If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Query - Denon Reciever problem

Options
  • 23-07-2017 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭

Wondering if someone could help me out, I bought a denon amp with 5.1 monitor surround speakers around a year ago from yourselves. I keep losing sound in the Front Right speaker. I've put a multi meter on the cable to rule out any break in the cable, no issue.

The weird thing is if I strip back and terminate new cable into the speaker it will work for few days and then when I do a speaker test tone in a few day it will be gone again.

Really has me scratching my head, I've swapped it with another speaker also and same issue.

Have u any idea what might be causing this?

Cheers

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,146 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

eireyiddo wrote: »
    Wondering if someone could help me out, I bought a denon amp with 5.1 monitor surround speakers around a year ago from yourselves. I keep losing sound in the Front Right speaker. I've put a multi meter on the cable to rule out any break in the cable, no issue.

The weird thing is if I strip back and terminate new cable into the speaker it will work for few days and then when I do a speaker test tone in a few day it will be gone again.

Really has me scratching my head, I've swapped it with another speaker also and same issue.

Have u any idea what might be causing this?

Cheers
    Hi Eireyiddo.

Could you drop me a PM with your full name so I can find you on our system please.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Eire,

that really is a strange one and assuming that when you rig up the temporary speaker cable and a different speaker the issue persists then the only common item is the Denon AVR so I think we would have to have that back to get it checked out for you.

In advance of that I'd suggest that you swap the Left and Right front speaker outputs on your Denon AVR to completely eliminate the potential of an issue along either the cable run or indeed with the Mass speaker - you can sometimes get an issue when a speaker will go OC but will work 95% of the time and TBH this sounds somewhat like that issue - if you were getting a dead short I'd think that the Denon would go into protect mode.

Try swapping the speaker outputs around and see if the issue follows the speakers or indeed if the other channel of the amp cuts out??  

..and keep us posted :)

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

Eireyiddo,

I've given your query a thread of its own - it was a bit lost in the Charter thread, that's not a suitable place to post a query.

There's no problem opening a new thread on this forum for a new query, we only request that people don't open multiple threads for the same query - that can really cause problems !

Cheers,

Ritz.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,146 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

The Ritz wrote: »
    Mod Comment

Eireyiddo,

I've given your query a thread of its own - it was a bit lost in the Charter thread, that's not a suitable place to post a query.

There's no problem opening a new thread on this forum for a new query, we only request that people don't open multiple threads for the same query - that can really cause problems !

Cheers,

Ritz.
    Thanks Ritz

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.