Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minecraft Galacticacraft

Options
  • 28-05-2020 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi - I am looking for some information on Minecraft, in particular setting up mods - I bought Minecraft Java edition and installed Forge - I didn't realise that mods aren't officially supported and while it does seem standard practice I am concerned about it's safe to download mods; he's fascinated by Galacticacraft, however any jar files I located don't execute - I thought that Galacticraft 1.12 will work with Minecraft Java edition 1.15.2 ... anyway I'm at the limits of already limited knowledge, any guidance appreciated

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

JAR files are technically executable code so your computer will treat it (quite correctly) as a potential threat. Generally speaking, you're in good shape if you're downloading mods from the main forums and the most popular mods will have been scrutinised by others and are usually ok.

You might need to "Run as Administrator" if you're on a Windows machine to allow the JAR files to be accessed as they're from an "unknown" source as far as your OS is concerned.

Advertisement