Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fuel. Dublin.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

That's fantastic. Still 1.39 around my parts for petrol!!!!

Paid 1.39 in Johnstown, Co. Kilkenny yesterday - had to - Was on motorway, no other choice but to come off and pay it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭beachhead

Circle K(Topaz)are always expensive followed by Esso and Maxol.Applegreen are the cheapest at the moment - but not all garages.Suprised that Ushers Quay is not the cheapest.D4 Fuels in Ballsbridge good price but diesel only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Well Circle K in Donnybrook is the cheapest for petrol I've seen in a long time! (I think someone posted about somewhere cheaper further out the Stillorgan dualler).

It all seems to be very random and varied lately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Well Circle K in Donnybrook is the cheapest for petrol I've seen in a long time! (I think someone posted about somewhere cheaper further out the Stillorgan dualler).

It all seems to be very random and varied lately.

Applegreen Stillorgan have knocked another 1c off both so Diesel now down to 118.5 and petrol 122.5.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Cheapest I have seen was on the n7 leaving dublin: Diesel @ 117.5 and the next garage (the newly rebuilt applegreen) was 118.5 for diesel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭ruddy1987

Diesel

Applegreen
    Clonskeagh Rd, Clonskeagh 118.8c

Circle K
    126 Sandford Rd, Ranelagh, D6 118.8c

D4 Fuels
    Northumberland Rd, Ballsbridge 118.9c

Applegreen
    N11 Southbound, Mount Merrion 119.5c

Circle K
    N11 Northbound, Mount Merrion 119.5c

Topaz
    Kennelsfort Road, Palmerstown 119.8c

Petrol

Circle K
    N11 Northbound, Mount Merrion 122.5c

Applegreen
    Clonskeagh Rd, Clonskeagh 122.8c

Circle K
    126 Sandford Rd, Ranelagh, D6 122.8c

Topaz
    Ushers Quay, Dublin 8 122.9c

Applegreen
    N11 Southbound, Mount Merrion 123.5c

Diesel

Applegreen
    N11 Southbound, Mount Merrion 119.5c

Petrol
    Applegreen
    N11 Southbound, Mount Merrion 123.5c

Both reduced by 1c earlier today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭iniall

This morning:
    Circle K West Pier, Dun Laoghaire 1.33.
    Circle K Mt Merrion (on the N11) 1.22.
    (Petrol)

That's some difference in price within about 6km from each other.

K Circle N11 Stillorgan is actually 122.80.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭grounderfill

Circle K outbound at chapelizod bypass going west befor palmerstown.
    Diesel - 1.17.9
    Petrol - 122.9

• Registered Users Posts: 22 del23

Circle K Rathcoole on n7 diesel-1.16 minus 5 cent with app = 1.11 would say thats cheap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

del23 wrote: »
    Circle K Rathcoole on n7 diesel-1.16 minus 5 cent with app = 1.11 would say thats cheap

When does that offer end?

Seve OB wrote: »
    When does that offer end?
    Not sure,can't find it anywhere online. Next time I will ask them. Somebody mentioned earlier its running till end of January

Not sure,can't find it anywhere online. Next time I will ask them. Somebody mentioned earlier its running till end of January

Thanks.
    Is that on your key tag also or just the app. I used it with key tag just after Christmas

Thanks.
    Is that on your key tag also or just the app. I used it with key tag just after Christmas

Well,it says app,but I would say key tag will work,because its the same thing really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

End March, I thought but can't find it online. Is it sufficient to just install Circle K app on phone?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

KOR101 wrote: »
    End March, I thought but can't find it online. Is it sufficient to just install Circle K app on phone?

No mention of any 5c off offer in my Circle K app.

its only for that location at Kill as far as I know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,106 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

How do you use the app to get 5 cent off?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Applegreen Stillorgan reduced again last night by another cent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭ROVER

Applegreen Clonskeagh petrol 121.8 c

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

xpletiv wrote:
    Bledy circle k out by me is 1.39.... rip off git of a manager there!!

Unless it's a dealership, managers have no control over pricing. They have "wetstock analysis" for that :).

Circle k and applegreen in my road, both 1.205 and 1.285.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

Applegreen Swords was 1.219 for diesel yesterday, Circle K on the Navan rd was 1.339

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

killanena wrote: »
    Circle k and applegreen in my road, both 1.205 and 1.285.

