Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Comments

I feel like I preferred the game pre toty. Some of the teams you come across now are outrageous. I miss the days if seeing mbappe and thinking that's as a pain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Just finished Rivals, not touching WL, anybody pick up Senesi from season objectives, jeez i wish i could fit him properly into my team, he is a beast, shadow chem puts him up to 94 acc with 85 speed, defending boosted to mid to high 90's

Started Fofana, nearly halfway through and not sure its worth the effort required

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

qrhxrtW.jpg?3

Eto'o is brilliant. Him and Puskas were amazing together, and I thought Eto'o would actually edge him but Puskas had two amazing final games for me. Rooney obviously losing his scoring record for me this weekend cause he dropped back to defense.

I do feel having two 2m level strikers should be elevating me to 17 wins. That they aren't is depressing, but I think it's realistically my defending that's an issue. And my pass accuracy :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Working my way through swaps now... got the Italian one done in about 45 mins, thankfully. By far my weakest one so good to get that out of the way. Then got the “ban” where I get kicked out of games at the end, so I’ll continue tonight with the Spanish swap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Only 6 gold cards are over 100k now. There's serious value in opening packs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Screenshot-20210221-173512-Companion.jpg

Changed my team around halfway through weekend not sure what formation to go with... 4312 or 41212.

Lord TSC wrote: »

I do feel having two 2m level strikers should be elevating me to 17 wins. That they aren't is depressing, but I think it's realistically my defending that's an issue. And my pass accuracy :P

You would think this but it makes no difference, im about same level as you alsways around 14-17 wins, few weeks ago i sold up my team and went with untreadables i was down to 86 rated team and got 17 wins with 2 games to spare.

In the off-chance that someone still has some 82 IF Bamfords, he’s now sitting at 30k PS :pac: Lingard IF also not far behind at 28k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

So still no icon sbc’s and no Toni kroos but more lottery icon packs added.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

In the off-chance that someone still has some 82 IF Bamfords, he’s now sitting at 30k PS :pac: Lingard IF also not far behind at 28k

Jaysus what's driving this up so much?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

The cost of the Icon Pack SBC's are actually ridiculous.

How people accumulate the fodder to do round and round of them is beyond me.

I'm lucky if I have enough to do 1 or 2 over the course of the year! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,212 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Lamposts wrote: »
    Only 6 gold cards are over 100k now. There's serious value in opening packs.

Can you explain that to me ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

16 wins choice...

81 Thomasson
    81 Niakhate
    75 Derbyshire
    82 Veretout

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

jayo26 wrote: »
    You would think this but it makes no difference, im about same level as you alsways around 14-17 wins, few weeks ago i sold up my team and went with untreadables i was down to 86 rated team and got 17 wins with 2 games to spare.

defending is all about right switching and moving sideways, as hard as it is to not move your cb/cm's straight at the player with the ball jsut waiting switching and moving sideways cutting out the lane is gonna stop way more attacks than charging at the attacker/player with the ball, basically patience and only attacking the ball when you know youre gonna win it, is the best advice for defending i can give.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

4265-A2-DD-EE9-A-4-E32-AD5-D-33-B5-F046-BD40.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,733 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Mr Moon wrote: »
    16 wins choice...

81 Thomasson
    81 Niakhate
    75 Derbyshire
    82 Veretout

My 2 picks last week and my 2 from this extra WL objective have given me 1 83, 2 82s and an 81. Completely pointless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I was wrong..thought I was at 4-1 but it was 3-2. Played a game this morning and went to 4-2. Can't be arsed to do more.

chips1234 wrote: »
    defending is all about right switching and moving sideways, as hard as it is to not move your cb/cm's straight at the player with the ball jsut waiting switching and moving sideways cutting out the lane is gonna stop way more attacks than charging at the attacker/player with the ball, basically patience and only attacking the ball when you know youre gonna win it, is the best advice for defending i can give.

I'd have to agree with this without a doubt. Having missed last season and coming from fifa 19 thus was huge for me to get around.

jayo26 wrote: »
    I'd have to agree with this without a doubt. Having missed last season and coming from fifa 19 thus was huge for me to get around.

it sounds hilariously simple, but the discipline to not attack the ball is super hard to keep all game :D

• Advertisement

chips1234 wrote: »

Agree completely but the switching is appalling so it's difficult to even do that correctly the majority of the time.

RedRochey wrote: »
    Jaysus what's driving this up so much?

The party bag SBC drove the prices up, and then naturally IF prices rise gradually once they leave packs.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    The party bag SBC drove the prices up, and then naturally IF prices rise gradually once they leave packs.

