Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Should This be Reported?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,797 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

_Brian wrote: »
    Thats nice..
    But its not reality..

Many supervisors and middle managers are implementing what is being handed down from above be that good or a total shiitshow.

I've intentionally moved away from multinationals for this reason and manage elsewhere in the economy now...

I pushed back against unfair practice in the workplace like this and at a meeting where employees were being selected to be disciplined or managed out I was politely told "its them or its you". Thats when I kicked in my exit strategy..

Not reality in some cases...

I had a boss that sent an email to all the office staff that we were not to leave or enter the facility by the storeroom door, caught on camera it’s a disciplinary, we had to swipe in at the designated staff entrance/exit.... it was handier to use the storeroom: as the storeroom was under our office and it saved time and indeed a long walk around the building via a barley lit slip road to the barley lit car park at 1am when we finished ... incidentally the door also had a swipe.

Anyway day after day, people are doing as they are asked but noting this management dîckhead more often then not, ignoring his own rules and utilizing the shortcut to go on lunch or home or have a smoke. He was demanding we don’t use this door and threatening us with disciplinary.

Lots of other stuff with him, a ‘do as I tell you, not as I do’ merchant.

Those types of people drive you nuts in jobs. Leaders need to set the tone and lead by example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

This makes no sense, she will only bring trouble on herself by putting it on the record with HR. Buy a diary, keep notes and contact your solicitor and have them witness then at time intervals so that there is a record of events or make notes and email them to her own personal account to have date stamps. HR knew about the redundancy threat and it was withdrawn when she called their bluff. If it comes up again get them to email her the reasons for the redundancy and details of the alternative role they are offering her. Also what terms are there for the actual redundancy. Get it in writing and take it then come back as contractor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭cannotlogin

Gervais08 wrote: »
    That’s not true. Yeah overall the company may be their overarching priority but enough people registered complaints about my manager that he went - for the good of the company sure, but we benefitted.

I can never thank HR enough.

Just on this. HR were still protecting the company rather than the employees. There must have been sufficient evidence that leaving the manager in unchallenged was the treat to the company. The employees mental health etc, is a secondary issue. He was removed because he was a risk for the company.

Advertisement