Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Captain GW 7

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Son
    Torn between Kane and Salah and think both are good options this week. By a whisker, I'm going Kane. I'm hoping for a reaction following the Europa League result.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Just_Magic

Bameford
    Heung min here.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,966 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Son
    Going Kane.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SkySter

Bameford
    Three changes in the last hour. Feck it. Kane it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,087 ✭✭✭COH

Son
    Kane

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Bameford
    He doesn't need to outscore them, all I want from him is to bring in points, if he gets 3 bps and clean sheet points, it's the equivalent of a goal, but if he assists/scores it will be enough to bring green arrows.

Just for the record.... I'm currently sitting around the 2millionth place in rankings, I'm not going to challenging for overall winner of even close, I play the game to have a bit of fun.

Through the years I have found it consumes too much of my time to do the required research to compete in money leagues, I do join a few but only to keep myself entertained, my highest finish is around 100,000th back in 2011/12 .

Last week I should have left my captain alone and not changed ...but because of reading that Salah was going to have a great week etc massive points haul... I panicked and changed away from bamford (it was set to bamford for his game against villa -which failed- but I was so close to having a hat-trick captain ... Which I haven't had in possibly over 10yrs)

This week I hear the same voices shouting Kane, Salah etc all going to have good scores, but the reality is, ... On any given gameweek... I might be right, this weekend...could be that gameweek.

Salah and the others are also playing champions League/Europa League in midweek, so fatigue from travel should contribute to the lack of consistency from those players.... Granted Kane and son only got 45 and 30mins respectively but.. they also lost their game and only scored 1 goal between them last week when people were saying they would get 3/4 , the players are not playing free flowing football, my own stubbornness is stopping me getting rashford/martial, grealish, Koch, klitch... All if which I think could do well over the next few gameweeks.

I think Chelsea -if they can keep another clean sheet - will be the team to keep an eye on for players.

After all this you still did captained Salah and not Lookman?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Ace2007 wrote: »
    After all this you still did captained Salah and not Lookman?

I know.... I flip flopped between multiple captains throughout the day, I’m lucky it was still on salah at least and not one of the other captains I had picked, annoyed with myself that I got distracted by kids and wife during the day, I missed the Rodriquez news, would have shipped him out if I had and brought in someone to try make the most of bench boost.

I toyed with DCL during the day, then realized that if Everton were to do well it’s their midfield that would be likely to get the points, had it on Rodriquez with vice salah, switched their roles, then moved to bring in a few people and play the bench boost and forgot about it (I have 4yr old twins and neighbours called throughout the day dropping in party bags for Halloween, I got distracted)

... I don’t think salah will get a good score this week, just because Antonio is out, west ham can still be strong, if anyone on the team will get points it will be mane/robbo, I’m hopeful that Liverpool and Chelsea have clean sheets ...and anything else is a bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Bameford
    I went with my gut and went son. Salah is up against a defence that have done remarkably well lately. If spurs react and click then they could score a hatful. ****ting myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

I know.... I flip flopped between multiple captains throughout the day, I’m lucky it was still on salah at least and not one of the other captains I had picked, annoyed with myself that I got distracted by kids and wife during the day, I missed the Rodriquez news, would have shipped him out if I had and brought in someone to try make the most of bench boost.

I toyed with DCL during the day, then realized that if Everton were to do well it’s their midfield that would be likely to get the points, had it on Rodriquez with vice salah, switched their roles, then moved to bring in a few people and play the bench boost and forgot about it (I have 4yr old twins and neighbours called throughout the day dropping in party bags for Halloween, I got distracted)

... I don’t think salah will get a good score this week, just because Antonio is out, west ham can still be strong, if anyone on the team will get points it will be mane/robbo, I’m hopeful that Liverpool and Chelsea have clean sheets ...and anything else is a bonus.

This makes no sense whatsoever

You’re lucky it’s still on Salah but don’t think he’ll get a good score.

So how are you lucky??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Chesty08 wrote: »
    This makes no sense whatsoever

You’re lucky it’s still on Salah but don’t think he’ll get a good score.

So how are you lucky??

I’m lucky because it could have been one of the other players in my squad, who have potential to not get any points, it was on Rodriguez before it switched to salah...earlier in the day it was on zaha .... that would have been worse than salah.

I think salah and Liverpool in general are not in full flight ....yes they are getting results, but something isn’t ...I can’t put my finger on it.... salah and Liverpool are not passing my “eye” test - for €12M, the money could be invested elsewhere, however if Rodriquez doesn’t play this week, he will be my first cull of the week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,557 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Mane
    Last week I should have left my captain alone and not changed ...but because of reading that Salah was going to have a great week etc massive points haul... I panicked and changed away from bamford (it was set to bamford for his game against villa -which failed- but I was so close to having a hat-trick captain ... Which I haven't had in possibly over 10yrs)

This week I hear the same voices shouting Kane, Salah etc all going to have good scores, but the reality is, ... On any given gameweek... I might be right, this weekend...could be that gameweek.

Maybe stop reading and listening to the voices then if you think it's negatively impacting your decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Bameford
    I’m lucky because it could have been one of the other players in my squad, who have potential to not get any points, it was on Rodriguez before it switched to salah...earlier in the day it was on zaha .... that would have been worse than salah.

I think salah and Liverpool in general are not in full flight ....yes they are getting results, but something isn’t ...I can’t put my finger on it.... salah and Liverpool are not passing my “eye” test - for €12M, the money could be invested elsewhere, however if Rodriquez doesn’t play this week, he will be my first cull of the week.

Given that you were considering Lookman seriously, I don't think there could be any player in your squad not to get points, even if you had in on Hamez, there is always a VC.

If Lookman gets a double digit score this weekend - you can't be like last week with Bamford and say you were seriously thinking about it given that you say you've had it on the majority of the team this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,342 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Son
    Kane 3 weeks in a row

Advertisement