Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there anyway to get an account un-restricted?

Options
  • 01-12-2019 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭

I guess I’m asking for the impossible?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Why is it restricted ?

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

None, get used to it the best advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Always Tired

Why would they put a restriction in place if you could just get it unrestricted? What would be the point? Kind of a daft question. You should still be fine betting in the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Just go to ur local betting office ffs

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Just go to ur local betting office ffs

Certain markets in particular overnight markets not available in shops.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

lemush wrote: »
    Certain markets in particular overnight markets not available in shops.

Bar One will take bets for racing the night before as long as its available on their website.

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Bar One will take bets for racing the night before as long as its available on their website.

Not many bar ones around though. None near me for 30 miles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Use an exchange

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Gautama

STB. wrote: »
    Why is it restricted ?

I don't know, Flo, why they have been restricted.

Set email, "no BOG, etc". Never any reason why.

abarkie wrote: »
    Use an exchange

Poor each way value on Matchbook and BetFair.

• Advertisement

Why would they put a restriction in place if you could just get it unrestricted? What would be the point? Kind of a daft question. You should still be fine betting in the shop.

It happened with my BetVictor account. I withdrew my funds, ignored the account for a year or so, then re-lodged some funds, had winners, BOG applied, etc., etc. Seemed to happen by chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

BetVictor very strict at limiting/restricting accounts going by previous experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭BoldReason

It's not worth the time or effort to try and ask any questions on that just open an account with another bookmaker if you can do that? But if you are also successful with them expect the same treatment.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭mick malones mauser

Had the problem with Paddy Power a few years back
    Changed to Bet 365 ...no problems so far

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Changed to Bet 365 ...no problems so far

Give it time...

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭REFLINE1

Not that hard to set up another account or get a friend or relations account, obviously wont last forever if your winning but then just go again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

If you are lumping on you will have to get on the exchanges. Otherwise you will need to use cash in the shops, that might not stop a shop ringing in a biggie either. Or of course go racing on track. On track bookies will always accommodate you, they are in the game and are more than happy to know where the money is going.

All online bookies track every penny you spend, well a computer does. Any irregularities are escalated and restrictions are placed, they are not in the business of losing money.

The other option is to check out the Asian markets like Hong Kong or Macau. some of them will take money ( heaps of it ) on European racing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

A growing trend (with shops) will be the use of FRSystems to spot your mug and tell you:
    'Da komputer, it say Nein' - Before you even ask to put a crisp monkey on a lucky donkey.

Some already use it (perfectly legally), and is mentioned in their terms of use/store policy, and would apply to all and every branch.
    In the future, this data could well be co-shared or exchanged across all operators, to banish any folks considered simply lucky or well informed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭BoldReason

Worth noting that bet fair exchange has reduced their commission in line with other exchanges to 2% if you are willing to sacrifice specials on the sports book such as BOG and actually being able to place a bet :) . That is if you still have those specials.

Found i have started having a few more bets there again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

The thing with exchanges is that you will be getting the best price available all the time.

If you are on a trier which is industry priced at around 20's in the morning you will easily be able to start hoovering up what is being laid. It just depends on how much equity (how big the market is) there is available.

If there is an overnight price on big races of huge odds this will indicate there is available equity on the exchanges. If the bookie is offering 66/1 on 28 runner sprint handicap you can be sure of finding ample 3 figure prices for the same nag on the exchanges. Granted win only, but you will get place markets as well if you want to insure your bet.

The exchange markets essentially are the biggest indicator of where the money is on.

• Advertisement
Advertisement