Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Yeah, and when you add in the remarks made by Cellino's sons on social media it really makes the club look like it's run by a bunch of Neanderthals. Which to be honest it most probably is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

I'm taking a back seat in supporting the club I've loved for over 40 years until that man is gone. I can take poor results and relegations, but I can't be associated with a board like we have at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Trend Setter in Training

1-0 up now thanks to a Wood penalty. Lots of talk on Twitter that SE was waving goodbye before the game with tears in his eyes...

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Trend Setter in Training

1-1 in the 93 min... why am I surprised

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,476 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

1-1 in the 93 min... why am I surprised

Ah sure finish the season in true standard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,476 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

1-0 up now thanks to a Wood penalty. Lots of talk on Twitter that SE was waving goodbye before the game with tears in his eyes...

I hope this sin't true, think they should keep him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭championc

Mushy wrote:
    Ah sure finish the season in true standard.

Bloody Wootton again. Hopefully we'll finally move him out this window. I think his contract is up in Jan anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Shlippery

From
    5MSaiTf.jpg
    to
    JdvPNfg.jpg

Be sad to see him go if today was his last game.

Just like McDermott and Redders we could be losing someone who actually cares about the team, but without stability we're not going to get anywhere. :(

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/leeds-united-antenucci-confirms-elland-road-exit-1-7898920

That's Antenucci on the way out, Bailey Peacock still to decide if he'll sign another 2 years.

1tEm24P.jpg

I hope it's Evans last game with us. An utterly classless conman like him should have nothing to do with the tradition of Leeds, I was mortified to see him patrolling the sidelines at ER. He was lucky to be associated with such a great of the game, he was punching way out of his ample weight. I don't care if he wasn't the worst, though as I said above I am aware that he was a laughing stock in the dressing room. I'd have Grayson back in a heartbeat, Leeds through and through, decent man and decent manager. I don't think the club would have done any worse with him at the helm, but even if they did I'd tolerate it because it would be the right thing. But don't see Grayson, or any decent manager, agreeing to manage under this regime of insanity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭fanzhiyidan

Between Wootton, Bellusci and Silvestri having absolute brain farts this season, they must have directly cost Leeds 15-20 points out of pure moments of individual sh1te. I suppose at least the keeper has also earned points through his performances this season which cannot be said for the other two wage stealers.
    Hopefully they'll both be gone sooner rather than later.

Fair enough that happening once or twice a season across the whole team but 7-10 times in a single season is just a sign of poor players who have trouble concentrating for 90 minutes twice a week.
    God help anyone that tries to coach them during the week, must be a nightmare trying to get them to concentrate long enough to get ideas to stick.

Could also throw Bamba in there for a good 5-6 points too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Its looking more and more likely that Evans is going. I understand fans not liking him. Im not very fond of him myself. I find him too mouthy, but he has done a decent job (not spectacular) and I personally believe he deserves another crack at it.

If I had any faith in Cellino to actually go out and get a decent manager then I might think differently but I think most of us understand that Cellino wants a yes man coach. So with that in mind id have Evans over that option any day.

I also think that some of the attitudes of the players this season has been incredibly bad. like mentioned previously some of the players have cost us a lot of points from some of the worst individual errors I have ever seen in one season from a Leeds team and its no surprise they tend to be Cellino signings.

I mean Antenucci yesterday not celebrating a goal from Wood because Wood took a penalty Antenucci wanted is just down right childish and shows just some of the bad attitude from players in the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭J Cheever Loophole

Its looking more and more likely that Evans is going. I understand fans not liking him. Im not very fond of him myself. I find him too mouthy, but he has done a decent job (not spectacular) and I personally believe he deserves another crack at it.

I'd have to say that I actually do like him. To me, he brings a passion to the role that shows he genuinely cares, which is a lot more than you can say for some of those out on the pitch.

As someone pointed out above, the team has essentially been undone by basic, basic, unforced errors from a number of individuals which reflects the level of ability within the squad. These players predate Evans' arrival at the Club. They are not his players. In that context, a mid table finish under him is not something to be sniffed at.

I'd love him to stay on, not because of any guarantee that things will improve, but rather in recognition of the fact that some sort of stability has to be a prerequisite for moving things forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

I'd have to say that I actually do like him. To me, he brings a passion to the role that shows he genuinely cares, which is a lot more than you can say for some of those out on the pitch.

...... These players predate Evans' arrival at the Club. They are not his players. In that context, a mid table finish under him is not something to be sniffed at.

I'd love him to stay on, not because of any guarantee that things will improve, but rather in recognition of the fact that some sort of stability has to be a prerequisite for moving things forward.

I'd be for giving him another year - the 2 defeats around the start of new year effectively scuppered his plans to put some of his own players into the squad and he had to suck it up with the lot he'd inherited.

Seems chances of stability are out the window.

For those opposed to Evans, what do you make of our other options? I can't see the reasoning in some of the choices Cellino looks to be choosing from, how are any of these better than Steve Evans?

John Sheridan, Oldham 17th in League One, getting them to 6th place for League 1 playoffs in '07 being his high point, then next in line Zenga

"The former shotstopper has managed 16 different clubs since pursuing a coaching career in 1998, most notably Sampdoria who sacked the Italian after only 14 games in charge last year."

Next in line..

Wootton out of contract in Jan AFAIK.

In other news, Cellino appealed and won his Range Rover Tax case. The car will be returned to him.

