Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FPL Wildcard Thread 2020/2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭jams100

Used wildcard today, this is my team, thoughts?

Trying to fit Kdb in, and think I’m stuck between these

Martinez Ryan
    Vvd Saiss Taylor Lampety Mitchell
    Salah Kdb Son Zaha Klich
    Jiménez Dcl Bamford

Or

Martinez Ryan
    Taa James Saiss Taylor Mitchell
    Salah Kdb Son Zaha Klich
    Jiménez Dcl Brewster

That’s quite a tough one. First of all I think you should fit in KDB.

VVD & Lamptey are guaranteed starters although we don’t currently know how bad that Lamptey injury is. Consensus is he’ll be grand.

You’d have to think Bamford will eventually lose his place to their big (record ?) signing Rodrigo.

The second option only has 1 guaranteed starter in TAA. You could consider James a starter currently (similarly to Bamford) but his place comes under threat once all Chelsea defenders are fit.

Brewster currently not getting a sniff but obviously could move but where he moves to is also a possible problem. Wilder seems to rotate his strikers like crazy.

So I’ve told you nothing you didn’t already know !

I think I’d go with the second one. TAA, James & Brewster.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,661 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

jams100 wrote: »
    Used wildcard today, this is my team, thoughts?

if your WCing, you need to be getting KdB

No idea of secure Dunne's play is - so that could become an issue in future
    Jorginho missed a penalty at the weekend - hard to know if he'll still be on them - if he's not then he doesn't have much appeal if any.

Downgrade Jesus and get KdB is the most obvious thing i would say. Also given Macy will never see first team action - you be best to have the sub Brighton keeper to cover for Ryan.

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭jams100

Ace2007 wrote: »
    if your WCing, you need to be getting KdB

No idea of secure Dunne's play is - so that could become an issue in future
    Jorginho missed a penalty at the weekend - hard to know if he'll still be on them - if he's not then he doesn't have much appeal if any.

Downgrade Jesus and get KdB is the most obvious thing i would say. Also given Macy will never see first team action - you be best to have the sub Brighton keeper to cover for Ryan.

Fair points, thing is Jesus is bound to play over the next few months given agueros injury hence my thinking about why he's better value.
    Nervous about dunne alright but if he does play at 4 mill he would be excellent value

• Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

jams100 wrote: »
    Fair points, thing is Jesus is bound to play over the next few months given agueros injury hence my thinking about why he's better value.
    Nervous about dunne alright but if he does play at 4 mill he would be excellent value

I would say that KDB is more must have than Auba. Wouldn't have an issue with KDB & Jesus.

Going with Son over Kane would probably help strengthen your overall team imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Love WCing.

Martinez (4.0)
    James, Justin, KWP (or Lamptey), Dunne
    Salah, KDB, Son, Prodence (Burke)
    Jiminez, Jesus, Ricarlison

Is the latest draft.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Although doing ok the first two weeks (72, 60) it was down to my captains performing (Salah and Richy) so have played my wildcard. May change again later in the week but there are potential risers I want to grab now.

Have gone from

McCarthy (Nyland)

TAA - Bellerin - KWP - Lewis - Johnson

Salah - PEA - Saka - Mahrez - Bissouma

Werner - Richarlison - Mitro

to

Martinez (Miazek)

TAA - Bellerin - Lamptey - (KWP - Dunne)

Salah - KDB - Rodriguez - Podence - Costa

Werner - Richarlison - (Mitro)

Keeper - I don't like so may end up changing that but it's slim pickings at 5.0m and below. The Nyland switch is just down to Nyland being so well owned so just dumping him incase he's transfered out a lot.

Defence - Might switch TAA to Robertson for that extra 0.5m and upgrade Dunne. Even though Southampton have been poor, KWP has been getting forward well enough and I'll back Hassenhuttl to get them performing again as well as having Burnley and West Brom up next. Lamptey has looked great and Dunne is just a cheapie last sub.

Midfield - I think it's much stronger now with a lot more attacking potential

Forward - I plan on keeping Richy and Werner all year unless they fall off completely, both have impressed me in the first two games. Mitro although getting two at the weekend is playing in a poor Fulham team and would love to downgrade/upgrade him but there's nothing jumping out right now and he should play all the time and he's a good first sub or a switch in with a midfielder depending on fixtures.

I have 0.4m in the back

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Fromvert wrote: »
    Although doing ok the first two weeks (72, 60) it was down to my captains performing (Salah and Richy) so have played my wildcard. May change again later in the week but there are potential risers I want to grab now.

