Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FPL Wildcard Thread 2020/2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Gus Ivey wrote: »
    I'd monitor Alzate for Brighton over Bissouma. Alzate was at fault for Chelsea's 1st goal, but his general play was quite good. Think he could be a hidden gem and could add a few goals/assists to his game.

Yea he was the most attacking of the 4.5m midfielders. He forced a rare good save from Kepa so you could say he was unlucky not to score.

Looks like Lamptey might trump James but only because of assured starts.

I’ll still scrawl through and look for a better 5.0m option though.

In fact, I’ll go with James on the WC and downgrade to Lamptey if James is not starting all games.

Thanks for the input guys.

Lamptey was superb. I'd use that 0.5 to upgrade your keeper to Leno if I was you.

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Lamptey was superb. I'd use that 0.5 to upgrade your keeper to Leno if I was you.

Funnily enough I’m struggling with my GK.

Was all set on McCarthy but reading on social media tonight that all is not well at Southampton. I don’t get it. What could be wrong. They looked set for a great season.

I’ve been all over Lamptey since he moved and posted about him last season. He was top of my post season defender list but now I’m going cold. I think it’s because I just don’t want to be messing about with my defenders. I just want set and forgets (as much as one can). So I was willing to pay premium. I think I’ll go with James for the last spot and can always downgrade to Lamptey if James loses his place.

It also means I can consider Ryan over McCarthy. I don’t fancy Arsenal just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭The Megaphone

siblers wrote: »
    I'd replace McCarthy with someone else, maybe Leno, Martinez or Guiata. Southampton are a mess

Great point - missed the obvious, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

Final team. Meslier -> Martinez next week

Meslier
    Holding Justin Lascelles
    KDB Auba(c) Fernandes(vc) Gealish
    Werner Richarlison Wilson

Button Pieters Romeu Mitchell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭siblers

darego wrote: »
    Final team. Meslier -> Martinez next week

Meslier
    Holding Justin Lascelles
    KDB Auba(c) Fernandes(vc) Gealish
    Werner Richarlison Wilson

Button Pieters Romeu Mitchell

No Liverpool, a bit risky

If Robbbo, TAA, Salah go on a rampage, you'll be in troube

siblers wrote: »
    No Liverpool, a bit risky

If Robbbo, TAA, Salah go on a rampage, you'll be in troube

To be fair Liverpools fixtures arent great and he can bring in Salah easily enough in a few weeks when the fixtures soften.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

I’m going to hit it this week.

Looking for input on the best 4.5m GK option and the best 5.0m defender option.

I think it’s still McCarthy or Ryan. The idea of a Leeds GK interests me too but he didn’t look very good at the weekend.

Reece James is clear and away the best option at 5.0m but annoyingly not nailed on. Not sure what he’ll need to do to be nailed.

Leeds conceded 4 goals, 2 penalties & 2 from corners... wouldn't be too quick to judge

• Registered Users Posts: 21,352 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Gone for the wildcard myself too this week, 70 in GW1 so not bad but I captained Salah so that was the bulk of the points.

Now I have:

Pickford (Peacock Farrell)
    TAA Lewis Lindelof (KWP and Mitchell)
    Salah KDB Doucoure Phillips (Hendrick)
    Martial Werner Richarlison

I'm captaining Martial this week, if he continues his form from the end of last season he could be great value at 9m. Obviously I was very impressed by Everton too, lots of value there at the minute I reckon and they look a bit more solid at the back.

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Leeds conceded 4 goals, 2 penalties & 2 from corners... wouldn't be too quick to judge

I’m not.

Said I’m interested in the idea of owning their GK but I didn’t like the look of the guy in GW 1.

He looked a tad nervous/unsure.

• Advertisement

Was happy to go with 2 up front with this wildcard but hard to ignore Jesus now. Very hard.

Would probably mean a few big changes, at this late stage, and maybe a formation change too and just playing 1 striker.

Might not be the worst situation, to be in, if Brewster does get a move to a premier league club.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Was happy to go with 2 up front with this wildcard but hard to ignore Jesus now. Very hard.

Would probably mean a few big changes, at this late stage, and maybe a formation change too and just playing 1 striker.

Might not be the worst situation, to be in, if Brewster does get a move to a premier league club.

Even with Aguero out, I’d still be a bit nervous of Pep rotating by playing Sterling up front every so often

Yeah. Pep is a nut and we all know the risks of owning their players. Maybe with the exception of KDB and Laporte when they are fully fit.

I have gone through periods of not owning City players, because of the rotation risk, and to be honest I really enjoyed it. Nothing worse than seeing your 8-11m player on the bench pre game. A game you recorded to watch your FPL asset play and enjoy.

I’ll tinker and see what I come up with but I’ll definitely put together a draft with Jesus and see if I like it.

Owning Jesus will also make it easier to get Aguero in too. In fact. Thinking about it all now I think I’ll go without Jesus and maybe even Aguero. That time I had no City players (except KDB I think) was a lot less stressful.

Yeah. Pep is a nut and we all know the risks of owning their players. Maybe with the exception of KDB and Laporte when they are fully fit.

I have gone through periods of not owning City players, because of the rotation risk, and to be honest I really enjoyed it. Nothing worse than seeing your 8-11m player on the bench pre game. A game you recorded to watch your FPL asset play and enjoy.

I’ll tinker and see what I come up with but I’ll definitely put together a draft with Jesus and see if I like it.

Owning Jesus will also make it easier to get Aguero in too. In fact. Thinking about it all now I think I’ll go without Jesus and maybe even Aguero. That time I had no City players (except KDB I think) was a lot less stressful.

I’d be more than happy to have Mahrez, Jesus or possibly Foden in my team along with Kdb, if there wasn’t so much risk of rotation.
    Fully expect City to create and score a hatful again this season, but personally, especially at the start of the season, i want to try to avoid rotation risks. For now, I’ll stick with just Kdb from City, might change my mind on this in a couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

But remember those days when the 3pm games where on and you'd see the posts Agueroooooooooo, and the place went wild.

The game against Newcastle about 5 years ago been one of the most epic - he scored 5 goals in a 22 min period - and you had lads celebrating the 2nd goal, when a minute later he got his 3rd, and then the 4th and 5th - and then we all disappointed when he got subbed with half hour to go.

Miss those days.

Back to present day - as long as FF players don't have a heavily owned city player captain who gets a haul, you can probably get away with no having them -

Think those days for Aguero may even be already over. If not then quite close maybe.

Last year of contract. Injury worse than first anticipated. Will be working on getting himself ready (over the next 3-6 months) for his next contract.

Not suggesting for one second he’ll ease off but he’ll definitely take care of himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,550 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Hit the button in the end. 11 changes. Hopped on the City Wolves Everton and United bus. Sterling in as a differential, his stats when Aguero isn't playing are exceptional. Will add KDB next week. Plan in place to get Salah if or when I need him.

Martínez
    Robertson Digne Lewis
    Auba Sterling Hamez Podence Harrison
    Martial Werner

Steer Saiss Mitchell Brewster

Pretty happy with that. Anybody see any improvements?

Final draft (or that’s what I’m telling myself!)

Martinez
    TAA, Digne, Justin
    Auba, Bruno, Willian, Hamez,
    DCL, Werner, Bamford

Nyland, Ayling, Bissouma, Mitchell

With 0.5 ITB

Can’t overlook Auba’s fixture this week (and the high ownership here) so move to KDB planned next GW which will free up another £0.5!

Ha.

I took DCL out to play around with other options to see what my team would look like.

He’ll cost me 0.1m extra now if I go with him.

I do hate WC week.

He’ll cost me 0.1m extra

That’s sickening!

• Advertisement

That’s sickening!

The only solution is to go with Richarlison instead.

I’d feel a right numpty paying 7.1m for DCL now having paid 7.0m earlier in the week.

I was flip flopping on those two anyway so that’ll be the decider.

I like Richy too - don’t think you can go wrong with him! I’ve gone heavy with Everton assets (also Digne & Hamez) so was happy to go with the cheaper striker.

My toughest call was Lamptey or James.

I went with Lamptey for 3 reasons -

had him top of my defender shortlist so I wanted to follow my own nose
    James isn’t guaranteed minutes
    Think Chelsea are still vulnerable as haven’t seen any great shakes to fix their defence in the transfer window. If they’d bought a GK I may have got James

I plan on changing my striker, fairly often, with my FT’s and target certain teams

Looking to play 5-4-1 as I think the value is in defence and getting the strikers right is harder. I think I’m more patient with defenders and more likely to leave them in my team whereas with strikers the finger gets itchier quicker.

Meslier

TAA, Robertson, Digne, Saiss, Lamptey

Salah, Fernandes, Podence, Aubameyang (will become KDB next week)

Richarlison

Button, Bissouma, Davis, Vasseliv

I’ll change striker frequently and I’m looking at Jimenez from as early as GW 3 or whichever striker is playing Fulham, WBA or West Ham with my FT’s.

One of the 4.5m bench strikers will become Brewster if he moves

I’d feel a right numpty paying 7.1m for DCL now having paid 7.0m earlier in the week.

I was flip flopping on those two anyway so that’ll be the decider.

Twat.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,550 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Twat.

Had DCL in until last night. Oops.

Final draft (or that’s what I’m telling myself!)

Martinez
    TAA, Digne, Justin
    Auba, Bruno, Willian, Hamez,
    DCL, Werner, Bamford

LiveFPL has me 44pts from 4! Really need the rest to come good to balance out my GW1 car crash!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,342 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

tenor.gif

Gonna wait to watch the Arsenal match, but I’ve a feeling I’ll be joining ye

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭macraignil

Wildcard active! Aubameyang out plus a few other changes. Was all set to get Fernandes in but if Man. Utd. are not on form then there seems to be lots of other options looking good from today's games. First draft of many this week:

Martinez
    Robertson, Saiss, Taylor
    Zaha, Rodriguez, De Bruyne, Salah, Klich
    Jesus, Mitrovic

Ryan, Wilson, Lewis, Mitchell

.5mill still in bank and Mitchell most likely to change unless there is some indication he will keep his place, but he could go up in price tonight. Thinking the way the season is starting there may be little point in investing big in defense this year. Any advice appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,342 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

44 point hit taken, trying to catch price rises - not even close to a draft yet

Advertisement