Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Being snug abed. Can't beat it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,126 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Getting bright out already 🙂

Went to the gate to bring post in; and there was the dreaded bank statement.. opened it gingerly - but a lovely surprise.

Internet shopping calls - for things that have long been on my list....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭Archeron

Just standing outside a shop and a woman walked by with a jack Russell on a lead.

She gave me a big smiley hello and walked past.

Just after passing the dog did a massive sneeze and she looked down at him and said Bless You. Probably more TH in my head than it actually was :)

The freedom living alone gives... If need be I can stay abed all day long to keep warm... No close neighbours either... Peace and privacy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I've discovered silicone toilet brushes. The best thing I've bought in a long time.

OK, it was €20 but it's so much more hygienic, flexible and durable than the plastic ones with the brush head.

It's my new gadget 😁

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 24,829 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Spurs out of Europe… i normally am quite unbiased about their progress in any competition but one thing that got my goat was their ball boys / girls, breaking their necks to return the ball to Spurs players when it went out of play, but when it’s a Milan ball for most of the match they can’t move slow enough to retrieve it and instead of handing/throwing the ball quickly back to the Milan lads, they place it on the ground near the sideline… that tactic changes near the end when Spurs are running out of time…im happy because Spurs are out 🤷‍♂️😁

• Registered Users Posts: 16,394 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Where did you acquire this marvel?

I'm happy at the prospect of snow even though it probably won't happen. 😁

A local hardware shop. They're getting quite common now, I've seen them in different places.

I love the fresh blanket of undisturbed snow. But I get OCDy when it starts to get tyre tracks and foot prints.

And by the time the thaw and slush arrive, I close the curtains!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Lidl had them, too, not too long ago.

• Advertisement

Maybe post that information in the "etiquette" thread 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Rang my health insurance to check if receipts that are two years old are worth submitting, they are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Th2 I was only waiting ten minutes before someone who knew stuff picked up the phone.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭sporina

fab - this happened me late last yr.. had receipts over a yr old - but submitted them anyway and got the €€.... woo hoo.. thought they had to be submitted within 12 mths

LOVING been able to go to events in The Arts again as oppose to watching online...

was at a comedy event last night (laughter is soo important - even better with friends in a social setting) a play last week, ballet the week before (Ukrainian Ballet - Swan Lake - was unreal).. and more stuff like this in the pipe line.. hmm.. a hungry in me is being satisfied hmm,.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I LOVE it when you have to attend big meetings where board members come up with bullshít arguments to cover up very serious shortcomings that should be addressed (especially when people's lives are at risk), use lots of words to camouflage them and to confuse people, and you're able with one or two pointed comments to cut through their cr@p and basically show that the emperor is naked. Absolutely LOVE it. Especially when you get to hold the microphone. A true David and Goliath situation.

YUSSSSS!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,173 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Off to the pub in a few minutes. Happy friday!!

Too many to list.... a sleeping cat abed with me is the closest. The title reminds me of a very old Irish blessing... lists eg giving thanks for "food in the eating place.... fire in the fire place... Basics that mean so much when things are tough. A safe roof overhead. A good neighbour... Good friend/family, overseas...... but with modern communications... Kind folk at the shop who send me gifts!

Now if only I could find the camera to computer flex... The snow topped mountains in bright sun are magnificent ..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

France are absolutely WHOOPING England’s ass

• Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Finding a new favourite tune !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,829 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

10-53 and that seemed to flatter England…. They couldn’t have complained if France stuck another 10 on that score.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,126 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Learnt a complete Thin Lizzy song on the guitar in a few minutes.

Now it's one of the simplest songs ever but I'm crap on the guitar.

had a wonderful afternoon with friends in a nice restaurant - good food, fab people/company, sun shining in the window - followed by a sunny walk along the sea hmmm hmm hmm.. now chilling with OH after dinner.. #gratitude

That my feet have defrosted in the milder air!

Seeing truly repugnant American libertarians and “venture capitalists” now advocating for the State to step in and bail out the bank they had invested their money in, and trying to pitch it as a way of protecting “mom and pop” investors.

So funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Went for a walk to buy the newspaper and met our cat on the way (in a different part of the estate). She started rolling on the footpath as soon as she saw me.

Was told this week that my latest acquired cat ( belonged to a dear lady who died and he was clearly adored and so well cared for) has been seen in every corner of the island! Maybe he is looking for her? I started my early ambles today and he follows me doglike... Makes me happy to care for him and that he is happy abed with me....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,831 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

A mug of coffee with Rich Tea biscuits sandwiched together with butter, simple but TH ☺️

Listening to wind and rain on the windows and knowing I do not need to go outside for anything tonight.. Simple pleasures are best..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,394 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Advertisement