Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are Irish people cr*p at haggling?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,474 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Seamai wrote: »
    I could be wrong but I've always seen it more of a country than a city thing. I know a few who do it and they are all come from well off farming backgrounds, they're also quite tight in other ways and I think that might be one of the reasons that many here don't do it. Meanness has always been seen as a major flaw in Ireland and asking for a discount could be seen as an extension of this.

You are wrong because I had three men in their 60's from one of the richest areas of Dublin offer me 10 euro for something that was 20 euro. I told them the price was 20 euro and they reluctantly paid me that sum. These guys were without doubt millionaires. on the other hand i find people from the inner city in Dublin or from places like tallaght and crumlin to be great tippers and generous with their money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭joeguevara

pgj2015 wrote: »
    You are wrong because I had three men in their 60's from one of the richest areas of Dublin offer me 10 euro for something that was 20 euro. I told them the price was 20 euro and they reluctantly paid me that sum. These guys were without doubt millionaires. on the other hand i find people from the inner city in Dublin or from places like tallaght and crumlin to be great tippers and generous with their money.

"Ah hayor.....da workin class are da salt of de earth and d'ose bleeding poshies up in dalkie are da worst and scabby."

joeguevara wrote: »
    "Ah hayor.....da workin class are da salt of de earth and d'ose bleeding poshies up in dalkie are da worst and scabby."

I know. some rich people are sound and generous but I would prefer to see a salt of the earth dub than a rich person from Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭joeguevara

I know. some rich people are sound and generous but I would prefer to see a salt of the earth dub than a rich person from Dublin.

Is it McCains or Beshoff chip on your shoulder there. Your generalisations and stereotypes are trite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭Uncle Pierre

I bought something for 25 euro on adverts lately, second hand in perfect condition, brand new online was 90 euro. someone offered 24 euro.

I was selling a pine door once on it for 30 euro(sold it for 30), I saw a better one for 10 euro on adverts and some chancer offered 5 euro. I would chop it up for firewood before i would have sold it for 5 euro.

A lot of the time it is people who have loads of money who are the miserable hagglers.

I listed some stuff there for free recently. All pretty low value stuff that we decided to get rid of during our lockdown clean-up, and that I wasn't bothered getting into the haggling stuff over.

For some of it, I'd accept a request, and then get a private message: 'will you deliver?'

No, I most certainly will not deliver, when you're getting the damn thing for free in the first place! Least you could do is make an effort to come and collect it!

joeguevara wrote: »
    Is it McCains or Beshoff chip on your shoulder there. Your generalisations and stereotypes are trite.

It is from experience, I deal with all kinds running my business and im impartial really as im neither a dub from a so called poorer area or from a rich area in Dublin. a rich dub will give a 1 euro tip and think they are great for doing so, a dub from the inner city or a poorer area will give a 10 euro tip on a service that is 10 euro and think its normal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

I listed some stuff there for free recently. All pretty low value stuff that we decided to get rid of during our lockdown clean-up, and that I wasn't bothered getting into the haggling stuff over.

For some of it, I'd accept a request, and then get a private message: 'will you deliver?'

No, I most certainly will not deliver, when you're getting the damn thing for free in the first place! Least you could do is make an effort to come and collect it!

If you can, just go Charity Shop at that price point. Less hassle with dodgy types if giving away. Far better prices if buying. I was looking at old xbxox 360 games recently. Absolute dreamers online. Picked up a game trilogy for €1 in the charity shop.
    Same goes for budget second hand furniture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,080 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

All just west Brits at the end of the day ; )

CrankyHaus wrote: »
    If you can, just go Charity Shop at that price point. Less hassle with dodgy types if giving away. Far better prices if buying. I was looking at old xbxox 360 games recently. Absolute dreamers online. Picked up a game trilogy for €1 in the charity shop.
    Same goes for budget second hand furniture.

The free stuff on adverts is gone within seconds, scroungers who will sell it on themselves, good idea on the charity shop. My dad gave away something for free once on a site like adverts, i just knew from looking at the guy that he was going to sell it on the scammer, he was letting on that it was for his daughter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Would always haggle for big ticket items and things like insurance. Bought new windows last year for 8,500 and the salesman wasnt willing to offer any discount whatsoever saying 'thats the price'. I walked away from the deal and 24 hours later he's on the phone offering 250 off, we agreed on 300 and I went ahead. It was only a small discount relative to the full price but I think with big ticket items the vendor should sweeten the deal. Same with buying a car, it should come with a full tank of petrol for good luck.

