Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loan offer query

Options
  • 30-10-2020 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭

I’m checking my loan offer. At the very end it states a balance of funds necessary to complete the transaction. When I add those funds to the amount I’m borrowing, it gives me a figure of 8k over the value of the house I’m buying. I will speak with my broker and solicitor tomorrow, but has someone seen something similar?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Uncle Mclovin

Probably an estimate to cover stamp duty, solicitor costs etc. associated with the sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cubatahavana

Probably an estimate to cover stamp duty, solicitor costs etc. associated with the sale.

Makes sense

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭itsusuallyjazz

My broker advised that at the time of draw down I needed to be able to cover
    the deposit,
    the stamp duty
    solicitors fees.

He says drawdown wouldn't be allowed without these funds being available

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cubatahavana

My broker advised that at the time of draw down I needed to be able to cover
    the deposit,
    the stamp duty
    solicitors fees.

He says drawdown wouldn't be allowed without these funds being available

Again, this makes sense
    Thanks

Advertisement