Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Demons Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭rossism

i have two of the talisman of god.The first i got in 2-1 although i cant remember where. The second was in 4-1, i think.

Anyone else notice a lack of online play? i can never find the blue soul signs used to summon players, and i find it rare that anyone summons me.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭*Hank Scorpio*

Was gona buy the Asian version for my b/day from yesasia.com. 47euro, free shipping.

2 questions: Is the korean version different from the asian version. It's a euro cheaper :p
    Also, is there custom duty to be paid?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Managed to Kill the Tower Knight there, after avoiding him for a while. Wasnt too bad now that im a higher level. Also can kill red eyes in 1-1 in melee combat too, which is nice. Farming sharpstones now, so i can upgrade to a Winged Spear +6, but im not sure if i want to upgrade it to the Moon Spear, as my magical stats are crap.

Really enjoying it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

2 questions: Is the korean version different from the asian version. It's a euro cheaper :p
    Also, is there custom duty to be paid?

Only diff is the asian versions manual is in english, korean one is in korean. Got the korean one myself, english speaking, never really bother with manuals so was fine by my standards. Got mine from ebay and paid SFA duty, never got anything from playasia.

Kiith I'm not concentrating magic at all, its only about 20 compared to dexterity and strength which is about 35, and the moon winged spear is miles ahead of any other weapon i have.

Oh yeah apparently pure bladestone is one of the hardest things to get in the game, i was searching through google last night and came across an ebay auction of some guy willing to meet up online and drop the pure bladestone for you, all for only 200 phillipino dollars. Its gone the way of WOW..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Ok I'm having a hard time on the spider, I have no ranged weapons or magic really so need to move towards it and melee. However the spider either quickly crushes me or gets me with her fire blast.

Looking at a list of the requirements to kill her online:

* Total Protection
    * Soul Light
    * Ring of Flame Resistance
    * White Bow + White arrows
    * Sticky White Stuff

I have none of that stuff :o Also, the sticky white stuff, where can I buy it?

• Advertisement

I did'nt even attempt to melee the spider. Best off getting the flame shield a decent bow, 4-1 has a vendor(you'll have to rescue him first) who sells longbows and the compound long bow is around there.

Sticky stuff, I think the vendor in 3-1 sells it. you can pick it up by the bucketload off the leeches in 4-2. Water veil would be handy against him i suppose, it reduces fire damage. I've 3 whitebows, if i could figure out how to invade games and drop it for ya, i'd do it, the 3 are pretty tough to get. Total protection you should be able to get it by trading in the tower knights soul. Ring of flame resistance is on one of the bodies by both dragons. You'll need the 3-1 boss's soul for soul light.

I was wrong patches sells sticky white stuff, its 5000 souls a pop.

to invade other games you need to get the red eye stone.You can get one by defeating a black phantom that has invaded your game.

Co-op
    In Demon's Souls, players can team up with 3 other players online to form a group of 4 adventurers for a single level! The host (must be in physical body form) needs to find a blue text marker (which is left by players in soul form using "Blue Eye Stone"). You can check how many times that player was online and their ranking score percentage. Then you can choose to summon that player, he will show up in its "blue" phantom form. After beating a demon boss, the blue phantoms will be granted their physical body back, but will not progress in the story (for example you will not get trophy for beating the boss in blue phantom form, you have to beat it in your own game).

All four players receive Souls for their hard work and can team up to take out Bosses even faster and with better efficiency, but it appears that you may only play Co-Op in levels that have not been rid of their Boss Demon yet. When the Boss Demon in the Host's game is complete, the two Phantom adventurers who joined the Host's adventure return to their own adventures where they left off. As the Co-Op game ends, each player is permitted to rate the other player(s) on a Grade system which carries with the adventurer. So other players can know how good (or bad) a certain player is.

PvP
    In addition to the Blue Eye Stone, Demon's Souls has the "Black Eye Stone" and it has a slightly different function. It allows a player to force their way into another adventurer's game to take the place of that area's Boss Demon. The adventurer who uses the Black Eye Stone becomes the "Black Phantom" and must either be defeated by the defending adventurer or kill the adventurer to gain Souls!

If the invading player fails to kill the host, or somehow dies by the environment of the stage (falling, fireball in 1-x) but not by hosted or a blue phantom player, your Soul Level will decrease, deducting a level from your highest stat.

Another aspect of PVP is using the"Red Eye Stone" , an item you gain once you get the "bad ending" of the game, you can place a red text marker on the ground which other players can see.
    If the use it they summon you to a duel.
    You can gamble on how many souls the winner of the duel will recieve.

If anyones up for a coop some time?

i am ,just name the level:D

Total protection you should be able to get it by trading in the tower knights soul.

balls :( I consumed that soul, I didn't know you could trade them in for items. Where do I trade in demon souls?
    Ring of flame resistance is on one of the bodies by both dragons. You'll need the 3-1 boss's soul for soul light.

You mean the dragons in 1.1

• Advertisement

Yeah 1.1, around where you bump into the blue dragon first time, flame shiled is there too, both worth dieing for, Just search the charred remains. And Ouch!!! do not consume the demons souls, most can be used to upgrade weapons or buy magic with. As ror trading them for Weapons\magic, free or save crtain characters, Yuria in 1-4, freke in 3-1, Urbain in 4-2 and they'll apear in the nexus with nice new magic that requires souls. for weapons, bug the crap out of the blacksmith on 2-1 when you have 2-2 demon soul and he'll start upgrading weapons for you. Fecked up myself too and ate a few souls, did'nt realise certain weapons had to be +X to upgrade with a soul, although i did get most of the magic stuff. You'll have play a few times, new game+2, to get everything, some souls can used for different upgrades\magics.

http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/demon-s-souls, a guide on what each soul will get you.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

L31mr0d wrote: »
    Ok I'm having a hard time on the spider, I have no ranged weapons or magic really so need to move towards it and melee. However the spider either quickly crushes me or gets me with her fire blast.