Have gone from

McCarthy (Nyland)

TAA - Bellerin - KWP - Lewis - Johnson

Salah - PEA - Saka - Mahrez - Bissouma

Werner - Richarlison - Mitro

to

Martinez (Miazek)

TAA - Bellerin - Lamptey - (KWP - Dunne)

Salah - KDB - Rodriguez - Podence - Costa

Werner - Richarlison - (Mitro)

Keeper - I don't like so may end up changing that but it's slim pickings at 5.0m and below. The Nyland switch is just down to Nyland being so well owned so just dumping him incase he's transfered out a lot.

Defence - Might switch TAA to Robertson for that extra 0.5m and upgrade Dunne. Even though Southampton have been poor, KWP has been getting forward well enough and I'll back Hassenhuttl to get them performing again as well as having Burnley and West Brom up next. Lamptey has looked great and Dunne is just a cheapie last sub.

Midfield - I think it's much stronger now with a lot more attacking potential

Forward - I plan on keeping Richy and Werner all year unless they fall off completely, both have impressed me in the first two games. Mitro although getting two at the weekend is playing in a poor Fulham team and would love to downgrade/upgrade him but there's nothing jumping out right now and he should play all the time and he's a good first sub or a switch in with a midfielder depending on fixtures.

I have 0.4m in the back

Take out Werner for now in case he drops in price.
    Wolves have a good run so no harm in having Saiss in there for now as he could rise.

ElTel wrote: »
    Take out Werner for now in case he drops in price.
    Wolves have a good run so no harm in having Saiss in there for now as he could rise.

Is it just a case of take out Werner tonight and put him back in again tomorrow after he falls and get 0.1m back?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Fromvert wrote: »
    Is it just a case of take out Werner tonight and put him back in again tomorrow after he falls and get 0.1m back?

Yup. WCs will skew the predictions so may not fall tonight.
    FPLStastics predictions for the 5 risers look like popular non WC transfers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

ElTel wrote: »
    Yup. WCs will skew the predictions so may not fall tonight.
    FPLStastics predictions for the 5 risers look like popular non WC transfers.

If people held off on hitting the WC button until later in the week, their transfers would count towards the price drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Shanee.

I have Martinez atm and have wildcard activated. Do I keep or switch to Ryan?

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭The Megaphone

siblers wrote: »
    I'd replace McCarthy with someone else, maybe Leno, Martinez or Guiata. Southampton are a mess

Got me 13 points yesterday - brought in Martinez on foot of your advice!

Thank you, whenever I hear the wind blow, I’ll hear the name siblers, siblers!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

• Registered Users Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Podence or Foden?

Mane or Salah?

Sterling or KDB?

352?

343?

Decisions decisions....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Currently on this:

Martinez, Nyland
    TAA, James, Justin, Lamptey, Dunne
    Salah, De Bruyne, Son, Klich, Podence
    Werner, Richarlison, Brewster

0.2 in the bank. Really like this but I think the bench is too weak. Could downgrade TAA to Robertson, or even VVD. It feels scary to abandon Liverpool defence altogether...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

dahat wrote: »
    Podence or Foden?

Mane or Salah?

Sterling or KDB?

352?

343?

Decisions decisions....
    Brave man to go for Sterling over KDB when KDB is on penalties.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭BoysNoize

Very stuck on James, Auba and Olli Burke to Robertson, Son and Podence...

Any thoughts?

BoysNoize wrote: »
    Very stuck on James, Auba and Olli Burke to Robertson, Son and Podence...

Any thoughts?

2 all day

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Brave man to go for Sterling over KDB when KDB is on penalties.

Just on that, I had a look back at last year's stats. City had 11 penalties, KDB took 2. So now that he's penalty taker, that's potentially another 9 goals which would have brought him up to 22 goals and 22 assists :eek: - would have brought him to touching distance of 300 points.

Take it that some of the assists then would be removed (if he was taken down and scored the penalty), and we'll say he misses one or isn't on the field for some, you're still looking at him finishing about 280 which is about 50 ahead of Salah/Mane/Sterling/Aubumyang

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,661 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Just on that, I had a look back at last year's stats. City had 11 penalties, KDB took 2. So now that he's penalty taker, that's potentially another 9 goals which would have brought him up to 22 goals and 22 assists :eek: - would have brought him to touching distance of 300 points.

