Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call Of Duty 2020 Black Ops Cold War News and Rumurs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭Horse84

Any special limited edition versions announced yet ala the night vision scope set with modern warfare?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,472 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

• Registered Users Posts: 15,271 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I hate these cringy American promos.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Parabellum9

I actually turned the reveal off only a couple of minutes in when the designers were back slapping themselves like they had re-invented the wheel. It looks....boring? Compared to MW it just seems clunky and a step back.

I'd probably buy it for the campaign but even at that I might wait for a price drop - this would have been the perfect follow on for the original Black Ops back in 2010 but they ruined the series with all the futuristic crap.

Will give the open beta a shot when it's on, but everything I've seen so far is underwhelming and disappointing in terms of what I'd expect from COD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eggy81

I actually turned the reveal off only a couple of minutes in when the designers were back slapping themselves like they had re-invented the wheel. It looks....boring? Compared to MW it just seems clunky and a step back.

I'd probably buy it for the campaign but even at that I might wait for a price drop - this would have been the perfect follow on for the original Black Ops back in 2010 but they ruined the series with all the futuristic crap.

Will give the open beta a shot when it's on, but everything I've seen so far is underwhelming and disappointing in terms of what I'd expect from COD.

Will warzone change when the new game comes out. Or will it be another version of blackout and warzone still run alongside it. Can see moden warfare cannibalising black ops 4 sales unless they decide to shut it down.

eggy81 wrote: »
    Will warzone change when the new game comes out. Or will it be another version of blackout and warzone still run alongside it. Can see moden warfare cannibalising black ops 4 sales unless they decide to shut it down.

I reckon it'll revert to a cold war themed map.

Luckily Verdansk can easily be remade into an 80s looking map

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I'm not a fan of Treyarch games, although I did like Blops 1. This has the same kind of feel and I'm going to get it for WZ but I do agree it looks a step back from MW. That's really a personal taste thing with me, I've just always preferred the look and game play of IW games.

Treyarch back to save the franchise. Looks class.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare has seen massive success since it launched in November of 2019, now becoming the best-selling Call of Duty game ever.

Source: The internet.
    While this isn't true Modern Warfare has been a spectacular success sales-wise. Blops 1 is the best selling ever but it looks like MW3 will overtake it shortly. The golden age of COD for me, all built upon the solid foundations of MW and MW2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Treyarch back to save the franchise. Looks class.

Dunno, I wont go so far as to say that this looks like scutter, but its a definite step back in my books, The animations are like a throwback to yesteryear, and the fonts and sound effects area almost identical to those in Blops2.
    I'm interested in the campaign, but not for full price.

take for example this reload animation at the 6:22 mark, its woeful
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oy_ac1NgWgU

Modern Warfare saved the franchise, this Black Ops does not look that great.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,725 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Ah I dunno. Remember that footage from jackfrags was already several weeks old when uploaded, so I'm sure the final version will be better , alongside the inevitable patches in the first few weeks.

MW/WZ is my first real foray into the franchise (traditionally Battlefield but I never liked V and stopped playing it 6 months before they officially abandoned it) and I am liking this upcoming entry - but then as a guy in his mid-40s I love and miss the 80s anyway so that might be part of it :p

Overall impressions from the Alpha arent great, some guys complaining about the tanks in Domination.

Battlefield 1 was great for watching lads go 100-0 in a tank. Treyarch did tanks in WaW too but I never played it. I fundamentally disagree with tanks in COD. It's hard to find the balance. Battlefield 4 did it very well, I thought and gave you loads of equipment to take them on although they were still quite strong.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Alpha is free to play on PS4 on friday.
    Can be downloaded tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

How does that work then, just download it from the store?

(never been one for alphas or betas or whatever)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Available to download now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

Just kicked it off myself. 25gb.

Currently downloading Warzone as apparently you have to download the alpha through that or MW2019.

I might have Warzone downloaded in time for the beta.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Currently downloading Warzone as apparently you have to download the alpha through that or MW2019.

I might have Warzone downloaded in time for the beta.

Don't think you do. I just got it, when I went to download it gave me the option of selecting all the MW stuff, I just clicked continue without selecting them and the alpha is downloading now.

Don't think you do. I just got it, when I went to download it gave me the option of selecting all the MW stuff, I just clicked continue without selecting them and the alpha is downloading now.

You're bloody well right. I read a couple of articles yesterday and they said you could only get it through MW19/WZ menus.

Ah what harm, only 30 mins left for Warzone to download. I'll have a few games of it next week.

Before playing WZ you should ask yourself.
    Do you have a history of high blood pressure or heart problems in your family?
    Do you like jump scares?
    Does getting killed cheaply in an online fps really really annoy you? Like really really annoy you.
    Have you ever rage-kicked a family pet while playing online?

Ah I'm only messing I love WZ but do find it stressful at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Before playing WZ you should ask yourself.
    Do you have a history of high blood pressure or heart problems in your family?
    Do you like jump scares?
    Does getting killed cheaply in an online fps really really annoy you? Like really really annoy you.
    Have you ever rage-kicked a family pet while playing online?

Ah I'm only messing I love WZ but do find it stressful at times.

And always remember,Anyone who kills you is obviously cheating and anyone you kill is just a noooooob!! :pac:

When I downloaded Warzone at first, a while back, I was shot out of the sky while parachuting in. I deleted it straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭Homelander

I love Apex Legends and I do like COD MP in general but I just couldn't get into Warzone at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

So had a couple of games there, the domination ones. They're alright. Nothing new really, just the same CoD on different maps again. I'll probably end up getting this on PS5 just to have a next gen game (if it's next gen, don't know if they're doing the same as others and releasing the next gen next year).

• Advertisement

you can buy a version for the PS4 that upgrades to the PS5 for an exra tenner. Hey it's Activision what do you expect?

Advertisement