chelsea

• Advertisement

Im going to assume Vlaar will stay as Club captain and thus at Villa unless Southampton offer us stupid money or a bigger club come sniffing about.

I rate Gnarby very highly but why I might lean towards Moses especially over say a loan for Ibe is that his loan I could see becoming permanent while with the others we would just be developing other teams young talent. Moses wont become a starter at Chelsea

My thinking is that the younger players are hungrier with something to prove. Moses has gone as far as he can in the game with his move to Chelsea and my inner racist is slightly sceptical of his age.

At 17/18
    Victor-Moses-001.jpg

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Lineup:

Guzan

Bacuna
    Vlaar
    Senderos
    Cissikko

KEA
    Delph
    Westwood

Agbonlahor
    Bent
    Cole

Confirmed or guess?

Interesting Bacuna wins out over Hutton, Lowton and Richardson.

Also Cole ahead of Weimann.

Any idea if subs bench?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭LeBash

Moses just signed for Stoke on a season long loan. We wont be getting him

And Ki just scored against Utd. His wage claims will go up.

Patser wrote: »
    And Ki just scored against Utd. His wage claims will go up.

he wanted 65k PLUS 10k win bonus from us as it was... i can only imagine how bad itd be now lol

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Patser wrote: »
    Confirmed or guess?

Interesting Bacuna wins out over Hutton, Lowton and Richardson.

Also Cole ahead of Weimann.

Any idea if subs bench?

Just got it off livescore, they didn't have the subs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,788 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Actual team

Guzan, Hutton, Vlaar [c], Senderos, Cissokho, Westwood, Delph, Richardson, N’Zogbia, Weimann, Agbonlahor

subs: Given, Baker, Clark, Bacuna, El Ahmadi, Bent, Grealish.

442 or 433 with Richardson in the middle?

JPA wrote: »
    Actual team

Guzan, Hutton, Vlaar [c], Senderos, Cissokho, Westwood, Delph, Richardson, N’Zogbia, Weimann, Agbonlahor

subs: Given, Baker, Clark, Bacuna, El Ahmadi, Bent, Grealish.

442 or 433 with Richardson in the middle?

4-3-3 or 4-3-1-2 with N'zogbia either on the right or in the hole.
    Okore must be injured :(

Ya livescore was wrong. Looks like a 4-4-2 to me. Okore picked up an injury last week did he not? It's not serious anyway.

• Advertisement

Guzan
    Hutton--Vlaar--Senderos-Cissokho
    Westwood-Richardson

Delph
    Nzogbia
    Agbonlahor
    Weimann

Something like that I'd say?

I'd expect a dour 0-0 until Grealish is unleashed from the bench in the last 10 minutes to win it 1-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

I'd go

Guzan
    Hutton--Vlaar--Senderos-Cissokho
    Westwood
    Richardson
    Delph

Nzogbia----
    Agbonlahor----Weimann

Gabby's just missed an open goal....

He really needs to be moved on

He'll have to accept a massive pay cut if his contract is to be renewed. When Benteke is fit and Robinson and Grealish ready to step up his place in the first team will have to be gone.

What is the formation?

He'll have to accept a massive pay cut if his contract is to be renewed.

Absolutely no way he should be offered a new deal

I'd call it a 4-2-3-1. Gabby the spearhead, N'Zogbia, Weimann and Richardson fluting about behind him.

• Advertisement

Weimann needs to be up top, not Gabby

Weimann needs to be up top, not Gabby

He's playing everywhere atm, excellent work rate.

Villa enjoying a good spell.

Half time, Villa on top I'd say.

Cissokho and Hutton have been great

Cissokho and Hutton have been great

Yeah both doing well but why is Westwood still on set pieces?

• Advertisement

I'm optimistic about the defence this season especially with Sanchez to come in. Getting Benteke back fully fit early is essential, very hard to see where the goals will come from without him.

I'd imagine Bent would have got on the end of one those chances.

JPA wrote: »
    I'd imagine Bent would have got on the end of one those chances.

I'd imagine he'd have been out of breath somewhere. Thankfully his contract is up next season too.

Get in Andi! 1-0

Well done to Andy

• Advertisement

Nice one, defence to be tested now.

Jack on for Charlie

Grealish coming on for Nzog.

Nice one, hopefully he shines.

Could do with Bacuna on now too.

Bacuna on for Andi

That's a shocker from Leandro

Full time, 3 points, clean sheet, good performance

Wooo!

I know last season started well too but holding out comfortably enough like that does inspire confidence.

Wow, a win. Villa looked, ahem, solid.
    Haven't seen that for a while.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement