Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X-plane - EIDL Donegal

Options
  • 03-05-2020 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭

Why am I doing this to myself :pac: I'm making Donegal for X-plane. Spent some time preparing the airport and now have my first object made, the stone welcome sign outside the main entrance to the terminal.

https://i.ibb.co/NpkpWpV/22.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/whDpyng/21.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Trying out some new methods. Was wondering whether to do the Donegal flags or not. Now that they're done I think I'm definitely going to keep them, they look pretty good I think.

gfdsa.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Skyknight

:cool:Looking really good, Ciano35

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Psychlops

Where do I get your stuff & can I just use with my default scenery?

Psychlops wrote: »
    Where do I get your stuff & can I just use with my default scenery?

Here's all my airports in order of release:

Cork

Shannon

Knock

Sligo

Skyknight helped me with a couple of them so big thanks to him!

Have you installed scenery libraries before? You'll need a good share of them to get all my airports working. Drop me a message on the x-plane forum if you'd like me to guide you through it.

Has anybody ever attempted to put Helipads around Ireland for the likes of Hospitals & Golf Courses?

Just a thought/hope :pac:

• Advertisement

Main Terminal is getting there. Also messing around with lights that shine on the building.

Cessna-172-SP-2020-05-06-16-59-52.png

Cessna-172-SP-2020-05-06-17-00-07.png

Cessna-172-SP-2020-05-06-17-00-35.png

:eek: Damn, man that looks good. :cool: Its that 3D Lightconfigurator you have been playing with?

Has anybody ever attempted to put Helipads around Ireland for the likes of Hospitals & Golf Courses?

Just a thought/hope :pac:

This subject could have done with its own thread....That said :)

I was always under the impression that one of the big advantages of helicopters was that they could land almost anywhere :D...I'm sorry that was bad.

As far as I am aware there about 34 pads in Ireland...I am not aware of any package, other than those at EISL, EIWT, EIFR, EIKY, EIWF and EICK...The packages of Irish airfields on the org,may indeed contain soom pads....
    https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/31425-11-private-airstrips-in-ireland/
    https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/27059-16-irish-vfr-airfields/

As far as the hospitals(or the pads attached to them, there is no scenery available at the moment for them.....

Skyknight wrote: »
    :eek: Damn, man that looks good. :cool: Its that 3D Lightconfigurator you have been playing with?

I have no idea what that is :D I found these by chance, they’re called ‘uplights’ in the stock X-plane libraries.

XD Oh right..... I may have seen them once or twice when looking for other set/types of lights. They great though B)
    I though it was this one:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7RvlskO5Hw

XD Oh right..... I may have seen them once or twice when looking for other set/types of lights. They great though B)
    I though it was this one:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7RvlskO5Hw

I looked it up after your post, now I'm learning how to use it, it's actually very useful and I should be able to make some pretty good lights with it :cool:

• Advertisement

Ground layout is taking shape. Also made 3d footpaths which look pretty good I think.

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

Wow Ciano:eek:, that looks bloody stunning. Awesome work . :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Wow Ciano:eek:, that looks bloody stunning. Awesome work . :cool:

Yep really well done Ciano, sir!

Hi Ciano, im just wondering what packs I need to download to get your airports up & running? Objects I think I need or something?

Hiya Psychlops
    Annoying as it is, its usually best to round up all the Usual Suspects......ALL of them...well, maybe not exactly all The following are a couple that I can think of off hand:
    BS 2001 Library
    Flags of the world
    OpensceneryX
    People Library
    RuScenery
    AutoGate/SAM plugin
    handyobjects,
    misterx,
    3d people.

Hiya Psychlops
    Annoying as it is, its usually best to round up all the Usual Suspects......ALL of them...well, maybe not exactly all The following are a couple that I can think of off hand:
    BS 2001 Library
    Flags of the world
    OpensceneryX
    People Library
    RuScenery
    AutoGate/SAM plugin
    handyobjects,
    misterx,
    3d people.

Hey Psychlops, if you have all the libraries above, as well as:

pm_library
    RescueX
    RE_library
    CDB Library
    FAIB Aircraft
    European vehicles static
    FF_library
    gt_library
    World models (link here )

Then all my sceneries will work. The reason there's so many libraries is that I was just starting to learn how to make scenery when I did EICK, and used a way too many objects from different libraries, whereas now I try to limit my sceneries to about 4 libraries. If you need help finding those libraries let me know.

Fire Station done, all buildings pretty much finished now, just to add some finishing touches. Should be able to release fairly soon.

31.jpg

32.jpg

33.jpg

34.jpg

35.jpg

36.jpg

:O

Jaysus, do some hospitals with Helipads for Ireland will ya? Sligo, Letterkenny, Dublin (Beaumont-Tallaght-St James), UH Limerick & UH Galway & Castlebar, they would be epic for XP11, ill even donate to you as I see you have a paypal donate ;-)

Come on..Do it! What are you waiting for :pac:

• Advertisement

Come on..Do it! What are you waiting for :pac:

I'll be honest in admitting I have no idea how to do helipads :o I can look into it though.

Ciano35 wrote: »
    I'll be honest in admitting I have no idea how to do helipads :o I can look into it though.

Please do, you are obviously very talented. Bravo.

We have animated flags!

41.jpg

:eek: Damn that's looking good. :D;)

Looking damn good, Ciano B)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Looks amazing.

:cool:Ciano35,