Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

trump wants to kill off United nations

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Not a bad call really.

They've spent the pandemic tweeting about what gender pronouns and correct language we all should be using....

Oh and calling for the end of the patriarchy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Shock... VOX publish anti Trump article.
    2020 and you can't get unbiased reports.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

"Trump devours the livers of 247 migrants to absorb their life force"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Not a bad call really.

They've spent the pandemic tweeting about what gender pronouns and correct language we all should be using....

this is it, they've moved from peacekeeping to virtue signalling. I hope to see every organisation that talks about pronouns and patriarchy rapidly defunded. There are limited careers for the people who are into that, most of them sadly funded by governments, lets work to bring unity to the world by abolishing those career paths.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

Not a bad call really.

The UN has been worthless for decades. The UN site in NYC would make a great parking lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,314 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

To be fair most american ones would be too fatty...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,231 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

I ate them with some fava beans and a nice Chianti

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭briany

I ate them with some fava beans and a nice Chianti

ff-ff-ff-ff-ff-ff-ff-ff-ff-ff

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

this is it, they've moved from peacekeeping to virtue signalling. I hope to see every organisation that talks about pronouns and patriarchy rapidly defunded. There are limited careers for the people who are into that, most of them sadly funded by governments, lets work to bring unity to the world by abolishing those career paths.

Well, their charter also covers human rights issues. Gender discrimination is a part of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

There is absolutely no need for most of it. It's another NGO money train. All you need is a security council. Which is what it was set up for. Not a world government.

It's like the EU. It started off as a free trade agreement and now they are practically our sovereign government

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,569 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Is it really the case that people are just mindlessly parroting anything that Trump says with no thought whatsoever?

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭timetogo1

I've thought it was kind of useless with one of the major countries frequently vetoing anything that might be useful.

It seems difficult to get a resolution through that the US, Russia, UK, France & China will all agree with without one of them using their veto.
    Ironically the US are the second highest users of their veto after Russia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,673 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Well, their charter also covers human rights issues. Gender discrimination is a part of that.

Maybe he doesn't see the point in being the largest contributor to its budget for baloney like pronouns.

Maybe he doesn't see the point in being the largest contributor to its budget for baloney like pronouns.

I suspect it's more than just that. It's the UN stance on asylum seekers, refugees and migrants. This expectation that nations have to accept them, in many cases, irrespective of the normal national immigration policies. The UN hasn't adapted to a changing world, and holds to idealistic drafts regarding migration (and human rights, which seem to increase every year)... which only appear to extend (in practice) to western nations being forced to comply.

The UN doesn't need to face the consequences of their policies... which is why many of their initiatives, while being very "nice", have long-term negatives for countries.

Edit: for those who are curious... have a look at the UN equality commission with their news releases on initiatives for gender equality. The focus is (and has nearly always been) focused entirely on women's rights, irrespective of the problems that men face throughout the world. It's an organisation that pushes an agenda.. PR spinning about equality, but rarely doing anything beyond a minor gesture to bring it about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I kinda lost faith in UN when they elected Saudi Arabia to the Human Rights council

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,673 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

biko wrote: »
    I kinda lost faith in UN when they elected Saudi Arabia to the Human Rights council

Money talks!

Just shows what hypocrites they are turning a blind eye when people get their hands and heads chopped off as punishment.

Now personally I'm not bothered what they do to rapists and murderers but the UN are the ones always bladdering on about human rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭randd1

Money talks!

Just shows what hypocrites they are turning a blind eye when people get their hands and heads chopped off as punishment.

Now personally I'm not bothered what they do to rapists and murderers but the UN are the ones always bladdering on about human rights.

Human rights abuses only count for the UN in countries that apply them.

"What's this Ireland? People in prison don't have a fourth hot meal a day to help them relax with their television sets and free healthcare? Barbarism!! We don't care if Saudi Arabia is chopping off he hands of thieves or if Brunei are stoning homosexuals to death, or if female genital mutilation is being applied rampantly across North and West Africa, this is about your horrors".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

which I would believe if the UN's twitter account and plans were all "women and LGBT people are being badly treated in muslim countries" "we need to wipe out FGM in Africa" not "a woman can have a penis bigot"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

biko wrote: »

haha, yeah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,930 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

There is absolutely no need for most of it. It's another NGO money train. All you need is a security council. Which is what it was set up for. Not a world government.

It's like the EU. It started off as a free trade agreement and now they are practically our sovereign government

This

And just like the EU, the "mission creep" has completely changed and undermined the original purpose, while losing significant support in the process.

• Advertisement
Advertisement