With Adverts if I put in an offer Im always willing for the vendor to throw me a counter offer and we will meet half way. If they dont counter offer and accept the first offer then great. But I wouldnt lose a deal over 5 or 10 euro like some people do. There is haggling and then there is just being a plain tightarse.

breezy1985 wrote: »

all Dubs are west Brits in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Humberto Salazar

When I went to Egypt years ago, every vendor in every shop or market started haggling. I got tired of it. When we asked our guide did he haggle, he laughed. Only for tourists, they think you like it. No locals haggle like that over small things.

I dropped off some boxes of stuff to a charity shop in the local town all right (about eight miles away - we're out in the countryside ourselves). Books, toys, that kind of thing.

The stuff I put up for free on adverts wouldn't have lent itself so well to the charity shop - for example, an old and somewhat stained desk, and two old bar stools that had been gathering dust in the garage. Not easy to haul to a shop when you couldn't be guaranteed parking anywhere near the shop itself.

It was a case of either breaking them up for firewood or letting somebody else have them, and I went for the second one. But still people wanted me to deliver too! One of them was from about 25 miles away. I'd have broken it up for firewood a lot quicker than I'd have made a 50-mile round trip........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭NSAman

Living abroad and having my own businesses for the past 30 odd years, I know the costs of things and also the fact that profit margin has to be built in.

IN the States, the price is the price (unless you have a discount coupon, can show it cheaper somewhere else online and get price matched AND haggle) it does work....

When it comes to workmen, I never accept the price, lawyers, builders, contractors accountants ALL get haggled with. Money is better in my pocket than in someone else. Needless to say, I will not push them for a ridiculous price but a "fair" price. One thing that does stand to me, is that I have a record of paying immediately on anything, this means I get good prices.

When haggling, think of purchasing a house. Someone wants to sell, I want to buy. The price listed is the price that they wish to get, it is not the price that I wish to pay. On property I always start low and end up somewhere that I am comfortable with, but the seller has to be comfortable too. This is all done through a real estate broker/agent. Think of haggling as the dancing of the deal, without a third party involved.

If you are not happy with a price, simply walk away....;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

Markets are the best place to dicker because it's their goods, or antique shops ect.
    No point asking a member of staff in a normal retail outlet

• Advertisement

NSAman wrote: »
    Living abroad and having my own businesses for the past 30 odd years, I know the costs of things and also the fact that profit margin has to be built in.

IN the States, the price is the price (unless you have a discount coupon, can show it cheaper somewhere else online and get price matched AND haggle) it does work....

When it comes to workmen, I never accept the price, lawyers, builders, contractors accountants ALL get haggled with. Money is better in my pocket than in someone else. Needless to say, I will not push them for a ridiculous price but a "fair" price. One thing that does stand to me, is that I have a record of paying immediately on anything, this means I get good prices.

When haggling, think of purchasing a house. Someone wants to sell, I want to buy. The price listed is the price that they wish to get, it is not the price that I wish to pay. On property I always start low and end up somewhere that I am comfortable with, but the seller has to be comfortable too. This is all done through a real estate broker/agent. Think of haggling as the dancing of the deal, without a third party involved.

If you are not happy with a price, simply walk away....;)

if most lawers wanted 2,000 for their service and another one wanted 1,000, would you haggle with the 1,000 lawer?

if most lawers wanted 2,000 for their service and another one wanted 1,000, would you haggle with the 1,000 lawer?

Depends on the level of trust I have on Lawyers (which for the most part is zero) not the price. If a lawyer is charging half the going rate, there is something suspicious about this... it either means he is looking for business or he is unsuited to the job in hand. Research is key in hiring anyone. If he is looking for business, then yes I would still haggle, but only after doing my research about the guy and talking to him directly. If he has little to no experience, then I am not willing to take the chance.

Haggling is an art form. You have to be non-confrontational, but firm and also good humour ALWAYS works.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

breezy1985 wrote: »

Just the north siders !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

I dropped off some boxes of stuff to a charity shop in the local town all right (about eight miles away - we're out in the countryside ourselves). Books, toys, that kind of thing.

The stuff I put up for free on adverts wouldn't have lent itself so well to the charity shop - for example, an old and somewhat stained desk, and two old bar stools that had been gathering dust in the garage. Not easy to haul to a shop when you couldn't be guaranteed parking anywhere near the shop itself.

It was a case of either breaking them up for firewood or letting somebody else have them, and I went for the second one. But still people wanted me to deliver too! One of them was from about 25 miles away. I'd have broken it up for firewood a lot quicker than I'd have made a 50-mile round trip........

