Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superquinn 'Back to the Seventies'-this weekend.

Options
  • 22-10-2008 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭

A little birdie told me that Superquinn will be having one of their 'Back to the Seventies' special offer weekends, possibly starting on Thursday and running until Sunday.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Worth popping in I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Did the little birdie tell you what is being rolled back?

I've still got the shed filled with gold blend and kitchen towels.

Anyone working in Superquinn would know as they would have to be getting in massive stock of whatever products they are rolling back the price on.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Mauricmo

wyndham wrote: »
    Did the little birdie tell you what is being rolled back?

I've still got the shed filled with gold blend and kitchen towels.

Anyone working in Superquinn would know as they would have to be getting in massive stock of whatever products they are rolling back the price on.

The products themselves are a closely guarded secret- no info on them so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Whats this? Rolling prices back to 70's prices?

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Mauricmo

Alter-Ego wrote: »
    Whats this? Rolling prices back to 70's prices?

Yes on selected products. Previous 70's weeks had butter at 50c and coffee and tea at 1Euro to name a few.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

Some cracking prices.

According to my local paper The Kilkenny People, the Superquinn 70's weekend is indeed happening this weekend. 23/10-26/10.

Offers include...

SQ Free Range Eggs €1.59 50c
    Irish Pride Bread €1.49 50c
    SQ Pumpkin €3.99 €1.00

Other offers include Pringles, TK minerals, Birds Eye Fish Fingers, Pears, Andrex Toilet Roll, Muller Corner 6pk, Lyd Grossman Bolognese Sauce, Charleville Cheddar, Fox's Classic Crinkle Milk Chocolate and whatever else that's not advertised.

The pumpkin offer is very very good and should fly out I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

A bit off topic, but is there any site that would show a "typical trolley" and prices throughout the years, from say Dunnes.

You know how the ads now will compare a tesco trolley to lidl, beer, bread, beans, bog roll etc.

I think it might open some peoples eyes to how cheap some things actually are now. I am sick of hearing about rip-offs and people ignoring how many things are actually cheaper now, esp. when you convert from euro to punts, and if you take average or min wage into account somethings are way cheaper.

Own brand soft drinks and bread are cheaper than I remember in the 80's.

When I started drinking booze over 15 years ago the cheapest can was £1/€1.27 and branded bottles were around £1.30, €1.65

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TM

What about the CPI from the CSO?

http://www.cso.ie/statistics/consumpriceindex.htm

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

This link has the rolling back prices

To many to post, also its more than the first page.
    Offer is available only while stocks last. Customer quotas apply, maximum of 3 of the same item per customer. These offers are valid from 23/10/2008 until 26/10/2008. All products are offered subject to availability while stocks last.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

Got an email from superquinn

Prices that you thought were gone forever are back again and this time the savings are even greater! Starting on Thursday 23rd October there is up to 100 euro of savings on a selected basket of products. Everyday items such as Superquinn Free Range Eggs, Irish Pride Bread, Fox's Milk Chocolate Biscuits, are an incredible 50c, Superquinn Pumpkins, Birds Eye Fish Fingers, Charleville Grated Red Cheddar Cheese, Loyd Grossman Bolognese, a steal at just 1 euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

not as good as last time around. Few half price offers on already overpriced stuff is no great shakes. Nothing eye catching.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

Redpunto wrote: »
    Got an email from superquinn

Prices that you thought were gone forever are back again and this time the savings are even greater! Starting on Thursday 23rd October there is up to 100 euro of savings on a selected basket of products. Everyday items such as Superquinn Free Range Eggs, Irish Pride Bread, Fox's Milk Chocolate Biscuits, are an incredible 50c, Superquinn Pumpkins, Birds Eye Fish Fingers, Charleville Grated Red Cheddar Cheese, Loyd Grossman Bolognese, a steal at just 1 euro.

Is this happening in all superquinn stores?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭RAFC

Anybody know of a superquinn in Cork - have not yet come across one. Just the usual Supervalu, Dunnes and Tesco.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

RAFC wrote: »
    Anybody know of a superquinn in Cork - have not yet come across one. Just the usual Supervalu, Dunnes and Tesco.

Clonmel, Limerick or Waterford is the closest for you

Shop Locations

peanuthead wrote: »
    Is this happening in all superquinn stores?

I would think so, and also can use delivery from online at www.superquinn.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭RAFC

Thanks for that. In Tipp for the weekend, so might try Clonmel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Lexus1976

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭josh59

The pumpkin offer is very very good and should fly out I'd imagine.

Trying to shift the unsold pumpkins. I reckon there was about a 1/2 tonne of them in a big box on a pallet inside the door of SQ Tyrrellstown at lunchtime today !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭muckety

How often does this offer run? Is it due again soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭deisemum

I think it's every 3 or 4 weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

They could show 'Reeling in the years' and everyone can pretend to be shocked and stunned by the depressing news:)

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Tockman

there rolling back prices this weekend. :cool:
    Check link http://www.buy4now.ie/superquinn/shopping.aspx?location=PROMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

€2 for ben and jerry's. I'm going to gain at least two stone before this weekend is out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

poor selection of products, still got nothing on the M&S dine for 2

• Registered Users Posts: 18,907 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

mmm plenty of Ben & Jerrys in the freezer now after a quick trip to Superquinn :D

B&J very over-rated imo

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,282 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

B&J very over-rated imo

Blasphemy!

Was in Superquinnn earlier and I've enough ice cream and shower gel to keep me going for a while now, so I'll be fat but clean. :)

I'd prefer be skinny & dirty :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭josh59

They could show 'Reeling in the years' and everyone can pretend to be shocked and stunned by the depressing news:)

Or else sell the new Reeling in the 80's DVD set from RTE !!! Eat and Watch :D

Advertisement