Looking at a list of the requirements to kill her online:

* Total Protection
    * Soul Light
    * Ring of Flame Resistance
    * White Bow + White arrows
    * Sticky White Stuff

I have none of that stuff :o Also, the sticky white stuff, where can I buy it?
    I had none of those, and was able to melee him down. I was able to time my dodges well to avoid his web attack, which then allowed me to walk/run around his fireball most of the time. My normal shield blocked most of the damage from the fireball when i did get hit. Then you just run up to him, he'll cross his arms just before attacking, block this twice/three times, and he'll drop his head onto the ground (stay back here, as it can knowck you down). Then chop away, and once he gets up run back down the tunnell, as he does an aoe flame attack.

As for co-op, i'd be up for it sometime, though i dont have any of the needed souls yet i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

If you are a Vagrant Story nerd, would you like this? I seriously like the visuals, does the gameplay match?

[counts pennies to buy PS3]

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,826 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's only like Vagrant Story in look and feel. the Combat is much better in this. Let's face it the combat in Vagrant Story was utter rubbish but everything else mad eit good. I'd definitely recommend it though.

it has all the parts of an rpg I love (character and weapon upgrading, the feeling of constantly struggling to get better) but has removed all the parts that I hate (a far too expansive sandbox filled with morons babbling on about their life with too much reading and listening and not enough doing)

It's sandbox'ish, but the levels are linear, and the story is simple. It basically amounts to:

"Some dude released a load of demons who are harvesting human souls, you need to kill said demons... well what are you waiting for! get on with it!"

Ok what's with the in game descriptions of items? I usually don't like reading walkthroughs and wikis unless I have to but this game seems to require it if I'm to understand what a weapon actually does.

I defeated the red eye'd dual sword skeleton on 4.1 (did it without even trying I stood a distance from him and hit him with 4 volleys of fire magic) I then got the crescent falcion +1 which looked pretty rubbish tbh so I stored it in the nexus.

I was reading about what to do with the crow woman, and seen that the crescent falcion +1 regenerates my MP... what? I don't understand why this little nugget of information is omitted from the description of the weapon. :confused:

btw, I'm using this, has a nice little guide on what to drop for the crow woman

http://mycheats.1up.com/view/section/3169297/26459/demon_s_souls/ps3

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,826 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's called bad localisation. If you loved your JRPGs in the 8, 16 and early 32 bit era you'd be used to it. Back then localisation was so bad that you couldn't beat some games without a tip book of hint lines. See Simons Quest and Phantasy Star for examples.

Yeah game descriptions are pretty brutal, crescent is anything comes that from mercurystone. Had to look up wiki to see what each ore does. Falcion is't great but if you're strong and you've a load bad guys around you, its quite handy. you'd definately be lost without a guide. Demons Souls guide are probably the top selling item in asia.

Anyone invaded another world yet? just got a black eye stone and was thinking of using it.

I'd level up a bit first, there's some pretty nasty guys going around that'll hand you your ass in 10 seconds.

• Advertisement

I'd level up a bit first, there's some pretty nasty guys going around that'll hand you your ass in 10 seconds.

don't you also lose a soul level if you invade and fail? I'd say invading is only an option once I've gotten up to seriously high soul levels.

eh you dont lose a soul level.I failed earlier and im still at the same level.

rossism wrote: »
    eh you dont lose a soul level.I failed earlier and im still at the same level.

I read it here:

http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/online

"If the invading player fails to kill the host, or somehow dies by the environment of the stage (falling, fireball in 1-x) but not by hosted or a blue phantom player, your Soul Level will decrease, deducting a level from your highest stat."

well if checked twice and my soul level and stats all appear to be the same.

EDIT: re-read it you only lose a soul level if you die by anything other than the player whose world you invaded.

EDIT: re-read it you only lose a soul level if you die by anything other than the player whose world you invaded.

Or if you fail to kill the host. When you have invaded a game have you always managed to kill the host?

no ive been killed a few times, but ive always been killed by the host so i dont lose any stats.

no ive been killed a few times, but ive always been killed by the host so i dont lose any stats.

yeah I'm trying hard to understand under which conditions you lose a soul. So if don't die and the host doesn't die you lose a soul level. But if you die and the host kills you you don't lose a soul level :confused: why would they reward you for getting killed by the host? Surely the punishment should be for dying and not staying alive?

L31mr0d wrote: »
    yeah I'm trying hard to understand under which conditions you lose a soul. So if don't die and the host doesn't die you lose a soul level. But if you die and the host kills you you don't lose a soul level :confused: why would they reward you for getting killed by the host? Surely the punishment should be for dying and not staying alive?

i think you only lose one if you die by falling or beong burned by the dragon in 1-2. ive been invading worlds trying to get pure black tendency and if lost a few and ran out of time in one and still i havnt lost any stats.

According to wiki its only if you invade with the red stone that you lose a level, i don't think you get it till the end.

Ross why do you want black tendency, got it on world 1 and 2 it was very bloody tough, black phantom mirilda took me 3-4 gos. How many stones of ephemeral eyes do you have, you can get black tendendy with them farely quick.

• Advertisement

Ross why do you want black tendency, got it on world 1 and it was very bloody tough, black phantom mirilda took me 3-4 gos. How many stones of ephemeral do you have, you can get black tendendy with them farely quick.

to fight mirilda. I have 2 ephemeral eye stones left.I wasted five commiting suicide trying to get pure black.

Advertisement