Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020/2021 Premier League Injuries and Suspensions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Shanee. wrote: »
    Barca you say? Who from the Barca front 3 other than Messi would get into the Liverpool team?

Which full backs (as a pair) are better than Robbo and Trent? The way the game has evolved in the last few years full backs are more attacking and it’s one of their strongest attribute

Might not always play in that position due to their versatility, but I'd take Alaba and Kimmich any day of the week at those positions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭eggy81

titan18 wrote: »
    Might not always play in that position due to their versatility, but I'd take Alaba and Kimmich any day of the week at those positions

Didn't he say best full backs in the league?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Shanee.

titan18 wrote: »

That’s like saying I’d take Messi as a right midfielder due to his versatility might not play there but still. There’s a reason Trent and Robertson were voted the best RB & LB in the league for the last 2 seasons. And also the UEFA team of the year as previously mentioned.

Anyway, going without one of Robertson or Trent is a brave move IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Shanee. wrote: »
    That’s like saying I’d take Messi as a right midfielder due to his versatility might not play there but still. There’s a reason Trent and Robertson were voted the best RB & LB in the league for the last 2 seasons. And also the UEFA team of the year as previously mentioned.

Anyway, going without one of Robertson or Trent is a brave move IMO

I've had both from the off and not moving. Both will get substantial attacking returns and a decent amount of clean sheets. Double clean sheets midweek. TAA had a FK last week that wasn't too far away. And it's much easier with set-and-forget players. Way less room to make regrettable transfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Kun gone for a month ?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/54699507
    Manchester City will be without record goalscorer Sergio Aguero against Marseille on Tuesday and the striker could be out for a month.

Aguero, 32, playing just his third game since recovering from a knee operation, sustained a muscle problem and was taken off at half-time at West Ham in the Premier League on Saturday.

Asked how long the Argentine - who had knee surgery in June - would be out, City boss Pep Guardiola said: "It depends on the injury. When it is minimum it will be 10-15 days. If it is longer it will be three weeks to a month. I don't know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Rikand wrote: »

Classic Pep, gives a range of 10 days to a month. I’d say he’ll be back for gameweek 9 after international break. Seems Jesus could be back around then too based on what I’ve read.

Classic Pep, gives a range of 10 days to a month. I’d say he’ll be back for gameweek 9 after international break. Seems Jesus could be back around then too based on what I’ve read.

I normally hate going without KDB but with Aguero and Jesus injured I'm not really fearing it as much as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,525 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Digne van reduced to one game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Digne van reduced to one game.

From the makers of the Henderbus, we bring you..
    The Digne Van :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Islander13 wrote: »
    Fabinho can do a job and theres the Xmas window

Fabinho off injured now - some 19 year old on in his place - double pool defence is being tested these days ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Castagne (Leicester) injured and out until after the international break.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/54649520

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Castagne (Leicester) injured and out until after the international break.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/54649520

Was wondering why he was not in the squad tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 12,026 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Antonio out for a month apparently

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Antonio out for a month apparently

Liverpool double defence just got a lot more encouraging for the weekend.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Liverpool double defence just got a lot more encouraging for the weekend.

Opting for double Chelsea myself, tempted to go for a -8 and bring in TAA or Robbo, because of the Antonio news, but at the moment, trying to avoid big hits on transfers....already planning on benching bamford.

Opting for double Chelsea myself, tempted to go for a -8 and bring in TAA or Robbo, because of the Antonio news, but at the moment, trying to avoid big hits on transfers....already planning on benching bamford.

What do you think the chances are of Rudiger getting back into the PL team, he played there in the CL mid week and at 4.6m would be a steal

Ace2007 wrote: »
    What do you think the chances are of Rudiger getting back into the PL team, he played there in the CL mid week and at 4.6m would be a steal

He was being offered to everyone on a loan a few weeks back so I suspect he's a good bit down the pecking order.

Castagne out for Leicester so bamford bench is risky

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Castagne out for Leicester so bamford bench is risky

Kinda hit a panic button.... Took a -12 but clicked bench boost, so now I'm including bamford, TAA and Robbo and Ryan as my starting 15 !!

So hopefully Chelsea and Liverpool can keep clean sheets .

He was being offered to everyone on a loan a few weeks back so I suspect he's a good bit down the pecking order.

Yea but saw that him and lamps had a heart to heart during the week and then next thing he's starting a CL game. Here's hoping anyway :)

• Advertisement

Ancelotti rules Rodriguez out of the Newcastle game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Ancelotti rules Rodriguez out of the Newcastle game

We've been here before I fear!

Pogue eile wrote: »
    We've been here before I fear!
    HE's one of the better ones, this time last week he said that he had a good chance of playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

• Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Why no news on James Rodríguez

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Sawduck wrote: »
    Why no news on James Rodríguez

Look a few posts up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,617 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Was listening to Football Weekly podcast earlier on there and James Richardson mentioned that JamRod is out with a bruised testicle from the Liverpool match.

A pain in the balls for all involved

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Was listening to Football Weekly podcast earlier on there and James Richardson mentioned that JamRod is out with a bruised testicle from the Liverpool match.

A pain in the balls for all involved

Is he back for this weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,202 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

https://twitter.com/TeleFootball/status/1323203361760514050?s=20

Ings injury not feared to be as bad as first thought.

Think I'll leave him in, chance starting him this weekend with the international break the week after. Hope he'll be back even after.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,202 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

https://twitter.com/TeleFootball/status/1323203361760514050?s=20

Ings injury not feared to be as bad as first thought.

Think I'll leave him in, chance starting him this weekend with the international break the week after. Hope he'll be back even after.

https://twitter.com/AdamBlackmore/status/1323225848586055681?s=20

Advertisement