Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Football Team is Recruiting

• 18-02-2015 9:49pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks, the Boards Football Team is on the hunt for new players.

We are coming to the end of the season (3 games left) and aren't in a position to win (first year in many), this allows us to use our last 3 games to give new players a run.

Games are on Tuesday Nights, they start between 19:00-21:00
    Games are in Dundrum or Knocklyon on Astro pitches.

We are recruiting for all positions.
    We operate a team first ethos and this has served us well over many years.

We have a manager, we have kit and generally we're pretty well organised, aswell as being a sound bunch of lads.

If you're interested come over to the forum and post in the thread with your name and position(s)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=833

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Whats the standard like?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Decent enough.

Most teams play good football with a few proper hoofball teams.

Come up and have a game or watch and you'll get an idea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Jarrod

What time of year is your season? I'm playing with a team at the minute but the season is finishing up April-ish. I don't think I'll be staying with them next year, as I can't commit to training twice a week plus matches. That leads to my second question, is there training? Or is it just matches? basically, what sort of commitment is required?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Matches once a week, no training.

We have 3 games left this season.

New season likely to kick off mid April

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Jarrod wrote: »
    What time of year is your season? I'm playing with a team at the minute but the season is finishing up April-ish. I don't think I'll be staying with them next year, as I can't commit to training twice a week plus matches. That leads to my second question, is there training? Or is it just matches? basically, what sort of commitment is required?

It's actually perfect for people like yourself, we have a lot of guys who work long hours, or weekends, or who have families which means they don't want to commit to training twice weekly plus a match.

There is an ask that you keep yourself reasonably fit, because the pace of the game on Astro is pretty frenetic compared to grass, and it's non-stop for the 60 minutes. Roll-on-Roll-off subs help too, and we look to keep a squad of 15/16 players, meaning we'd get 13/14 lads per game ideally (work, injuries, holidays etc keeping one or two lads away at a time).

I'd say fitness is worth at least the same as footballing level in terms of getting a game - a lad who can play a bit but keep running for the full 60 has mroe chance of getting a game than a lad who can pass like Pirlo and score like Messi for twenty minutes.

We've a close knit team ethos, you'll not be berated for trying the right thing, even if it doesn't come off, but you will be expected not to try to do everything yourself, or get on the backs of players constantly.

It's a good standard, and we have some proper quality players in a lot of positions.

If you can make it to any of the three remaining games, then please do.
    I'll guarantee any new faces at least a half each week, if not more.

Summer Season runs from about April for 18 weeks (10 team league, play each other twice).

Winter then runs from October to Feb, with a 2 week break at Xmas.

Match Dates Venue & Times

Tues 24th Feb Benildus 9pm
    Tues 3rd March Colmcilles 9pm
    Tues 10th March Colmcilles 8pm

• Advertisement

Just a reminder, game this tuesday if you're interested in coming down

Thanks for getting back to me lads. I won't make it down on Tuesday as I'm working late. I'm going to finish out the season with the team I'm with but I'd definitely be interested in joining for the summer league.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,514 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Went to see them play for the first time last week. The standard is good and they have a few stalwarts who've been playing for a few years. However they could definitely do with a few new recruits as players often have other commitments and also there were one or two certainly carrying the odd niggling injury the other night

Check out the link in the OP to the Boards Football Team Forum for more info or if you want to ask the team, or it's management, anything more

Bump - match tomorrow in Benildus at 9pm, if you are interest post here, or PM myself or helimachoptor

Bumpy bump

League starts in 2 weeks, still on the hunt for a couple of players

• Advertisement

I'm still interested. I'll be working nights in 2 weeks so won't be around for the first game but would be available from the following week (starting the 20th).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

Jarrod wrote: »
    I'm still interested. I'll be working nights in 2 weeks so won't be around for the first game but would be available from the following week (starting the 20th).

What's your position?

Mousewar wrote: »
    What's your position?

I mostly play left mid but can play on the right or up front too.

Hey lads, last chance to put your name down for this season.

Looks like we kick off next week

Jarrod, will drop you a pm once we have a fixture details

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Hey folks, the Boards Football Team is on the hunt for new players.

We are coming to the end of the season (3 games left) and aren't in a position to win (first year in many), this allows us to use our last 3 games to give new players a run.

Games are on Tuesday Nights, they start between 19:00-21:00
    Games are in Dundrum or Knocklyon on Astro pitches.

We are recruiting for all positions.
    We operate a team first ethos and this has served us well over many years.

We have a manager, we have kit and generally we're pretty well organised, aswell as being a sound bunch of lads.

If you're interested come over to the forum and post in the thread with your name and position(s)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=833

What are the wages and signing on fee like?

(Sorry couldn't resist!)

What are the wages and signing on fee like?

(Sorry couldn't resist!)

€125 quid a season subs - for 18 1 hour referred games - €7 per game.

Advertisement