Take it that some of the assists then would be removed (if he was taken down and scored the penalty), and we'll say he misses one or isn't on the field for some, you're still looking at him finishing about 280 which is about 50 ahead of Salah/Mane/Sterling/Aubumyang

He only starting taking them after nearly everyone else in the team including Sterling missed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭eggy81

I have son kdb and hamez with mitro werner and ings up top. Wondering should I ditch son and downgrade a striker to get mane or salah. Think I'm happy to go this week without either and see how I get on given the fixtures. Opinions welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭macraignil

eggy81 wrote: »
    I have son kdb and hamez with mitro werner and ings up top. Wondering should I ditch son and downgrade a striker to get mane or salah. Think I'm happy to go this week without either and see how I get on given the fixtures. Opinions welcome.

I have Son in the team at the moment to see if I can get a price rise since I put him in at 8.9mill. He is over half way to another rise according to fplstatistics but I will likely sell him on Saturday morning to free up funds to upgrade elsewhere. It might be a mistake to take him out but I just feel that bringing him in is just chasing points and that I missed his best score last week and the funds will go to getting a more consistent points earner.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

tailgunner wrote: »
    Currently on this:

Martinez, Nyland
    TAA, James, Justin, Lamptey, Dunne
    Salah, De Bruyne, Son, Klich, Podence
    Werner, Richarlison, Brewster

0.2 in the bank. Really like this but I think the bench is too weak. Could downgrade TAA to Robertson, or even VVD. It feels scary to abandon Liverpool defence altogether...

I would consider that a fairly standard bench tbh. Dunne probably has a better chance of keeping his place than Mitchell. Plenty of people will have Klich and/or Podence in their starting team, both can be benched when necessary. Brewster if he gets a move will be the best fodder option, if you don't go with him you could be paying 1.0 more and only get Callum Robinson.

If you are set on a 4.0 keeper then that is your choice but I prefer to pay 0.5 extra for the ability to rotate. I have Martinez too but I dont think Villas CS potential is great, keep in mind they played nearly the full game against 10 men last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

Just played the WC , thoughts

Martinez

Robertson
    Lamptey
    Justin

Salah
    KDB
    James R
    Foden
    Son

Calvert Lewyin
    Werner

Brewster
    Steer
    Ferguson
    Dunne

• Registered Users Posts: 9,595 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Great to see so many familiar faces in here :pac:

Had a bit of a meh start (GW1 - 68, GW2 - 47) and feel that my squad needs an overhaul so getting ready to launch the wildy.

Need to change keepers - have the dreaded WBA double up at the moment....had assumed they would be solid and dull. I know there's not a lot of CS around so far but Johnstone will be returning minus figures soon I think.

Defence - went with TAA and Robbo and may keep them depending on how it affects budget elsewhere. Need to get rid of Dier, Douglas (who seems to have been kidnapped or something) and possibly KWP.

Midfield - already transferred in KDB for Auba; would like to get rid of ASM asap. Also have Salah, Reed and Soucek - might upgrade there if I get rid of Robbo.

Up top I have Martial (a panic buy last week), Werner and Mitrovic. Ideally would like DCL (if I don't get JamRod), Jiminez and will prob hold Werner or maybe bring in Brewster depending where he goes.

Anyway, that's where I'm at....will be my earliest ever wildcard but can't see the point in waiting for the sake of it, unless anyone has a strong argument for me to hold ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,595 ✭✭✭Cartman78

First draft:

Martinez | Nyland

TAA | Coady | Taylor | Lamptey | Mitchell

Klich | Salah | KDB | Zaha | Anguissa

Jiminez | DCL | Werner

Will pop Werner out right now to avoid the price drop but may well captain him at the weekend - or he might turn in Kane if I swap around Zaha for JamRod and DCL for Bamford

• Registered Users Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Really feel we're all being clouded by the Martinez display last night by getting him in with no alternative GK. Think I'll have to go with VVD over Robertson so I can get another 4.5 GK.

Really feel we're all being clouded by the Martinez display last night by getting him in with no alternative GK. Think I'll have to go with VVD over Robertson so I can get another 4.5 GK.

I don't like any of the 4.5m keepers or even the 5.0m ones. Think I may even have to do TAA to VVD and get a 5.5m and just set him and forget about it. I chucked Martinez into my team playing the wild card but he plays for Villa, they conceded 67 goals last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Raving_Magic

Hoping Brewster makes a move to someone in the next few weeks. To have a 4.5 striker on the bench who will get plenty of gametime leaving Liverpool would be a huge advantage to bring in better quality players to my team.

Advertisement