So that's the FL potential ban quashed. However, the Cagliari stadium case starts on 18th May but no doubt, that will run and run

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

None of the supposed favourites in the betting for new manager fill me with confidence. If I had the choice I would keep Evans despite his very questionable characteristics! He didn't get the chance to bring in any of his own players and was scuppered by a huge amount of individual mistakes that cost us a lot of points. He deserves a pre-season to put a team together and see how it goes.

He could stay for a whole season and Cellini's statistical average would still be intact :)

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I dislike Evans intensely as an individual and I would rather he wasn't associated with the club. However he's shown that it is possible to stabilise things if the manager isn't sacked after half a dozen games, and he did so with no additional resources and quite a few under-achievers. So at this point Cellino needs to accept that he's not going to do any better than Evans, give him some money to spend on players he wants and let him get on with the job unhindered for at least the first 3 months of next season. He's certainly done enough since he took over to merit at least that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭fanzhiyidan

I reluctantly agree with you in the light of the managers who've been linked.

• Advertisement

So we have a new shirt sponsor - 32Red !!!

At least it will be written in Blue :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

championc wrote: »
    So we have a new shirt sponsor - 32Red !!!

At least it will be written in Blue :)

Should be a decent income from them. Cellino saying again today that he's happy to sell as he's so unloved in England. Just wants to be adored, the poor man. He'll have the backing of the fans if he sells soon or spends €20+ properly with a good manager. Moving from controversy to controversy and talking to the papers every second day won't get him much love. He's done some very good things but so much bad that it gets lost in the mud. Next season would be a good one to have a go imo as Villa, Newcastle and Norwich this year might be the worst 3 to go down in a good while. All will struggle to get back up (although Newcastle can change that quicker than the other 2).

Interested to see Brighton in the play-offs. Tough to finish so far ahead of the rest and so close to top 2 and now in a lotto system. Derby or Hull can hammer anyone on their day.

I reluctantly agree with you in the light of the managers who've been linked.

Just thinking about that now after I had a nice day dream about Quique Sanchez Flores taking us up next year. Looked at managers without a club currently hat have worked in Championship or are young enough to possibly move down to it: Nigel Pearson, Tim Sherwood, Gary Monk, Steve McLaren, Gary McAllister, Steve Clarke, Paul Clement, Roberto Di Matteo, Neil Lennon, Dougie Freedman, Dennis Wise, Sinsa Mihajlovic. Others on betting market are Roberto Martinez, Brendan Rogers, Chris Coleman, David O'Leary, David Moyes, Simon Grayson, Mick McCarthy, Michael Appleton, Karl Robinson, Fabio Cannavaro, John Sheridan, Roberto Mancini (WTF?!?!?) and my day dream man Quique Sanchez Flores.

Some serious talent in there but I'm sure it'll come down to a race between Sheridan and Michael Appleton or other boring names. Would really, really love to see about half of those names given the job and free reign with a decent budget. Can only dream....

Cellino saying again today that he's happy to sell as he's so unloved in England...

Does he not realise that, at this stage, the insanity is actually just boring. As are his constant references to selling, as if anyone believes it, or maybe we thinks we should be holding his legs and saying "oh please, please don't go"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Does he not realise that, at this stage, the insanity is actually just boring. As are his constant references to selling, as if anyone believes it, or maybe we thinks we should be holding his legs and saying "oh please, please don't go"

The guy is a narcissist/sociopath. I honestly believe that he believes everything he is saying is the truth. Its just that any rationally thinking person can see through the bvllsh1t. I really hope this is the end but I really dont think it will be. I think a lot of what he says and does is a way of buying himself more time in the hope that things will improve and the fans will be less angry by all the crazy antics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Just thinking about that now after I had a nice day dream about Quique Sanchez Flores taking us up next year. Looked at managers without a club currently hat have worked in Championship or are young enough to possibly move down to it: Nigel Pearson, Tim Sherwood, Gary Monk, Steve McLaren, Gary McAllister, Steve Clarke, Paul Clement, Roberto Di Matteo, Neil Lennon, Dougie Freedman, Dennis Wise, Sinsa Mihajlovic. Others on betting market are Roberto Martinez, Brendan Rogers, Chris Coleman, David O'Leary, David Moyes, Simon Grayson, Mick McCarthy, Michael Appleton, Karl Robinson, Fabio Cannavaro, John Sheridan, Roberto Mancini (WTF?!?!?) and my day dream man Quique Sanchez Flores.

Some serious talent in there but I'm sure it'll come down to a race between Sheridan and Michael Appleton or other boring names. Would really, really love to see about half of those names given the job and free reign with a decent budget. Can only dream....

Big Mick would be my dream appointment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Cellino, Leeds & Agent Derek Day have been charged by the FA for breaching football agent regulations regarding the transfer of Ross Mc Cormack to Fulham. Hopefully a ban for Mr C. that might see him scuttle off back to where he came from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Anyone excited about Darrell Clarke (Bristol Rovers) taking the reins at ER ? .. back to back promotions with BR and a spell with Salisbury City ... Karl Robinson had the common sense to turn us down .. I despair I really do ..

Anyone taking over with Cellino in charge can't be a manager to get excited about. The way he's treated Evans and the fans with a lack of information or consideration since the season ended means that anyone taking the job is in it for the money or has severe mental issues.

• Advertisement

DoctaDee wrote: »
    Anyone excited about Darrell Clarke (Bristol Rovers) taking the reins at ER ? .. back to back promotions with BR and a spell with Salisbury City ... Karl Robinson had the common sense to turn us down .. I despair I really do ..

That's a good run, he could keep Leeds up despite the owner...

Waahaay!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement