Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mac vrs PC for recording new updates wait or go PC?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

dav nagle wrote: »
    It has a beautiful asymmetry to be exact!

The truth is I absolutely love this argument because I have experienced for better or for worse both machines and I know what I am shoveling is good healthy spinach.

Shoveling healthy spinach , big dogs eating little dogs ......

Don't ever stop!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭dav nagle

PaulBrewer wrote: »
    Shoveling healthy spinach , big dogs eating little dogs ......

Sorry but one more performance has to be thrown in the mix!

Don't ever stop!

Don't stop for Paul!

one stop shop
    the sweet shop
    come try your luck
    a sweet ****
    I'll eat your pop
    till ya cant stop
    you want more lovin
    but i ain't shoveling
    your tripe
    think twice
    b4 you type
    thats right
    get outta my sight
    I was right
    let's not fight
    till the end
    defend
    eachother
    sister, brother
    u2
    black and blue
    jay z
    the big cheese
    sneeze
    pleeze
    give me a tissue
    bless you
    won't test you
    or forget u

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Neurojazz

I might not have a flashy mac, but at least i have more cpu cycles ;P, and i won't even go near the 24/32bit issues :)

Mac users are sitting on timebombs ;P - nuclear chemical weapons of mass destruction - America should take action and remove them all and fire them into the sun.

Musician: Hey steve!

Steve Jobs: What?!

Musician: Macs sound better than PC for music?.

Steve Jobs: Yep, we added a 'sweeter' and 'louder' top end.

Musician: Wow, so that explains how i can hear the top end even with my head rammed up my arse.

;) - I have nothing against macs, unlike mac users who have everything against windowz users ;) ;P - i thought of that conversation before i went to bed - please excuse my bad humour ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Dagon

Neurojazz wrote: »
    ;) - I have nothing against macs, unlike mac users who have everything against windowz users ;) ;P - i thought of that conversation before i went to bed - please excuse my bad humour ;)

I consider myself a Windows user - I use it, not by choice, 80% of the time. I have to do all testing and development in work on Windows.

I have nothing against Windows either! If people stop using it, I'm out of a job. And all my knowledge is Windows based...

But we develop software in work that has a common codebase with Linux. The amount of extra time and testing that needs to be done on Windows is phenomenal. Stuff just works faster and more effortlessly on the Linux systems, with less weird ship popping up. And a lot of the time, doing stuff that is easy on Linux is a batle on Windows. Windows always comes up with the problems.

I guess that's why Windows software developers are the wealthiest in the world - they'll always have lots of bugs to fix!

What bugs? :) - i'm on xp sp2 and it gets from A to B fine...

Linux does rock - but iexpect by the time it was to function as fully as a mac or windows based system (with all the software, security etc....) that it would be quite bulky... Linux is great for light use - I have Linux running on a partition on my xp laptop and it's very slick, very quick but empty of heavy weight apps.

I find Xp maintenance free now since sp2 (which was years ago), Win98 was the one though - that involved deep knowledge and frequent bugs...

With Xp i found that once you know how to sort a Stop Code out that there wasn't anything that couldn't be fixed - (except in rare circumstances when users had installed something very malicious/illegal)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭dav nagle

I was sitting in my house a few years ago mixing and my PC unplugged itself and tried to bite my leg! FACT: When I told it to stop, it jumped out my three story window and died. You don't know what its like to lose a PC to suicide.

Macs have suckers on the bottom (no, not the owners), and a huge spring like those pop up toys... one day they just *pop* - Also, written on the bottom of every MAC are the words - 'S U C K E R' (in invisible ink)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

dav nagle wrote: »
    Frobisher will you back up why I have been so in correct using the term 'fact' please?

I was teasing you. You're not completely incorrect, but your not exactly completely correct either. :P I quite enjoy this debate but have been through it soooooooo many times that I can't help take the mickey a bit. I find it quite entertaining the way it seems to make people say things with absolute certainty that are in reality just opinion (usually it's from people that have macs or people that are trying to convince themselves to buy a mac), just like you did. Fact. ;)

Also, written on the bottom of every MAC are the words - 'S U C K E R' (in invisible ink)

PCs have 'Sucker' written on the Box they come in, in big red letters .... just the users refuse to read it!:p

MAC = Acronym of 'Mushy Audio Creator' - it all comes out in 7bit anyway.

• Advertisement

MAC = Acronym of 'Mushy Audio Creator' - it all comes out in 7bit anyway.

Very weak ..... I guess Mac Users are funnier too, ah well.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭tweeky

This mac/PC debate is irrelevant as it's what floats your boat and comes out those black boxes with white speakers that counts! (jesus that's another debate) Sure i worked for many years on a Mitsubishi X850 and for anyone born after 1988 that isn't a car!

tweeky wrote: »
    This mac/PC debate is irrelevant

Of course it is irrelevant .... but that doesn't mean it's any less fun! Especially when you're on the winning side.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

PaulBrewer wrote: »
    Of course it is irrelevant .... but that doesn't mean it's any less fun! Especially when you're on the winning side.:p

and winning is half the battle!! laughing at your enemy when there down is the other half!

Advertisement