They have charity furniture warehouses now, typically in big units in Industrial estates. For instance there's one in Cherry Orchard and one in Navan. I only found out about them this year and they're fairly handy. Not sure what they will and won't accept though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Greyfox

hardybuck wrote: »
    The price on an item is an 'invitation to treat', i.e. inviting the consumer to make an offer for the price that's displayed.

The problem is in retail stores staff have no power to offer discounts so it turns into a customer been annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

When I worked in retail (sports) for a long number of years it used to break my heart.

Negotiators always did better than in your face hagglers. There's a subtle difference in how you conduct yourself...

"How much is that to me ?" (Who the flock are you ??)
    "How much for cash ? " (Unfortunately we stopped taking oranges in exchange just yesterday...) - I can partly understand that one as shops pay a service fee for credit cards but when I see it on adverts and the like I have to laugh..

What really wound me up was that certain clubs would have a discount, 5 or 10% depending on the items usually. Bridget would arrive in to buy something and declare that she was a member of XYZ Club so was entitled to a 10% discount but she was also a member of ABC Club so she was entitled to another 10% off for that and by the way I also have a student card... My boss at the time, the owner, used to practically tell them to flock off and shop elsewhere.

Worst of all was the crowd looking for freebies as they were going on a walking trip (holiday) to Machu Pichu or some place and it would be great advertising for us if they were to be using one of our 200 euro backpacks. All that freebies ever achieved was getting more people in looking for their freebies so that stopped completely.

Slightly related to that is people in looking for sponsorship for various clubs / events. This could happen anywhere from 40 to 60 times a week !! Some who were rebuffed could understand this but others would go off on a rant or leave in a huff. Just the people you want to be giving sponsorship to :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

elbyrneo wrote: »
    I'm brilliant at haggling, have a technique that might resonate with others.

I start off by asking how much something is and i then ask my wife to come over, and then i pop away meekly and a few minutes later I pop back and lo and behold the price has reduced significantly and the vendor looks terribly downbeat and a shell of the man he was before.

Well I'm not sure if I'm prepared to let the guy shag my wife for the sake of getting a few quid off!

Depends on the level of trust I have on Lawyers (which for the most part is zero) not the price. If a lawyer is charging half the going rate, there is something suspicious about this... it either means he is looking for business or he is unsuited to the job in hand. Research is key in hiring anyone. If he is looking for business, then yes I would still haggle, but only after doing my research about the guy and talking to him directly. If he has little to no experience, then I am not willing to take the chance.

Haggling is an art form. You have to be non-confrontational, but firm and also good humour ALWAYS works.

My accountant is a third of the price of other accountants and he is really good in fairness, better than the last company i used who charged way more. why would I insult him by trying to haggle with him when i know he is charging me a fair price? some businesses just charge lower price so they have a lot of customers, and I will always recommend him to people i know, not just because of what he charges but because he is really good at his job.

A business deal is a two way street, isn't it better that both parties are happy with the deal? customers I have dealt with who haggled with me were dropped for ones who don't haggle and I will do favors for them not the hagglers.

I never do it. I'm not comfortable with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭monkeybutter

I buy most things for work on credit and do my haggling after the fact. You're in a much stronger position to knock some money off after the goods have arrived and are in your possession.

There's enough people desperate for business out there that you can just move supplier if they don't like it.

What exactly are you buying in this imaginary scenario?

My accountant is a third of the price of other accountants and he is really good in fairness, better than the last company i used who charged way more. why would I insult him by trying to haggle with him when i know he is charging me a fair price? some businesses just charge lower price so they have a lot of customers, and I will always recommend him to people i know, not just because of what he charges but because he is really good at his job.

A business deal is a two way street, isn't it better that both parties are happy with the deal? customers I have dealt with who haggled with me were dropped for ones who don't haggle and I will do favors for them not the hagglers.

Obviously it is a two way street. Both parties have to be happy, that goes without saying. If someone is good at their job and experienced and you are happy with them, then once the price is fair, you stay with them. That is pretty standard across business.

How did you find out he is 1/3 the cost of the other accountants? You obviously approached someone else? Correct?

Obviously it is a two way street. Both parties have to be happy, that goes without saying. If someone is good at their job and experienced and you are happy with them, then once the price is fair, you stay with them. That is pretty standard across business.

How did you find out he is 1/3 the cost of the other accountants? You obviously approached someone else? Correct?

my first accountant took the piss with the price he charged, I rang around a few others and found my current one.

I was just wondering do you haggle the price on everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭skinny90

I bluff myself into situations, I dont know if its a skill or if im likable(i dont personally think so) but ive never left annoyed or embarrassed or not gotten what I wanted price wise

I always haggle when buying margin rich items. Like designer brands jewelry etc.....

electronics il take what ever I get but there generally tighter as margins are often quite low.

Eitherway id have done my research into what I want and how much im willing to part with so anything less than that is a bonus

Id never get into an argument with a sales colleague/retail staff or demand a lower price, I dont know if thats just good fortune or if I have a way about me but I always do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

I occasionally sell stuff on adverts, the odd purchase also. I decide a price that I will sell for then add at least 20% to get a starting price to take account of Adverts buyers rarely offering asking price.

The items I sell are usually straightforward to value whether used or new.

Worked well recently, put an item up for EUR 80, it was difficult to price, I would have taken EUR 50, as it had been sitting in a drawer unused for 25 years, received an offer for EUR 80. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

On sites like Adverts.ie there are a lot of Irish hagglers.
    They take the pee with their insanely lowball offers.

• Advertisement

Really hate the people who haggle, you reach a price but they don’t follow through with an offer. Next person comes along, sees the comments and knocks 20% off the price you agreed with the first person.

But then you have an item for 100 you say to someone I’ll sell for 80, no response, then a few days later someone offers 90.

Really hate the people who haggle, you reach a price but they don’t follow through with an offer. Next person comes along, sees the comments and knocks 20% off the price you agreed with the first person.

But then you have an item for 100 you say to someone I’ll sell for 80, no response, then a few days later someone offers 90.

Are you sure you are thinking of Adverts?

Are you sure you are thinking of Adverts?

No, it’s happened. :)

I’ve actually sold stuff to someone in France and someone in Italy through adverts. Not Irish people based there.

First person haggled, but I got my price and a few quid extra plus postage and PayPal fees. Second person offer asking price plus postage and PayPal fees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Depends on where you haggle :p
    Buying or selling or down a market then sure. Getting your groceries from Aldi not do much.

Depends on where you haggle :p
    Buying or selling or down a market then sure. Getting your groceries from Aldi not do much.

What about in a brothel:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,517 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

On sites like Adverts.ie there are a lot of Irish hagglers.
    They take the pee with their insanely lowball offers.

Check the reviews on what they've sold, chances are these jokers turn your item around to sell for themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I would be very careful about giving away bulky stuff for free on Adverts as it is a very good way for a potential burglar to get inside your house and case it before a job.

Had an bad experience a number of years back on Adverts trying to give away two sofas. One was perfect condition and probably could have been sold for 70 or 80 euro, the other one was worn with a slope in the middle. Didnt have time to sell them before a new one was being delivered so put an ad up giving them for free. Made it crystal clear in the ad that I wanted both sofas gone together but despite this some sham showed up in a clunked out red Transit van that needed a rope to keep the back doors closed. He had his wife with him and she only wanted to take the good one, she is mumbling that they 'couldnt get rid of the other one', Id say they were traders getting free stuff off Adverts/Donedeal and then selling it on, they had PMed me less than 10 minutes after the ad went up which is another signal of traders looking to flip freebies.

Anyway an argument breaks out, they're insisting on taking the good one and Im insisting they either take both or they get out of my home. In the end they left with her shouting abuse at me so I swore never again would I give away a bulky item for free on Adverts where they have to come into your home to get it out of there. Its not worth the hassle or risk dealing with these people. In the end someone told me of Oxfam who pick up furniture and I had both of them gone two days later. But that experience taught me a lesson, here was me trying to do a good deed and I end up getting abused in my own home, never again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Feisar

I buy most things for work on credit and do my haggling after the fact. You're in a much stronger position to knock some money off after the goods have arrived and are in your possession.

There's enough people desperate for business out there that you can just move supplier if they don't like it.

That's not haggling, that's ripping someone off.

First they came for the socialists...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

It is largely a forgotten skill. I remember at the age of 16 haggling over the price of an Amiga computer. These days I don't bother haggling, just like the rest of the Irish suckers.

• Advertisement

Fair 'nuff, so. I'll go for the firewood option the next time!

tdf7187 wrote: »
    It is largely a forgotten skill. I remember at the age of 16 haggling over the price of an Amiga computer. These days I don't bother haggling, just like the rest of the Irish suckers.

