Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to CoD, looking to ask some questions? [COD]

Options
  • 08-09-2020 8:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I am brand new to ps4(or any console) and have NO idea about CoD except hearing ppl always talk about this game for the past few years. I'm not looking for playing online, only playing single player and awful at games (planning to pay casually)

I have a few questions about it.

Firstly what sort of thing is this game, can someone tell me something about this? Is this the game for me? Not really a whooter person, but loved the shooting parts in watcg dogs 2

Which Call of Duty should i buy? Not really interesting in the old ones but wanna buy something where graphics look quite good (didn't have to be amazing, just not something that looks awful)

Does the game have an auto aim function? Like i am god awful at aiming and. Shooting on PlayStation (new player) and i loved in watchdogs 2 where there was auto aim, where i could jist tap L2 and it would alrdy aim at them.

Is there a similar function for CoD?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

download the free to play warzone from the store, its online only but its a battle royale style game and you can move throughout the map at your own pace provided youre within the gas as the circles close.

or if you really arent looking to play online i would reccomend picking up one of the older ones second hand in gamestop or CEX just to give you a feel for it,

the single player campaigns are mostly linear scripted events with a lot of gunplay,

it has aim assist rather than auto aim, if you point close enough to an enemy it should lock on to them.

ive only started playing it online myself this year, you do get the hang of it fairly quick and you start levelling up guns and that to make it more enjoyable

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Personally, would avoid Warzone even though it's free.
    It's very unforgiving if you're not familiar with first person shooter games, with no real "lives". If you die within 10 seconds of a match, there's a 50/50 chance you'll have to start a whole new one, and while it doesn't take long, it can be quite frustrating when you're still learning to come to terms with basic gunplay, let alone the other mechanics within Battle Royal games.

I don't suspect you'd have an issue with the graphics on any of the PS4 releases, either Battlefield or Call Of Duty, and you can get them cheap second hand. I think Battlefield can look better, but COD is maybe a bit more accessible.

One benefit of COD (that I don't think exists in Battlefield) is the ability to mock online matches. You can set up match against "Bot" players, setting their difficulty, choosing whatever weapons etc you want. It serves as a great testing ground to learn which types of guns you like, and what sort of play style suits you etc. So you're better prepared if/when you jump online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

50 v 50 warzone rumble is back this weekend, basically a big team deatmatch, use that as a trial to see if you like the game

• Registered Users Posts: 12,465 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Hi,

I am brand new to ps4(or any console) and have NO idea about CoD except hearing ppl always talk about this game for the past few years. I'm not looking for playing online, only playing single player and awful at games (planning to pay casually)

I have a few questions about it.

Firstly what sort of thing is this game, can someone tell me something about this? Is this the game for me? Not really a whooter person, but loved the shooting parts in watcg dogs 2

Which Call of Duty should i buy? Not really interesting in the old ones but wanna buy something where graphics look quite good (didn't have to be amazing, just not something that looks awful)

Does the game have an auto aim function? Like i am god awful at aiming and. Shooting on PlayStation (new player) and i loved in watchdogs 2 where there was auto aim, where i could jist tap L2 and it would alrdy aim at them.

Is there a similar function for CoD?

Try some of the older COD this generation of games from Ghosts, WWII Modern Warfare 1 and 2 remastered all have great single player campaigns.
    The more jump around CODs like Advanced Warfare and Intimate Warfare single player stories were also enjoyable. Maybe pick some of them up 2nd hand in CEX or Gamestop also also sometimes deals in the PSN stores.

Advertisement