Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Landlord between tenants

Options
  • 21-07-2017 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭

A property that I have let out has become vacant,  The ESB has been put back into our names but it has taken longer than usual to fill it and our first bill, received today, is €394.
    This consists of an estimated reading (which is too high) and a €300 'deposit.
    My question is, if I supply the correct meter reading and then complete a direct debit mandate, will the correct amount be taken out of my account?  I do not want to fill out the mandate atm as I am worried that the €300 deposit will automatically be taken out as it appears on my bill.  In a short time  will be switching account over to new tenant and I would have no way of recouping this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi there,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Yes - that is correct.

Once you set up on direct debit, the security deposit will be removed. You can set the direct debit up online or by calling 1850 372 372 (Monday to Saturday, 8am to 8pm).

Although we are unable to take bank details over Social Media for account security reasons, we can correct your bill with the correct meter reading.

If you would like us to do this for you, please send us a private message with the following information:
    • Your full name
    • Your account number
    • The first line of your address
    • Your contact number or date of birth
    • Confirmation you are the account holder (Yes/No)

Alternatively, you can submit a meter reading online if you have an Electric Ireland Online Billing account.

We recommend submitting the meter reading before setting up your direct debit.

Please let us know if we can assist you any further.

Thanks,
    Aoife

________

Advertisement