I sold an Amiga 500 Plus through ‘Buy and Sell’ magazine almost 30 years ago at this stage. Put the cash towards an Amiga 1200. You had to ring them and leave a voice mail to place the ad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭micar

Was at the hill of Tara on a warm summers day and witnessed a woman by herself haggle with man in the ice cream van over ice cream cone.....probably only about €2.50.

He wasn't having any of it. She eventually accepted defeat and reluctantly agreeded to pay the full price.

She then asked if he would include a flake for the same price.

He said no. She said his prices were a rip off and walked away without an ice cream.

I just couldn't believe what I was seeing. It was both bizarre and hilarious.

micar wrote: »
    Was at the hill of Tara on a warm summers day and witnessed a woman by herself haggle with man in the ice cream van over ice cream cone.....probably only about €2.50.

He wasn't having any of it. She eventually accepted defeat and reluctantly agreeded to pay the full price.

She then asked if he would include a flake for the same price.

He said no. She said his prices were a rip off and walked away without an ice cream.

I just couldn't believe what I was seeing. It was both bizarre and hilarious.

I knew someone worked in a community centre cafe and certain customers used try and and haggle for extra food or lower prices on an already massively subsidised non profit breakfast

I sold an Amiga 500 Plus through ‘Buy and Sell’ magazine almost 30 years ago at this stage. Put the cash towards an Amiga 1200. You had to ring them and leave a voice mail to place the ad.

GlossyPlushBangeltiger-size_restricted.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭wally1990

When I was in Turkey I got used to it

After a few days of knowing the minimum they would accept on certain clothing (I've been told just get out for offering stupid low amounts ) and also figuring out if they genuinely had literally had no interest themselves to sell or work for the sale ,I changed my approach

If I saw a shirt and let's say they wanted 40lira and I knew I wanted to give no more than 12 lira

I would have my wife wait away out of the shop out of sight and I would purposely only have 12 lira on me with a note in my wallet and change making up the 2lira in my back pocket

After browsing and pretending I had no interest for a minute or 2, I would then ask the price of a random shirt nearby (I had no interest ) he would say X ,
    id say no no
    And move on ltowards the door looking then pick up the one I want

I'd ask the price

He would say 40 ,

I'd say 5 as a joke and eventually my wife would come in as an urgency saying come on we are gonna be late for the dinner , let's go

The shop keeper starts panicking because he had me talking

I would offer 10 as my final offer and open my wallet with the 10 showing and nothing else in the wallet, not even a bank card, just a 10 note

he would be annoyed and know I've no other money and then try to say get money off the wife , but she would literally storm out and be pretending to be annoyed with me for being late and she is now gone altogether

I'd put back the item on the rack and joke saying I'm in the dog house now and he knows anyway I am on the way out the door now to chase the angry wife and get to dinner

I would then pretend I don't care anymore and need to go and say things like

Look , I'd give ya 5 and you didn't want it ,

I've only a 10 on me and flash the stupid note inside the wallet and then start walking out the door step and he would know I'm gone and I'd pull out the 2 lira from the back pocket as if I found something and say look, take the 12 or nothing

I'm on the door edge holding no clothing looking for the wife, moving my head as if that's my focus

They accepted in 95% of cases in anger (obviously they have a Cost base too)

I'd have my shirt and a happy wife

I got a buzz out of it but you need to be in the mood

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭JasonStatham

They aren't crap at it, it just isn't a thing here.

Although, that being said, i have a relative who says "can you do anything for me" to every retail bloke in every shop we're in. Usually she gets discount too haha. She only gets away with it cos she's a woman. If I said can you do anything for me, they'd probably increase the price. Haha. Priceless.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

i will give you two camels for your sister

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭JasonStatham

bobbyy gee wrote: »

No my price is 10 camels..

bobbyy gee wrote: »

Are we talking Dromedary or Bactrian?

my first accountant took the piss with the price he charged, I rang around a few others and found my current one.

I was just wondering do you haggle the price on everything.

If I feel,the,price,is too high ..absolutely. Believe me, I am far from a cheap ass and most certainly not tight with money. The business I have between people I work with, they know me as a good payer and someone who will come back time and time again to them for work, if they are good.

They know I won’t accept a crazy bid price. That is basically built on trust and the fact I do my research on price with any job. I have built a network of people I can rely on, haggling is done on good terms and the trust element that has built up over years.

If I do get a new contractor/professional I will ultimately test them first and foremost to see their skill levels and what their “worth” is. That sounds harsh I know, but I pride myself on delivering good quality with the best people. Ultimately, they know they will have a damned good business relationship with me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement