Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teredo Issue

Options
  • 02-12-2020 11:07pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys, hoping for some help.

My Xbox is in a cabin, I have an ethernet cable run down to it and terminated on the wall then from the wall to a 2nd router.

The xbox has been working fine up until a couple of days ago, but it wont get an IP via Ethernet (will get it via wifi). My laptop gets an IP in this set up.

If i connect directly from the wall to the xbox, i get an IP

I have changed DNS etc but cant get it to work.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Sounds like a static IP problem, particularly if it's working on one method (wireless) and not the other.

If you've got it set to a static IP within the DHCP range, then another device might have stolen the IP address, and is now stopping it from getting connected. Your laptop wouldn't be set to a static IP, which is why it'd work with that cable.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

At the moment, there's 2 devices connected to the router via wifi (phone/laptop).
    IP is set to automatic.

I've looked at the ARP and everything seems ok, flushed it anyway.

Have used google DNS but still cant connect, if i change DSN back to auto, the DNS address is my gateway IP for some reason.

Advertisement