Worth keeping this in mind too for when FUT Bday rolls around... there’s definitely got to be a party bag SBC for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Leaving it at 16-8. Those last 2 wins were totally not worth it to get another crappy red pick. My 343 all out attack formation was great for the first 10 wins, then better players were able to pick it apart on the break. Good fun though. Switched to a 442 for the last few games.

Edit: Played 2 more to get to the 18 wins for the Icon Swaps objective. Two handy enough wins. 18-8. Not looking forward to all the poxy squad battles to do these swaps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

WL: 22W & 8L

Heartbreak again, this is the first time I really felt like I was going to get Elite 1 and earn it.

I created a new Anti 5-3-2 system that works a treat to counter it. 433 Pins back there defence with 3 narrow attackers and overlapping full backs. It lets me control the game and gives lots of passing options around the edge of the box.

What really hurts is how I lost it. I was playing a great game against a very good opponent and had just equalised to make it 3-3 then with 5 mins left I manage to open him up again and slip Ronaldo in 1-1 behind his defence. Kyle walker is racing back behind me and as I am pulling the trigger, he cuts me down with a slide from behind. I'm thinking well that's annoying but at least he'll be down to 10 men for extra time. And of course yellow card and free kick on the edge which the keeper saves. The match goes to extra time, ends 5-5 and I lose the shootout.

Screenshot-20210221-235427-FUT-Track.jpg

One more win than last week and scored 11 less goals and conceded 16 less goals. I got battered a few times by 4 or 5 goals so probably played better then it looks overall but cool to be abke keep track.

Also Fati omly played last 6 games but he is so much fun i never won as many frees around the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

41dade8b-6a63-45a3-90cf-425ea6373236.png

That 82x25 pack from Swaps was underwhelming to say the least.

Went on tilt and rinsed my club to do the Mid/Prime pack that's live now. Got a win for a change.

a4972a33-feba-42ba-9dea-52f9aa7e19ee.png

I'm very tempted to do that Icon SBC.

I'm not expecting much but I'm wondering if there's anything better coming up that's worth saving fodder for...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭piplip87

What time does the prime pack usually drop at ? It's out today and in need of some fodder. This avoiding FIFA while working at home I had going on until January was a good course of action haha productivity has dropped but I'm well on the way to having my best team ever and will make Division 5 this evening..

• Advertisement

Anyone done Fofana yet and if so, what do you think?

How does he compare to say, Joe Gomez?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

piplip87 wrote: »
    What time does the prime pack usually drop at ? It's out today and in need of some fodder. This avoiding FIFA while working at home I had going on until January was a good course of action haha productivity has dropped but I'm well on the way to having my best team ever and will make Division 5 this evening..

It’s available to claim now - linked it, claimed it, still waiting for it to turn up - par for the course, lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭piplip87

Boulders8 wrote: »
    It’s available to claim now - linked it, claimed it, still waiting for it to turn up - par for the course, lol

Managed to pull Pique, Ericksson on Veratti from it. They will come in very handy for the icon swaps first owners

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,733 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Anyone else get DCd from squad battles a lot? I must have 10 disconnects from squad battles and maybe 1 total from online games, it doesn't make any sense and its soul killing.

AdamD wrote: »
    Anyone else get DCd from squad battles a lot? I must have 10 disconnects from squad battles and maybe 1 total from online games, it doesn't make any sense and its soul killing.

I’ve had this the past few days as well - think one squad battle I played it, won and would have been due to collect nearly 2.5k points for it and I got disconnected and got handed a 3-0 loss - as if squad battles wasn’t enough of a grind and then this happens!

Also now can’t sign in to UT as it says I need to sign in to PSN but when I try it doesn’t let me as it says either my account has been locked due to multiple failed sign in attempts or password needs to be reset due to security concerns!!!

I’ve had this the past few days as well - think one squad battle I played it, won and would have been due to collect nearly 2.5k points for it and I got disconnected and got handed a 3-0 loss - as if squad battles wasn’t enough of a grind and then this happens!

Also now can’t sign in to UT as it says I need to sign in to PSN but when I try it doesn’t let me as it says either my account has been locked due to multiple failed sign in attempts or password needs to be reset due to security concerns!!!

Yep happened to me today. Think it's to do with playing too many games in the space of an hour, if you were playing golden goal friendlies then that would have done it.

• Advertisement

Yep happened to me today. Think it's to do with playing too many games in the space of an hour, if you were playing golden goal friendlies then that would have done it.

No don’t think it was that I only logged on at around 5pm to try and play a friendly but got disconnected so then just left it for a few hours and when I tried to log in again found I had been signed out of PSN. Ended up having to change my password to sign back in and that did the trick

So i was looking for a striker to take the load of Torres for a bit, he plays every game anyway i bought future stars Isak and what a card that is, 6'4 with 90 speed and 89 finishing before chem boost, he is terrific, 87 agility as well

So i was looking for a striker to take the load of Torres for a bit, he plays every game anyway i bought future stars Isak and what a card that is, 6'4 with 90 speed and 89 finishing before chem boost, he is terrific, 87 agility as well

5star WF too!

Might try him for the craic. He looks insane with a hunter card on lol

https://twitter.com/futkarlito/status/1364020222378786818

cheey little prime cantona from the mid or prime :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

Prime Zambrotta from the mid or prime, Everybody seems to like him on Futbin so it’s a win I guess

Anybody here ever used him ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Giggsy_ wrote: »
    Prime Zambrotta from the mid or prime, Everybody seems to like him on Futbin so it’s a win I guess

Anybody here ever used him ?

He is brilliant, I had him for a long time and only sold him as I needed to get TOTY Trent to get full chem on Van Dijk and Jones. Also he has 5 star weak foot and 4 star skills, so you could always run him at LB on 7 Chem if you have another good RB.

I used him with an anchor and he becomes brilliant in the air and is super strong. The best thing I can say is he would walk back into my team if my chem balance wasn't so precise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

make you're linked to the correct account that's associated to your ea account.
    I got mine straightaway.

Breezed through the online section of the Icon Swaps with the exception of Italy, I found that one a slog as I had very few decent Italian players in my club after doing the league SBC's a few weeks ago. I purchased a few but without spending a fortune it's the toughest by a long way, IMO.

Had one lovely encounter with a bloke who, after scoring from kick-off and performing a lengthy celebration, I decided to play on. Sent me four or five very abusive messages including one wishing cancer on me. I've never reported messages before but did on this occasion so hopefully after his what I believe will be a 7 day ban he will cop on.

I enjoy FIFA but it must be the most toxic community in gaming.

I've decided I'm going to skip the Weekend League tokens and take a punt on the Prime or Moments pack for 16 tokens.

Now to try and find the motivation to do the Squad Battles tokens :rolleyes::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

BrentMused wrote: »
    Had one lovely encounter with a bloke who, after scoring from kick-off and performing a lengthy celebration, I decided to play on. Sent me four or five very abusive messages including one wishing cancer on me. I've never reported messages before but did on this occasion so hopefully after his what I believe will be a 7 day ban he will cop on.

I enjoy FIFA but it must be the most toxic community in gaming.

I report every single abusive message I receive. These clowns need to be banned. I don't mind a bit of banter but any abuse, nah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Yup same.

On that had a game playing the One League with my crappy Serie A team. They guy is playing a full EPL team. PotM Bruno, Headliner Zaha, IF Salah. I had to do a double take as there is no Premier League token. Anyway he scores first. Full Macarena celebration. I don't quit because I know he isn't doing Swaps (I am also a petty bastard and if you celebrate or pause for me after you score I am not quitting).

He starts messaging me abusing me telling me to leave, calling me a c*nt etc. I said to him 'You know there is no PL Swaps Token right?' keeps abusing me telling me he needs a win. Scores again. Keeps messaging me saying he needs the win. Then at HT while 2-0 up he quits the game :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Opened 1 of the 25k promo packs (on the App)
    First pack - Ter Stegan! Sold for 73k
    Thought to myself, I'm ahead so lets try another one.
    Picked Pack...
    Brown and Black confetti (TOTW)
    Llorente! currently going for over 300k! - doesn't fit in my team so he is getting sold.
    Opened 2 more and all crap but a nice bit of luck there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Opened 1 of the 25k promo packs (on the App)
    First pack - Ter Stegan! Sold for 73k
    Thought to myself, I'm ahead so lets try another one.
    Picked Pack...
    Brown and Black confetti (TOTW)
    Llorente! currently going for over 300k! - doesn't fit in my team so he is getting sold.
    Opened 2 more and all crap but a nice bit of luck there

Legend :D

HNy28dM
    Screencap.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

hots wrote: »
    Legend :D

HNy28dM
    Screencap.png

Nice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Nice!

VVD will be a nice upgrade from my 83 Stones I've been running anyway :D also means I'll probably take a spin on the icon SBC roulette if the Thursday packs are any use.

• Advertisement
Advertisement