Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Batman: Animated Collection (10 Discs DVD - Asda Exclusive) - €15 delivered [Asda]

• 27-01-2011 6:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,035 ✭✭✭✭

10270737-1285753496-475000.jpg
    Buy it @ Asda Entertainment

Contains the following (according to a guy over on HUKD):
    Mask of the Phantasm - 77 mins
    Brave and the Bold Vol 1 - 94 mins
    Brave and the bold Vol 2 - 88 mins
    Batman Superman movie - 59 mins
    Batman: Legend Begins Volume 1 - 44 mins
    Batman: Legend Begins Volume 2 - 44 mins
    The Animated series: Tales of the Dark Knight 85 mins
    The Animated series: Out of the Shadows 86 mins
    The Animated series: Secrets of a Caped Crusader 86 mins
    Mystery of the Batwoman 72 mins

Run-time: 12 hours 15 mins in total
    The most successful of the "Dark Deco" animated series of the 1990's. This series features the adventures of the Dark Knight of Gotham City as he battles the evil that inhabits the city with occasional help of Robin and Batgirl in stories that faithful to the comics in spirit and tone

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Yoink!

I have a couple of seasons of the Animated series on dvd already so this will go along with it quite nicely :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Is this all the episodes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,507 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Tusky wrote: »
    Is this all the episodes?

Plus 1.

This is the dark series from RTE2 (The Den) when I was growing up right?

Might get nostalgic at that price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

It's a mix of movies and the new series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Thanks OP, ordered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭patch

Mask of the phantasm is still one of the best batman movies.
    I lent it out many years ago and never got it back.
    This looks like a great set!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

noodler wrote: »
    Plus 1.

This is the dark series from RTE2 (The Den) when I was growing up right?

Might get nostalgic at that price.

Don't think so - it's mostly the later (not especially dark) shows. I've all the original series and there's more than 10 discs in that alone. However, this is worth it for Mask of the Phantasm alone - the best Batman film you've never seen! (and if you thought the series was dark...........).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,035 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I think the complete animated series was only released on Region 1, and discontinued not long after.

It was a stunning looking 17 disc set however..

batmantascomplete.jpg

basquille wrote: »
    I think the complete animated series was only released on Region 1, and discontinued not long after.

batmantascomplete.jpg

I have an earlier release, sold as separate seasons. Region 1 alright. Great show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

Thanks OP, just ordered them for my Batman loving 6 year old! By the way shopping is only an additional £0.99 stg so it really is great value.

• Advertisement

Just in case anyone thinks Mask of the Phantasm is your average cartoon, check out the opening credits. Sound needed for full effect!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xgDpesd428

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

basquille wrote: »

batmantascomplete.jpg

Yeah, all we got over here is the individual series and the Dark Knight Chonicles which is a mixed bag of episodes rather than a specific series (got that for Christmas)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,558 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

you may be interested in this as well
    http://www.sendit.com/dvd/dc-comics-exclusive-75th-anniversary-collection-10-disc/10201318.html
    it was cheaper last week and everywhere else cheaper is sold out now

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭SeanyMc22

Skerries wrote: »
    you may be interested in this as well
    http://www.sendit.com/dvd/dc-comics-exclusive-75th-anniversary-collection-10-disc/10201318.html
    it was cheaper last week and everywhere else cheaper is sold out now

Is that Batman Series the one that was on The Den in the 90's?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Looks like it's 4 discs of selected episodes from the classic Dini/Timm/Conroy era 90's batman cartoon. The full series set on R1 is 16 discs on it's own so there's no way it's anything more than a best-of :)

Review of the set on Zavvi confirms :
    "I bought this set thinking that it contained all of the Batman animated adventures. It doesn't. The four discs of the Batman series are selected episodes and, on reflection, it would have taken far more than these four discs to cover the entire series... "

Looking at the picture of the discs, looks like Amazon sell the 4 volumes seperately (assuming the cover of the DVD matches the disc) if you want to see what episodes are included.

Advertisement