Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boring non-silly chatter thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

Deki :) Hi

Have you watched "the notebook"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

no haven't seen that.Is it terribly sad too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

The notebook was dung, I thought. I vaugely recall watching that and scoffing loudly at my friend, who was actually crying.

Bambi/the lion king are definately way sadder than the notebook.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I cry everytime I see the notebook even though I know what happens.

I cry at everything though. EVERYTHING

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

The notebook was not sad, can't understand how many people thought this was the biggest weepie ever. Now when Bambi's mother got shot, I didn't cry but if I was to cry at any movie that would be the one.

Princess have you seen The Champ,I did think the champ was oh so sad, did I cry NO.

• Advertisement

Have any of youse ever had iron injections? I'm starting those on Thursday, intramuscular and I've just talked to a nurse friend who said they're unbeliveably painful.

I need someone to tell me she's lying.

I've never had the injections, did have to eat liver every day for a year when I was a little kid. Iron level was very low, verge of hospitalization. You need iron to deliver oxygen to cell tissues not enough oxygen - cells die- hope they aren't too painful.

Yes they are painful enough but you had a baby so it's not as bad as that.
    why you getting injections, they are not recommend any more, what about tablets?

You might want to take a look here. It's posts from those who have had the injections:
    http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=506393

may help but I think as in all health issues you should rely on your physician
    and if you don't feel comfortable with your physician you should seek out one you feel you can rely upon.:)

I've had dangerously low iron levels for a while, been on different iron pills, none any use. Dr thought I was bleeding internally but, I'm not, so, I guess my body just can't absorb the pills.

I'm used to taking insulin injections and don't find them bad, but in saying that, I'm not slamming those into a muscle.

Liver? Dear Jesus. I'd take my chances with the needle before I'd eat meat.

• Advertisement

No tea or coffee with food, plenty of orange juice helps you absorb iron.
    how low is your Iron?

Deki wrote: »
    You might want to take a look here. It's posts from those who have had the injections:
    http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=506393

may help but I think as in all health issues you should rely on your physician
    and if you don't feel comfortable with your physician you should seek out one you feel you can rely upon.:)
    my doctor is nice, when I go get blood taken he takes it because I won't let the nurse anywhere near me with a needle. Sadist.
    But he's not gonna be the one giving the shots, they have to be administered at the hospital, by a haemotoligist, as far as I know. And I'm petrified. Reading that website, they had ferritin levels of 6/7/8. Mine is 2.4 and I kno it needs to be at at least 30.

FML.

At least I will have energy, but yeah, just watch me cry like a baby on Thursday. My dad will most likely have to come with me, because I sure as sh,it won't be able to do it alone

hondasam wrote: »
    No tea or coffee with food, plenty of orange juice helps you absorb iron.
    how low is your Iron?

I don't drink tea or coffee because it contributes to toxins building up in connective tissue. I don't like citrus fruit tho and I hate most vegs, which limits the ole diet right now like nobodys business.

Ferritin level is 2.4
    haemoglobin is around 10

I believe if memory serves allow calcium level can contribute to low iron levels.
    My anemia has leveled out although still tends to be low at times. There is no reason an intramuscular injection should cause a hematoma. It sounds as if you really need the injections, especially when you have little Ava to keep up with.

haemoglobin is good,I think 11 is the average.
    Ferritin should be 12 AFAIK.

I have been anaemic in the past where I had no Iron at all in my body, iron stores used up also. I had a bleeding ulcer and did not know. I took tablets for the best part of a year. I needed a transfusion but no way would I let them do it.

Work makes me so angry!

*screams out loud*

what's up princess?

It was so busy today and we didnt have enough staff so I had to the work of about 4 people cause apparently nobody else is competent enough to do anything! Manager shouting orders at me all day when I was in the middle of about 4 things.

So tired, will get up and go to the gym any minute now....

stressful day for you, sweaty workout will de stress you.

I have been coerced into skipping the gym and going for chips on the beach.

I am a disaster of life.

First day off in a week tomorrow so I will spend it all at the gym! (not really but some of it)

• Advertisement

I would prefer sex on the beach myself, but if you like chips.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Matt Holck

sand is not sexually friendly

Depends on who is lying on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Matt Holck

like a flesh mat made with two other warm bodies beneath ?

sand gets everywhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Thread needs more silly.

silly_hans.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Why thank you. You shall have a pony.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

What good is a pony without mustard?

Is the pony pink?

• Advertisement

my-little-pony.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement