Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irish Japanese Arcade Container

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭geotrig

pity :( as we were never going to have one closer to home ,still interested in a noir (hd or full hd) if you are bringing stuff in , at least my room got a clean up from the exercise and a kickstart to finish restoring the one I neglected !

Candy prices have being rising for a while now in japan and dino kings I don't think were ever viable from Japan as they seem come in about 3-400 eur before internal shipping ,which considering sega uk offloaded most of the ones in the uk for 100-150 at the time puts it into perspective.

Cheapest candys that I've seen over the last while seem to be net citys ,new net city.

also am amazed there was little interest in the gbalance , the french seem to really like them and tateable with jamma and jvs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Gradius

It's a large undertaking and not easy to pull off, unfortunately. Maybe things will clear up with taxes and all that after Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭dav09

geotrig wrote: »
    pity :( as we were never going to have one closer to home ,still interested in a noir (hd or full hd) if you are bringing stuff in , at least my room got a clean up from the exercise and a kickstart to finish restoring the one I neglected !

Candy prices have being rising for a while now in japan and dino kings I don't think were ever viable from Japan as they seem come in about 3-400 eur before internal shipping ,which considering sega uk offloaded most of the ones in the uk for 100-150 at the time puts it into perspective.

Cheapest candys that I've seen over the last while seem to be net citys ,new net city.

also am amazed there was little interest in the gbalance , the french seem to really like them and tateable with jamma and jvs
    Gradius wrote: »
    It's a large undertaking and not easy to pull off, unfortunately. Maybe things will clear up with taxes and all that after Christmas.

Yeah I'm fairly sure it'll happen at some stage just when is the question. Have been involved with sharing containers and have brought in plenty of stuff from the US and Japan but doing a dedicated one here sounded like a plan especially now with the UK leaving and hopefully more interest here down the line. I can get some stuff from China and probably will shortly but they don't usually have many Candys just Vewlix's mostly and are brand new, and newer drivers like Initial D, Mario kart that wouldn't interest many.

Jap prices are difficult, I don't want to list games that'll rip people off (if the prices I'm getting are expensive) so still the UK and Europe will be best bet for some stuff, but should be able to get a good lot of games for cheaper still. They also offered classic games from the 80s and 90s but again, would probably be half the price here after import. New Net Citys do seem to be the cheapest cabs usually, as for Dinos yeah prices have gone mad there. New Net Citys can be got for around 4-500 on buyee, but adding in fees, handling fees, shipping, import tax, insurance, and potential for other hidden fees it'll be close to probably between 800-1000 landed here.

There will also be some new stock in a few months hopefully too, there's a few good rhythm games I wanted to bring in like Sound Voltex and a few others not in stock yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

If any taito or sega 43cm stools make it into this container I’ll take 1 or 2

Advertisement