Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a good, honest handyman

Options
  • 03-04-2015 8:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I need a good handyman with carpentry skills to do a particular job with 'real-world' reasonable rates in the Laois area. I know what's involved in the job and roughly how much it should cost. Have been told that a good handyman with carpentry skills could do it. I'm getting fed up of rip-off merchants showing up saying it will take X amount of days with 2 to 3 times the amount of people needed for 3 to 4 times the price it should really cost.

There could be additional jobs that need doing after this one coming into the summer and other regular jobs if I can find the right person but need to see how I go with this one first.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 40,995 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

what exactly is "the job"?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 whatnot7

syd, it's carrying out a minor repair to the corner of wooden fascia and soffit. I know a good carpenter that I've used before but he's living too far away now. He saw the job when he was here about something else one day and said he can come do it for me later on in the summer if I want and told me what it should cost but said really any local handyman with carpentry skills could easily do it. I would like to find a good local handyman anyway for various other jobs in the house and the usual type of odd jobs that come up from time to time.

If you know anybody who might do this type of work please let me know. Thanks

Advertisement