Where is this killanena?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Circle k Maynooth 1.33 diesel petrol 1.34

How do you use the app to get 5 cent off?

there is a bill board on the n7 heading out of town with info
    also some notices on the pumps

money came off when I scanned at till

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭horse7

Could you possibly post these prices on pumps.ie website,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Got unleaded at Applegreen last night for 1.22, 2 x Circle K within 1km of it were 1.35 and 1.37. Whats going on? These huge price discrepencies have been happening now since the last few days of December. Almost three weeks on the excuse that the dearer stations are still selling older higher priced fuel is surely redundant by now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭wiz569

118.8 and 122.8 in Applegreen Jobstown D24

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭rx8

Filled up today at the Apple Green at Stewards hospital on the N4, 116.8 for Diesel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,106 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Got unleaded at Applegreen last night for 1.22, 2 x Circle K within 1km of it were 1.35 and 1.37. Whats going on? These huge price discrepencies have been happening now since the last few days of December. Almost three weeks on the excuse that the dearer stations are still selling older higher priced fuel is surely redundant by now.

Can't blame them from trying to make as much as they can, lots of people don't look at prices when filling up. My advice is vote with your feet.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Yes, the fuel market is all over the place. Hard to know whether there are now competitive issues in the market, or whether it will settle down when punters respond by switching stations.

What was one of the cheapest petrol stations in Ireland, Emo station across from James Hospital, 123.5 for Diesel and 127.5 for Petrol today.

One of the lads in Applegreen Stillorgan told me they reckon they are now one of the busiest petrol stations in Dublin.
    Amazing what cheap prices will do for trade!

You'd really wonder at times about the waffle from fuel stations. Some years ago when Circle K was Topaz, they actually increased the price of unleaded twice in one day. Yesterday morning they're diesel was 1.219. In the afternoon it was 1.229. This evening it's 1.209.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,144 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Circle K in blanch village was a shocking €1.42 tonight for unleaded. The one in Coolmine and the Applegreen in Clonsilla were still expensive at €1.37

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭konline

Petrol 126.8 at Circle K in old N2, close to Kilshane Cross, it's 137 in Coolmine Circle K :(

Oh comeon guys. When I need petrol, in Dublin 8, I first go on pumps.ie, and then go to the cheapest......Usher Quay, KCR, or Kilmainham.

KOR101 wrote: »
    Oh comeon guys. When I need petrol, in Dublin 8, I first go on pumps.ie, and then go to the cheapest......Usher Quay, KCR, or Kilmainham.

K Circle Stillorgan Dual Carraigeway price matched Applegreen Stillorgan tonight again.
    Diesel 117.5 and Petrol 121.5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Can't blame them from trying to make as much as they can, lots of people don't look at prices when filling up. My advice is vote with your feet.

You'd nearly wonder are some owners leaving prices high as a strategy to see what they can get away with. As you say plenty of people dont look at prices, maybe operators are counting on that in the hope of having more profitable customers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

horse7 wrote: »
    Could you possibly post these prices on pumps.ie website,
    Agreed use this aswell. I presume that development of this has stopped?
    Applegreen puplish the prices of all their stations on their website https://www.applegreenstores.com/locations/. I see behind the site they have an API to pull the full prices. Would be nice to see this integrated into pumps.ie and other garages companies offering a similar API.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭horse7

It's up to the individual motorist to post the latest price on pumps.ie, please post your price there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

I understand that and as I said I use it and update it myself regularly.

I was wondering does anyone know if development has stopped on it? If it hasnt, AppleGreen provide an API with all their garages prices available to pull on request and this could be integrated into Pumps.ie. Then there would be no need for manual updates for AppleGreen garages.

there is a bill board on the n7 heading out of town with info
    also some notices on the pumps

money came off when I scanned at till

Got the 5c off in kill last night with the app,
    saved 2e :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Topaz on Usher's Quay 1.19 for petrol this morning. Can't remember diesel price but it was very low as well.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Topaz on Usher's Quay 1.19 for petrol this morning. Can't remember diesel price but it was very low as well.
    Pumps.ie has Ushers Quay at 127.9c on the 17th Jan.

• Advertisement

rushfan wrote:
    You'd really wonder at times about the waffle from fuel stations. Some years ago when Circle K was Topaz, they actually increased the price of unleaded twice in one day. Yesterday morning they're diesel was 1.219. In the afternoon it was 1.229. This evening it's 1.209.

And coming back from the school run this morning it's 1.199. Now 1.229 , diesel. Nuts.

Difference between the cheapest and dearest petrol stations close to me is staggering.
    If price differences remain as is (which I know is unlikely), I would save over €500 a year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,654 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Applegreen N7 Keatingpark (just past Rathcoole) 114.9 for diesel, 121.9 petrol this afternoon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 97 ✭✭Gun Monkey

Got the 5c off in kill last night with the app,
    saved 2e :D

Did you just download the app and create an account or did you need a fuel card to avail?
    Tnx

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭grounderfill

€1.129 for diesel in apple green cherry Orchard this evening. Had to look twice as I couldn't believe it

• Advertisement
Advertisement